Happy milestone big girl

Pedro

11 minutes ago, Six30 said:

just over 60,000 miles, you had it from new @Pedro, had any probs with it ?

Yes, have it from new.

The button used to switch information on the dash started to stick sometimes, and you’d have to press it on the other side to make it pop back up. It was a known issue so they changed that, and the controls on the other grip as well even though they were fine. That was a few months from new.

It had a new clutch fitted at around 60 or 70000km, not a warranty thing as it wasn’t even slipping, but worn clutches affect gearchange quite a lot. It would still ride on that clutch today had it not been changed.

I had the rocker arms replaced with upgraded ones, faulty coating on the stock ones. It’s a common problem with this generation BMWs, KTMs and Ducatis. 

I replaced the shocks with aftermarket, but the original ones still worked in their own way, and didn’t leak.

BMW replaced the driveshaft even though it was ok, at around 93 or 94000kms. I would have changed it at 100.000kms so it was a nice surprise that they had that recall.

Next will be the grips, they’re worn.

It’s not the cheapest bike to have, but I am quite happy with it so far. Never used any oil or dripped anything apart from the filler cap sealant, that for whatever reason drips a while after having the oil done sometimes.

• Like 7