Plans for 2023

Skippy

So then, what’s on the cards for you lot in 2023? I’ve nothing set in stone but a trip north to Alcaniz for the Zombie Chopper Festival at the start of May is a possibility, meeting mates from the UK.

• Like 7

Much riding proposed, looking to change my job, get fitter and improve my health.   Lots of singing and thinking of doing some sort of advanced riding course so that I can volunteer for the blood bikers.   All general goals granted but I am sure more will come into focus as it gets closer.  

• Like 6

I may go to Morocco again, this time with a different take on things and to revisit the desert with a better understanding of myself and the bike.

I'd like to go somewhere new on the motorcycle too, that would mean Spain or France or the Nurburgring or Italy, the Via del Sale. Thing is I don't like crowds.

A summer week to go somewhere sunny in Portugal would be very much appreciated, too. 

What I do plan on doing is taking a few short trips, go somewhere specific and return the same day or with a single overnight stay. I have been meaning to do this often since I started riding but somehow quick trips seem to never really have the pull to get the bike going.

• Like 8

Nephew can do his second part of his test in June so can then get a 400cc bike... going to do  few days away up north , Bangers and Cash auction

van action on my own before that though .

• Like 6

Have one scheduled in June with the wife on the GoldThing; Home to Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and then up the coast before heading east to Salt Lake CIty and back home.

Another week long ride just around Colorado with friends Dave and Debbie (GS1200 guy)

An eastern trek from here to Chicago, Indy, Ohio and then south to Tennessee and Alabama (Barber Museum) and then back home via Texas.

If there's no snow and I'm able to get out, I'd like to do the MotoGP again in Austin, Texas in April. A little early to be riding around here so it'll be a last minute decision.

Might try again for Jasper, Canada again in August.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The way things are shaping up in the world my only plan is to try and survive the year!

you do fuck all any way

• Haha 6

All a bit unformed at the moment but off to a mates place for a weeks skiing the port du soleil end of Jan, a bit unfit to ski all day everyday so went back to the gym today.. painful!!

Back to Spain after that for sunshine riding and I still haven't visited the spaghetti western place which I really want to see.

April I'm taking a small group from Blighty to the Alps, must get on with the planning for that, booked the ferry.. yep that's all I've done 😬

Badly want to ride back to beautiful Scotland and see my bro at the same time so summer time ish for that one. Hopefully my BSA will turn up at some point so that'll be fun/disappointing, might even go on that 😬😂 .. unlikely.

Morocco is definitely on the cards but as there's already other things booked for the beginning of the year it's looking more autumn time, although a friend is suggesting we leave the men behind and ride Arizona in the autumn which I wouldn't sniff at 😆 if that happens I'll still be dipping my toe into Morocco but maybe just a short one. And sometime in-between I'll have to ride the Himalayan back to Blighty for its MOT. 

Got very boring house renovation stuff to deal with, putting furniture on the spots everyone needs to step around to avoid going through the floor isn't as great a solution as it sounds 😆

So sick of this dreary weather, it'd take more than a daylight bulb to rectify this misery 😁 I know this is a banned topic but FUCKING BREXIT!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We've got a week booked in the Massif Centrale at the end of January to do some snow shoeing and tobogganing, if there's any snow there!  Friends coming over for a few days at the end of Feb. Got an appointment with the Urologist in mid-Feb to see about an operation. What I do after that depends a lot on the recovery time. Nephew's 30th birthday at the beginning of April, so we should be going to the UK for that for a few days. My boys are talking about coming here for a holiday May/June time. Mandy has to take the first 2 weeks in August as holiday because they shut the factory down, so we'll see about going somewhere on holiday then.

I guess that we'll see what else occurs to fill the gaps! 😂😂

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tango said:

We've got a week booked in the Massif Centrale at the end of January to do some snow shoeing and tobogganing, if there's any snow there!  Friends coming over for a few days at the end of Feb. Got an appointment with the Urologist in mid-Feb to see about an operation. What I do after that depends a lot on the recovery time. Nephew's 30th birthday at the beginning of April, so we should be going to the UK for that for a few days. My boys are talking about coming here for a holiday May/June time. Mandy has to take the first 2 weeks in August as holiday because they shut the factory down, so we'll see about going somewhere on holiday then.

I guess that we'll see what else occurs to fill the gaps! 😂😂

Sounds good apart from the operation part, that sucks. Have you been given an estimated recovery time?

Oh an the shoeing, no feckin way, far too much like hard work 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sounds good apart from the operation part, that sucks. Have you been given an estimated recovery time?

Oh an the shoeing, no feckin way, far too much like hard work 😂

Recovery could be anything between 2 weeks and 6 weeks, apparently.  Hopefully it'll be closer to the 2 weeks! 😂😂

Snow shoeing sounds like fun! We're staying at a spa hotel, so we can recover in the pool if necessary! 😂😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

Recovery could be anything between 2 weeks and 6 weeks, apparently.  Hopefully it'll be closer to the 2 weeks! 😂😂

Snow shoeing sounds like fun! We're staying at a spa hotel, so we can recover in the pool if necessary! 😂😂

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the 2 weeks recovery for you and you can keep you fingers crossed for me that my new hearing aids work 😂

Fun? Umm 🤔 well if you don't have a fitness plan specifically aimed at snowshoeing you might wanna have a look at that.. burn burn burn 😁

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The will of the people Caroline!

FlieTr2WIAIWBCu.jpeg.6ab3222511e44e889f5fffddec4a04a3.jpeg

Not anymore Pete. The majority want another referendum, only 24% don't want another one.

You have to assume the rest favour another referendum cos they want back in 😆🤪  

Although currently the stats are only just in favour on going straight back in, some want to wait 2-4 years before a vote, some longer, the vast majority think the UK has not benefited and it has contributed to higher living costs, red tape and businesses going under. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm surprised you need surgery Bob cos you look super fit!

Exercise helps, Pete, but it can only do so much, mate! 😉😂😂

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not anymore Pete. The majority want another referendum, only 24% don't want another one.

You have to assume the rest favour another referendum cos they want back in 😆🤪  

Although currently the stats are only just in favour on going straight back in, some want to wait 2-4 years before a vote, some longer, the vast majority think the UK has not benefited and it has contributed to higher living costs, red tape and businesses going under. 

Moderator to isle 5 please, we got a member leaning towards politics 

• Haha 4