Bike shopping and Mini Bimble.

Saul

I went with my mate today as he is after another bike.   Specifically a Yamaha XS 650 US Custom.   First one we looked at was dog rough and pissing oil, for £2.5k.  Not the right one.   The second one was a much better prospect only 16,000 miles really tidy original Damerells bike owned by a retired Damerells mechanic. That was spot on but £4k.   If it was my money that would have been the one but my mate was undecided.  The same chap also had a XS1100 with 300 miles on it.  An XS750, an XS1-B and a 1981 DT175.   All immaculate and for sale from his own collection.  Wish I could have got some photos to show but the chap wasn’t keen to have them shared around so I respected his wishes. 
Anyway after that we headed to Damerells for a cuppa and sandwich.   I got chatting to a chap who has just ordered a new Yellow Hornet today for August delivery.   
Anyway Damerells was low on stock but it is silly season. The line of sold bikes was long.  
Saw a nice Harris Yamaha outside Damerells, believe it had a R1 motor but not entirely sure.    I have also come to the conclusion that Damerells is a sort of day care centre for silly old fuckers with too much time on their hands    And before anyone says I do resemble that remark and my mate is 8 years my senior   🤣👍

IMG_9946.thumb.jpeg.fed186359da0f016bc982b8b5247f8a4.jpeg
IMG_9947.thumb.jpeg.2b7748ac01a577de3dcde3928eba8f41.jpegIMG_9953.thumb.jpeg.8d33037a053fcc792d53bc9a08eb3a8c.jpegIMG_9948.thumb.jpeg.c538e4a06b82c192be436cdf955152fb.jpegIMG_9949.thumb.jpeg.c7b0e720d8846a18cbf5cdd6081902d3.jpegIMG_9952.thumb.jpeg.507152c21797d7754ea97a79c14b5f10.jpeg
IMG_9950.thumb.jpeg.2791ce440e38b5279be83814e6c63263.jpegIMG_9951.thumb.jpeg.9f750b64850ffe98382853ffa20b1f71.jpegIMG_9954.thumb.jpeg.3789d177f4c6cdd21e5142ceab29a205.jpegIMG_9948.thumb.jpeg.c538e4a06b82c192be436cdf955152fb.jpeg

• Like 6

Seem to have plenty for sale still.

Wasn't the XS750 a bugga for knocking out second gear????? Must admit the little DT would get my attention.
Cheers Saul.

• Like 3

Yes it is.   We are going to Bude bike night tomorrow and he is actually going to ride his Indian Scout.  I have never seen the thing move and I have known him years.   

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Seem to have plenty for sale still.

Wasn't the XS750 a bugga for knocking out second gear????? Must admit the little DT would get my attention.
Cheers Saul.

Yeah that cam chains and transfer cases.   I liked the XS1-B.   1973 I think.  But if I was going to buy something from that era probably be a big 2 stroke.    Maybe a T500 or the like.    All dream land I have no intention of going down that black hole.   

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yeah that cam chains and transfer cases.   I liked the XS1-B.   1973 I think.  But if I was going to buy something from that era probably be a big 2 stroke.    Maybe a T500 or the like.    All dream land I have no intention of going down that black hole.   

What was hot stuff motorcycling 50 years ago would now feel agricultural.

• Like 2

Of course it would,  but nostalgia is strong.   I know my CB is probably the best bike package I have had but doesn’t stop me hankering after a big old Beamer or smoker.  Not going there but fond memories.   

• Like 2

On 02/05/2023 at 18:40, XTreme said:

Nice shots Saul.

Is this the same guy who buys bikes and then never rides them?

Him and @Slowlycatchymonkey sound like soul mates to me!

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

What you say @Six30?

Soz been absent, busy riding a bike - for more than an hour to an unabandoned spot on more than the odd occasion it doesn't rain and isnt too hot or too cold..

Bird Middle Finger GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Soz been absent, busy riding a bike - for more than an hour to an unabandoned spot on more than the odd occasion it doesn't rain and isnt too hot or too cold..

Bird Middle Finger GIF by Robert E Blackmon

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i want to see some photos of @Slowlycatchymonkey trip.... 

there was no trip ... she's a dreamer .. a fucking dreamer i tell you

Can't post any cos they were mainly naked and Pete has a bit of thing about google categorising him as an adult site 😆

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Can't post any cos they were mainly naked and Pete has a bit of thing about google categorising him as an adult site 😆

Do you want my e-mail address :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

yeh right .... 

OIP.axNtrbGBhsM9EDpIKLcFzwHaFA?pid=ImgDe

• Haha 4

On 02/05/2023 at 20:08, XTreme said:

What was hot stuff motorcycling 50 years ago would now feel agricultural.

You mean they were all harleys?

22 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Beer Drinking GIF by lilcozynostril

• Haha 1

On 02/05/2023 at 18:40, XTreme said:

Nice shots Saul.

Is this the same guy who buys bikes and then never rides them?

Him and @Slowlycatchymonkey

Well got to see my mates new to him bike today.  I have got to say I am quite impressed.   It needs some love but he has fixed the oil leak and it sounds as sweet as a nut.  
Just needs some cosmetic fettling and it is ready to go.   He has also got the ad the seller bought the bike from in 1998 from Damerells.   
It came with a box full of spares as well. 

IMG_9989.jpeg

IMG_9991.jpeg

IMG_9992.jpeg

IMG_9988.jpeg

• Like 3

I don’t know mate if it was it came in the early 1990’s.  Were US imports a thing back then?   
Of course you noticed the rusty nut 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

I don’t know mate if it was it came in the early 1990’s.  Were US imports a thing back then?   
Of course you noticed the rusty nut 🤣🤣🤣

Oh yeh.....back in the 90's grey and parallel imports were a big thing.

The height of the bars suggests it's a Yank one!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Thought all the Specials had the high bars, including the 250s.

Absolutely right and you could get the 250 as a single cylinder or twin 

• Like 1