RE Classic 350

Saul

Not really a ride report as such but I took my Himalayan up to get serviced today at the dealership.   It’s a good 20 miles from me and they wanted the bike overnight so they can set the valve clearances cold.    Hence I had to have a loan bike.   I didn’t really care what they gave me or had given it much thought.   Anyway when I got there they wheeled out this classic 350 for me to borrow.  
I must say what a pleasant thing to ride, sweet sounding motor with lots of low down torque from tickover.   Really light clutch with a light and positive gear change.   Just a lovely thing to ride, I really enjoyed it.   Of course it is anything but fast but very easy to live with, a very easy bike to like.   Great brakes to, I thought it handled really well.   
It feels a better finished bike than my Himalayan and a bit smoother to ride.   It does feel restricted though and while happy between 30 and 60 mph any faster than that is not where it wants to be.  
I think it is a stunning looking bike.  I would not buy one but I do appreciate it as lovely bit of kit.   

A78FB9CF-53B5-423C-B6C6-B4951D8DEA00.jpeg

B6E242EA-6264-4325-A627-30FBB63FAD7D.jpeg

D7E0F545-1968-43DB-9B29-254DDDD84651.jpeg

3E332BAC-567C-4D0F-96D2-1FEC9787BDDF.jpeg

3060182F-3E59-4CA1-819F-BFB000C8AC3B.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'd rather walk than get on a bus, full of smelly people who don't know how to put their hand up when they cough. 

200.gif

Really though, please ride a Vespa instead!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'd rather walk than get on a bus, full of smelly people who don't know how to put their hand up when they cough. 

You have no choice but to walk if you were hoping to ride your BSA.

• Haha 2