Third Weekend in March!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Might just find a cheap n cheerful hotel. Try again tomoz!

you been riding it and its gone flat ?

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Exactly Bob a photo of a smelly boot which i'm not convinced is smelly because of the damp and not a single bike photo even Six will provide a photo of his bike in the van

You Are So Right Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You really need to visit a Honda dealer you know!

@Saul.......tell her what the Honda lifestyle is like after enduring all that Indian crap

My Indian crap dealer was also my Honda dealer.  🤣  I actually quite liked my Indian crap, but I do prefer the Honda  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update (unlikely to be able to reply cos I got no phone charger). 

Wasn’t looking forward to swapping the batteries cos while Mr Slowlys bike battery is easily removed the Himalayans is a right royal pain in the wotnot requiring seat removal and a very long screwdriver to lever it out from above whilst wriggling it back n forth from the side. I do not carry a long screwdriver around so had to make do with the too short spanner I had. Cue much frustrated fecking about.. and then I eventually discover… his battery is also flat 🙈

After some confused conversations it transpires because electricity now costs so much they won’t charge anything unless you specifically ask and pay €10!  

FFS a heads up would have been nice. 

Am in hotel 10 mins down the road while it charges overnight.

If I return tomorrow and it’s still crapped out I’ll hire a car, go home and start the annoying business of buying yet another battery. 

The only English speaking channel on the TV is constant real life murder documentaries, it’s highly educational, at this rate I’ll be able to give Buck a run for his money 😂

I’ve had a delightful dinner from an expensive vending machine because there’s no room service, pah!

Who books two doubles?!

170F57CE-0FB5-4809-8725-94568AA4FC0D.thumb.jpeg.d51dbd33b11f1806ee497fa0844eaeb2.jpeg

Bog standard hotel bathroom but at least they supply a toothbrush and toothpaste.

74C8C8AD-BCA4-47BF-B8E8-B2C3AA08A414.thumb.jpeg.8e8931584bc4f14f0d528e67b47af345.jpeg

Nice view from the balcony. To the right you look out to sea but that was too dark for the camera to photograph.

4EF2EBDC-441B-4E49-9417-D74A875645B8.thumb.jpeg.66689972da206d2a46c7280e3e7a6a8d.jpeg

Any suggestions for a supplier in Spain who would  have a high turnover of quality batteries? 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Update (unlikely to be able to reply cos I got no phone charger). 

Wasn’t looking forward to swapping the batteries cos while Mr Slowlys bike battery is easily removed the Himalayans is a right royal pain in the wotnot requiring seat removal and a very long screwdriver to lever it out from above whilst wriggling it back n forth from the side. I do not carry a long screwdriver around so had to make do with the too short spanner I had. Cue much frustrated fecking about.. and then I eventually discover… his battery is also flat 🙈

After some confused conversations it transpires because electricity now costs so much they won’t charge anything unless you specifically ask and pay €10!  

FFS a heads up would have been nice. 

Am in hotel 10 mins down the road while it charges overnight.

If I return tomorrow and it’s still crapped out I’ll hire a car, go home and start the annoying business of buying yet another battery. 

The only English speaking channel on the TV is constant real life murder documentaries, it’s highly educational, at this rate I’ll be able to give Buck a run for his money 😂

I’ve had a delightful dinner from an expensive vending machine because there’s no room service, pah!

Who books two doubles?!

170F57CE-0FB5-4809-8725-94568AA4FC0D.thumb.jpeg.d51dbd33b11f1806ee497fa0844eaeb2.jpeg

Bog standard hotel bathroom but at least they supply a toothbrush and toothpaste.

74C8C8AD-BCA4-47BF-B8E8-B2C3AA08A414.thumb.jpeg.8e8931584bc4f14f0d528e67b47af345.jpeg

Nice view from the balcony. To the right you look out to sea but that was too dark for the camera to photograph.

4EF2EBDC-441B-4E49-9417-D74A875645B8.thumb.jpeg.66689972da206d2a46c7280e3e7a6a8d.jpeg

Any suggestions for a supplier in Spain who would  have a high turnover of quality batteries? 

For the future use disconnect one of the battery terminals don't matter which one if the battery is good it will stay charged for months without the parasitic drain on it 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

For the future use disconnect one of the battery terminals don't matter which one if the battery is good it will stay charged for months without the parasitic drain on it 

I was just about to say that!

• Haha 3

What a palaver. Knackering.

A 2hr ish round trip turning into a 24 hour one. Nevermind, finally got back had a cup of tea, some non vending machine food and the delights of electricity.

Before you all kick off there was no way once the bike was going I was going to stop to take pics for you lot to bitch about. But just cos it is you here’s another bad one to add to the rubbish photo file- 

One staggeringly dusty, crapped out batteried, slighlty illegally parked bike on charge 😆

7D98EFFC-4D90-403F-B247-365BC5665AB9.thumb.jpeg.5e3e736f40650a773106434ccc12922e.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

hang on .....she left it at the airport and it was flat ..... i cant keep up with @Slowlycatchymonkey she has more holidays than Judith Chalmers

Had a hire car for the last week or so,  dropped car and friend back at airport.

Went to pick up mobike (conveniently it’s next door to car hire place) and the battery was flat. I’m then stranded at bloody airport, cue shenanigans til I end up at nearby hotel while it charges overnight. £120 them not charging it cost me!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Had a hire car for the last week or so,  dropped car and friend back at airport.

Went to pick up mobike (conveniently it’s next door to car hire place) and the battery was flat. I’m then stranded at bloody airport, cue shenanigans til I end up at nearby hotel while it charges overnight. £120 them not charging it cost me!

Was that part of the parking deal to keep it charged ?

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Was that part of the parking deal to keep it charged ?

Yep. 

I get that electricity prices will be effecting their bottom line but €10 for one nights charge is a bit much and to leave the bikes to go flat with no warning is a bit shit. 

I was in the middle of stressing about finding a hotel nearby cos everything close was booked when she came over and said I’d have to pay 10 euros to charge it.
A ‘discussion’ ensued about that being part of the agreement and and she scoffed and said “SHOW ME” 

Eventually (it took forever) I found the email. Her face dropped and and she said “we don’t do that anymore, you want it charged you have to email 24hrs ahead and you will have to pay €10 tomorrow”

I kept it together in-spite of wanting to let rip about how much their lack of professionalism was costing me in hotel, taxi fares and probably new batteries because when it came down to it I needed their help.. plus it took me 6 months to find airport parking that accepted motorcycles over 125cc.

Think the one last night is a bit of a psycho she was enjoying making my life difficult but she kept flipping between being a total cowbag and offering help. Felt like a mouse being played with in cats claws. Unfortunately I’m sure she’s in charge.

Went back this morning, different staff, went to give them the €10 and they said no way, they didn’t want to be paid and next time just leave it on charge! 🙄

It would be great if loons could have training to keep their crazy out of work time 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep. 

I get that electricity prices will be effecting their bottom line but €10 for one nights charge is a bit much and to leave the bikes to go flat with no warning is a bit shit. 

I was in the middle of stressing about finding a hotel nearby cos everything close was booked when she came over and said I’d have to pay 10 euros to charge it.
A ‘discussion’ ensued about that being part of the agreement and and she scoffed and said “SHOW ME” 

Eventually (it took forever) I found the email. Her face dropped and and she said “we don’t do that anymore, you want it charged you have to email 24hrs ahead and you will have to pay €10 tomorrow”

I kept it together in-spite of wanting to let rip about how much their lack of professionalism was costing me in hotel, taxi fares and probably new batteries because when it came down to it I needed their help.. plus it took me 6 months to find airport parking that accepted motorcycles over 125cc.

Think the one last night is a bit of a psycho she was enjoying making my life difficult but she kept flipping between being a total cowbag and offering help. Felt like a mouse being played with in cats claws. Unfortunately I’m sure she’s in charge.

Went back this morning, different staff, went to give them the €10 and they said no way, they didn’t want to be paid and next time just leave it on charge! 🙄

It would be great if loons could have training to keep their crazy out of work time 😂

good customer service then .,. Send em a bill for the hotel 

• Like 1