I've done it again

Saul

I can't fucking believe it I managed to fall over again the second time in less than a week.  I fell down steps on Monday, last night I fell over in the carpark at work.  Slipped on a mud in the dark and went down doing the splits.  I felt a crack in my leg and now I have pulled my hamstring.  I'm fucking falling to pieces.  Got sent home because it was to painful to drive for the next 10 hours.  Luckily I work with medics so mine last  night sorted me out.    Now I am a clumsy cunt I will admit but twice in a week is more than that so those fucking Clarkes shoes are going in the bin.   Slippery bastards. ☹️ Frustrating as I am going to be laid up for my rest days and can't do what I do normally.  Now on painkillers, and my leg is glowing with Ibuprofen gel and deep heat.  Stinking 🤣   I will resist spamming this place although I have fuck all else I can do.   🙄

• Haha 2
  • Sad 5

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

I can't fucking believe it I managed to fall over again the second time in less than a week.  I fell down steps on Monday, last night I fell over in the carpark at work.  Slipped on a mud in the dark and went down doing the splits.  I felt a crack in my leg and now I have pulled my hamstring.  I'm fucking falling to pieces.  Got sent home because it was to painful to drive for the next 10 hours.  Luckily I work with medics so mine last  night sorted me out.    Now I am a clumsy cunt I will admit but twice in a week is more than that so those fucking Clarkes shoes are going in the bin.   Slippery bastards. ☹️ Frustrating as I am going to be laid up for my rest days and can't do what I do normally.  Now on painkillers, and my leg is glowing with Ibuprofen gel and deep heat.  Stinking 🤣   I will resist spamming this place although I have fuck all else I can do.   🙄

You're lucky you didn't break anything Saul.

Unfortunately, recovery takes a lot longer the older we get.

• Like 2

I know mate, I thought when I felt my leg crack I had, but luckily for me it wasn’t that bad.  Getting old and brittle sucks.   

• Like 3

I've been over on my arse/back twice in the last year. Once it was winter and due to slippery footwear and shiny wet york stone paving. The other time I was bare foot and slipped on shiny wet concrete paving after getting out of a swimming pool on a blazing hot day. I seem to manage falling over at both extremes of weather.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

You see, Clarks shoes have never been any good since they stopped making them in Somerest :classic_mellow:

They are made in the BMW factory in China now.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Saul said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Six30 said:

giphy.gif

Fucking feels like that at the moment, my Mrs offered to get me a stick to use, I told her the only need I had for a stick was to throw at her.  Piss taking cow.  

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Not if I can help it, if I can help it I'll expire when I'm about 59 I don't want to be a doddery old cunt

You are already so old you are scared to tune your bike. Boring old cunt!

Baby Boomers Internet GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You are already so old you are scared to tune your bike. Boring old cunt!

Baby Boomers Internet GIF

I'm not scared to tune it in the slightest, it just doesn't need it, just because you could tune yours till the cows came home and it still wouldn't worry a 30mph speed limit doesn't mean the same for mine

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

I'm not scared to tune it in the slightest, it just doesn't need it, just because you could tune yours till the cows came home and it still wouldn't worry a 30mph speed limit doesn't mean the same for mine

fart GIF

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Not if I can help it, if I can help it I'll expire when I'm about 59 I don't want to be a doddery old cunt

Nobody wants to be a doddery old cunt but unless you shuffle off this mortal coil its coming. 😉  Just out of interest how old are you now that you have given up playing.  I made it to 42 before I got to brittle.  😪

I'm 58 in 6 months, I am sorting of hoping I make it past 59 although I know there are no guarantees.  If for no other reason to get some use out of my Honda.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3