Last Weekend in January!

XTreme

Going to be freezing again here, and we're still shaking off the tail end of this flu.

We're feeling better, but a way to go yet before we're fully recovered.

So once again I'll be sitting it out......5 weeks now!

What about you lot?

• Like 5

I put my back out doing some work in the house yesterday, plus it's freezing and blowing a gale here, so the bike is going to remain tucked away in the garage for the time being.  Anyway, I've got to sort my cold weather gear out for next week, as we're going to a ski resort with the group for the week. We're not skiing, but we're hoping to do some snow shoeing, sledging and dog sledding and using the spa at the hotel.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

I put my back out doing some work in the house yesterday, plus it's freezing and blowing a gale here, so the bike is going to remain tucked away in the garage for the time being.  Anyway, I've got to sort my cold weather gear out for next week, as we're going to a ski resort with the group for the week. We're not skiing, but we're hoping to do some snow shoeing, sledging and dog sledding and using the spa at the hotel.

Heated socks. They’re the dogs in that environment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Weird weekend here, eldest daughter has a residential week at College and went today.   Youngest daughter is round her mates for a sleepover and I am off to work.  
Just the Mrs and my son rattling around a quiet house.  Not normal at all, no music no singing no bedlam.  
But it is the dog’s birthday and the Dear Boy has a new Ginger best Bud 😎

89D6DD6D-1B0A-44B0-B3ED-9F68EFC8B787.jpeg

BAA19D22-1F1E-4D92-BBBE-3B5811DABDB2.jpeg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

Going to be freezing again here, and we're still shaking off the tail end of this flu.

We're feeling better, but a way to go yet before we're fully recovered.

So once again I'll be sitting it out......5 weeks now!

What about you lot?

I'm going to try and get the bike out for a short blast, first time in 2 months otherwise I'll just be recovering from the silly long hours im putting in at work and generally having a rest till it starts again 6am Monday morning 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I'm going to try and get the bike out for a short blast, first time in 2 months otherwise I'll just be recovering from the silly long hours im putting in at work and generally having a rest till it starts again 6am Monday morning 

New job going OK?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

New job going OK?

Yeah its going great apart from the very long hours by which I mean most days starting 6am and not getting home till between 8 and 10pm most days but other than that I'm my own boss so I can take days off as and when I want and if I do 5 days a week I'm bagging over 600 quid a week so my plans are do 4 or 5 weeks at 5 days a week then do 2 weeks of 4 days which generally bag me 500+ 

• Like 7

Got to sort the condense drain off the boiler tomorrow not looking forward to it not sure about Sunday may go out on the Beta depends how the job goes tomorrow. For now i'm just chilling out with a beer trying to catch up with the crap on here

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Like some of the boys i work with, their so slow you need a calendar to time them not a clock LOL

Go into his place and the dog does not give you more than a glimpse,  never wags it rudder, does not come for a fuss....just ambles around..... strange creature. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Walking to Newport with the daughter and Matt (Sam’s partner), goes on the bus and has his driving lesson. All on the bus if it’s raining. Prob spend the day there before heading back to Cowes for an early ish bed ready for the trip home tomorrow.

Mandis still having fun in Singapore but she’s having an extra day sight seeing before the long flight back. She’s 8 hours ahead of our time so communications not been good, adding to the fact the vessel she’s on is having a lot of connection probs. Wi-Fi especially, been slowing their progress down since she got there.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Clive said:

Go into his place and the dog does not give you more than a glimpse,  never wags it rudder, does not come for a fuss....just ambles around..... strange creature. 

Perhaps the dog is retired 🤔

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Perhaps the dog is retired 🤔

It's 3 years old......but you would think it was ancient from how it ambles around. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1