When I was 21........

XTreme

11 hours ago, Specs said:

Did the 11 Plus (of sorts) three times. Once when we lived in North Wales and we moved on my birthday. Had to do it again in Cardiff, then when I went to secondary school, much of the catchment area didn’t have the 11 Plus, so I had to sit the school’s own exam for streaming kids. 

Mellow at Cardiff National Eisteddfod, 1978

11046869_962906770386391_4618046100630692457_o.jpeg.dfb73cdfda1f12f546009a6efe393776.jpeg

Ace photo, you were much better looking than that Swansea/Dago twat 

A78A2300-6829-4357-9993-220763278B89.jpeg.7f6750582f16b154681793609f992a3b.jpeg

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Specs said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No

I believe that's what they call "character" Alan.

And Hondas are boring because they just keep on running!

Boring will do for me! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm surprised that none of these test bikes aren't in the colours of the original Transalp

honda_transalp_xl750_01.webp.4b1f65424abf46a286025108c054e2ce.webp

I'm surprised they even have the other two ugly colors after coming up with that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Specs said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No

LATEST!!!

Apparently the bike has been fixed. The guy I spoke with had no idea what the techies have done and that he'd find out and let me know. Perhaps I'll never find out. Told him I wanted the bike returned here as covered by the extended warranty breakdown cover. It'll probably be another week as he said a different department deals with that. I'm out on the lash tomorrow afternoon, so I told him tomorrow morning or Thursday would have to do. I'm not holding my breath about anything M & P related here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I'm surprised they even have the other two ugly colors after coming up with that.

I quite like the dark colours. No matt black option though.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

We have two passes here (Me and @Specs) and two fails (@Renegade and @Clive).

I was interested to see if we have any other participants!

I did something in my last year of junior school, no idea if it was an 11 plus. There were only two of us destined for my senior school because we had both moved away from the immediate area but still stayed at the same junior school for the last year. We both had to go to a room and take an exam whilst a member of staff watched us and timed it, took about an hour. I can recall the questions were mostly English and Maths based, I know I had to guess a lot of them as it was stuff I hadn't heard of then.

When I turned up at my senior school they streamed us, we had three bands and a dribbler class. I went in to the top stream and my mate went into the lower stream, but was moved up to the middle stream at the end of the first year. The dribbler class was wound up by the 3rd year and the occupants moved in to the lower stream.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm surprised that none of these test bikes aren't in the colours of the original Transalp

honda_transalp_xl750_01.webp.4b1f65424abf46a286025108c054e2ce.webp

The white ones will be the best seller, so I guess that they don't want to tie them up as demo bikes?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tango said:

The white ones will be the best seller, so I guess that they don't want to tie them up as demo bikes?

You still planning to check them out Bob?

8 hours ago, Specs said:

Hmmmmm. And it fits. Probably test ride next week. 

IMG_0699.thumb.jpeg.f35e30b87728f9ef21a9e82c9d673fd0.jpeg

Funnily, some of the reviews that I've seen recently go along the lines of "it goes well, handles OK and is pretty comfortable,  but I wouldn't buy one because it's got tubed tyres and no cruise control"! Go figure! 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You still planning to check them out Bob?

I sat on one a week or so back, Pete. Need to contact the dealer to arrange a test ride. I do like the look of it.

• Like 2

I didn’t do 11 plus but sat an entrance exam for the three grammar schools in Bristol as they were allowing 3 free places  (non paying) that year.

I only got a grade good enough for a fee paying place and there was no way we could afford that.

I ended up going to a comprehensive and looking back I was really glad as I would have ended up having a fight every week in a grammar school 😏

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i left school with what i started with , bugger all

Well I don’t think sentences were your strong point Lionel but you’ve managed nine words this time 😮

• Haha 3