Freddie in Africa

Saul

14 minutes ago, Saul said:

Quite enjoying his latest adventure.  Do get the feeling he is flying by the seat of his pants though.  

Yeh.......I've been following his trip!

• Like 2

Nothing against the dude, but it's like I thought, after Itchy Boots they'll all follow. Next winter they'll be serving full english breakfasts in the ferry :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

Just now, Pedro said:

Nothing against the dude, but it's like I thought, after Itchy Boots they'll all follow. Next winter they'll be serving full english breakfasts in the ferry :classic_laugh:

I don't know how some of these people can finance the trips that they do!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

You Tube and it's paetron facility I suspect.  It's a different world now Pete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You Tube and it's paetron facility I suspect.  It's a different world now Pete.

Getting punters to pay for you to ride your bike? What an angle!

Wouldn't cost them much if @Six30 did it though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Getting punters to pay for you to ride your bike? What an angle!

Wouldn't cost them much if @Six30 did it though!

You’ll never know 

• Haha 5

I’ve watched the first three videos of that trip to Morocco. They’re entertaining and worth a watch, to me they are amusing.

It’s weird to imagine you coming from somewhere where people just assume that you pay with plastic for every little thing around the world and that your card is good wherever. The dude is surprised to find that fuel stations and places where he wants to have lunch don’t accept cards. Also weird he doesn’t try to buy a data card or local phone card.

Still entertaining to watch.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I’ve watched the first three videos of that trip to Morocco. They’re entertaining and worth a watch, to me they are amusing.

It’s weird to imagine you coming from somewhere where people just assume that you pay with plastic for every little thing around the world and that your card is good wherever. The dude is surprised to find that fuel stations and places where he wants to have lunch don’t accept cards. Also weird he doesn’t try to buy a data card or local phone card.

Still entertaining to watch.

Strangely enough I've been watching his trip and thought that for someone who is supposedly reasonably well travelled it was a bit odd that he wasn't switched on to the cash thing. I still have my Euros that I didn't have to change as I didn't get there! :rofl:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Specs said:

Strangely enough I've been watching his trip and thought that for someone who is supposedly reasonably well travelled it was a bit odd that he wasn't switched on to the cash thing. I still have my Euros that I didn't have to change as I didn't get there! :rofl:

It's a modern country in that regards, no need for that old school trading currency on the black market, my cards work in every ATM in Morocco and my credit card worked every time I used it. Rates are also quite low, maybe 2 to 4 Euros to withdraw 200 Euros worth of Dirhams. Same as at home, I like to have cash if going out anywhere.

I watch the 44 teeth videos too, and noticed that Chris was very anxious when traveling through eastern Europe and Croatia about people accepting his credit card or not. I wonder if it's a British thing nowadays, when abroad to rely more on plastic than having cash even if said cash is easily accessible through local ATMs.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Pedro said:

It's a modern country in that regards, no need for that old school trading currency on the black market, my cards work in every ATM in Morocco and my credit card worked every time I used it. Rates are also quite low, maybe 2 to 4 Euros to withdraw 200 Euros worth of Dirhams. Same as at home, I like to have cash if going out anywhere.

I watch the 44 teeth videos too, and noticed that Chris was very anxious when traveling through eastern Europe and Croatia about people accepting his credit card or not. I wonder if it's a British thing nowadays, when abroad to rely more on plastic than having cash even if said cash is easily accessible through local ATMs.

When we were in Croatia last month it was all cash nobody took cards anywhere we went, when i asked why i was told that they all went contactless during covid on the governments request and then got stitched up by them so the country went back to cash only to piss the government off or something like that LOL

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When we were in Croatia last month it was all cash nobody took cards anywhere we went, when i asked why i was told that they all went contactless during covid on the governments request and then got stitched up by them so the country went back to cash only to piss the government off or something like that LOL

Polite way of telling you that they wouldn't accept plastic from a shifty foreign fucker like you!

• Haha 3

On 18/05/2023 at 22:30, XTreme said:

There seems to be a lot of people who make enough money from YouTube to be able to do it full-time. As @boboneleg says, Patreon along with advertising if they have enough followers. Maybe you should consider a career as a YouTube influencer Pete? 😉😂😂