Material things you have lost that you still think about now.

Have you ever lost things that you still wonder where they are?

And hope that maybe at some point somehow just maybe you'll see them again?

Or do you still wince at the thought of something you lost that you know is gone forever because you did something stupid with it?

My worse one is an engagement ring, there's no way I'll see that again but decades later occasionally I wonder where it is!

One of my favourite lost n founds-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16374283

• Like 2

Not lost.....destroyed.

Hundreds of pics that I took out on bikes (particularly race meetings), trips in cars etc from 71 to 82. I always took a pocket camera with me if I went places....a Halina I seem to remember.

Anyway, the first wife didn't deem it appropriate to include them in my possessions when she threw them out onto the drive. The only ones I salvaged are the ones you've seen me post.

I'd evacuated my bike (750K2) to my old girl's house well before this. Glad I did or she'd probably have taken a hammer to it as she'd previously threatened to do.

@Skippy knows all about shit like this. Tell em Ray!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've been going though this recently, i had two rechargeable workshop LED lights the one i bought and the other fell off a car as it past me on the road outside my house. The one i bought went missing a while ago last time i can say for sure i was using it was when me and the wife went to north wales in the marmite wagon for our wedding anniversary which is coming up to a year now, I've searched the car over and over but never found it and have been racking my brain trying to remember where it went every time i need it which is often, The one i found disappeared about a month ago i'm sure i last used it when changing the headlight bulb on my daughters car i'll have to check under the bonnet of here car when shes home next . Good news though when i got the camping gear out for this weekends trip i found the one i bought tucked away in one of the bike panniers :classic_laugh:
And i' have another i think about but not sure i should post it 🫢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not lost.....destroyed.

Hundreds of pics that I took out on bikes (particularly race meetings), trips in cars etc from 71 to 82. I always took a pocket camera with me if I went places....a Halina I seem to remember.

Anyway, the first wife didn't deem it appropriate to include them in my possessions when she threw them out onto the drive. The only ones I salvaged are the ones you've seen me post.

I'd evacuated my bike (750K2) to my old girl's house well before this. Glad I did or she'd probably have taken a hammer to it as she'd previously threatened to do.

@Skippy knows all about shit like this. Tell em Ray!

………..it’s funny as fuck so I’ll save it up for another day. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

There is £150 in an envelope somewhere in our house .  I hid it so well over 25 years ago that I've never been able to find it :classic_laugh:

So it was you you bastard LOL

Slightly off topic My father was looking around a dumped sofa for any info on who had dumped it about 40 years ago when he found an envelope under one of the cushions he thought here we go, when he opened it there was £105 in it, he said to me he immediately gave them an on the spot fine for dumping the sofa and after ripping the bottom off it found another £5 in loose change floating around in there. He also found an envelope with an address on so got the pleasure of standing there watching the owners of the sofa picking it up after the council got hold of them so if your the one who dumped the sofa and have been wondering what happened to that cash my dad had it :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've been going thought this recently, i had two rechargeable workshop LED lights the one i bought and the other fell off a car as it past me on the road outside my house. The one i bought went missing a while ago last time i can say for sure i was using it was when me and the wife went to north wales in the marmite wagon for our wedding anniversary which is coming up to a year now, I've searched the car over and over but never found it and have been racking my brain trying to remember where it went every time i need it which is often, The one i found disappeared about a month ago i'm sure i last used it when changing the headlight bulb on my daughters car i'll have to check under the bonnet of here car when shes home next . Good news though when i got the camping gear out for this weekends trip i found the one i bought tucked away in one of the bike panniers :classic_laugh:
And i' have another i think about but not sure i should post it 🫢

I’m sure you should.

• Like 1

I have zero materialism, I used to be very materialistic but for everything I have lost I have gained something of far more worth in Christ that I can never lose as it does not depend on me but is anchored in his grace.

Can I get an amen?

Bill Nye No GIF by PeacockTV

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I have zero materialism, I used to be very materialistic but for everything I have lost I have gained something of far more worth in Christ that I can never lose as it does not depend on me but is anchored in his grace.

Can I get an amen?

can i get an amen church GIF

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Can I get an amen?

You've lost your marbles posting stuff like that on here, you might not be missing them but we do 😂

• Haha 2

My mum left me a few gold sovereigns, Victorian, Edwardian and George 5th ones. I went through them spread out on the kitchen work top and selected a few to give to my son to sell as he was having a bit of trouble money wise at the time. I couldn't remember how many there were exactly, but I was sure I was missing one, gave up worrying about and put them away in a hidey place. This was about 5 years ago.

Last month my dish washer finally expired after 20 years of faithful service. When I pulled it out from under the kitchen unit to replace it with a new one there was a gold sovereign sitting on top in the centre.

• Like 8

A really nice small and simple electronic tire pressure gauge. Just a simple button on and off and accurate. I bought it ages ago for the Transalp, suddenly it went missing and I never saw it again.

Modern electronic stuff like that is crap, bought an Oxford one the other day and it’s useless, you need a degree to use it every time, and three measurements give three different readings, and as the fitment to the valve is shit you end up loosing pressure every time you use it.

Ended up taking my normal one to Morocco last time, looked like a fucking F1 pitstop every time I used it in front of a hotel :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I used to have a good collection of old motorcycle enamel badges, but they just disappeared and I often wonder what happened to them. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tango said:

I used to have a good collection of old motorcycle enamel badges, but they just disappeared and I often wonder what happened to them. 

Sounds a bit nickable 😬

You never know they might turn up.. on eBay 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1