Mince pies

Buckster

Most supermarkets here have some British stuff in their foreign food aisles, but it's normally limited to extremely expensive jars of marmite and McVities biscuits! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

Most supermarkets here have some British stuff in their foreign food aisles, but it's normally limited to extremely expensive jars of marmite and McVities biscuits! 

Same here. The Brit supermarket about half an hour away has started delivering to Salobreña but they charge €12 to deliver which I thinks a bit steep. 

But good news the 100mls liquid security restrictions are going to be phased out over the next couple of years and you'll be able to take what liquids you like in your hand luggage. The end of decanting stuff into miniature bottles that don't hold enough will be over. Well for the flying out of Britain part at least. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skippy said:

Can’t beat the homemade ones, these are courtesy of the current wife 🤣………you can’t get too close to a naked flame with these bad boys 😜

6BB1DC46-7049-48A2-A28C-186973734A35.jpeg

Our mince pies are a bit light on the alcohol, but our Christmas cake is likely to need a flammable item sticker on it! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

I thought they would have minced meat on the inside, but turns out nothing inside those pies is minced? Is the whole food thing in the UK a joke on foreigners?

I still have vivid memories of the first bike trip I organised to the uk with 4 or 5 mates from here. We visited my parents, my mum cooked and we had hours of fun trying to explain "Toad in the Hole" ( Le  crapaud dans le trou) 😂 before moving on to cheesecake, which is neither cake mor cheese...🤣:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, MooN said:

I still have vivid memories of the first bike trip I organised to the uk with 4 or 5 mates from here. We visited my parents, my mum cooked and we had hours of fun trying to explain "Toad in the Hole" ( Le  crapaud dans le trou) 😂 before moving on to cheesecake, which is neither cake mor cheese...🤣:rofl:

Bet that was fun, did you succeed though or did they just stare back at you blankly with a shrug?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Bet that was fun, did you succeed though or did they just stare back at you blankly with a shrug?

They just called him a cunt.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Skippy said:

Can’t beat the homemade ones, these are courtesy of the current wife 🤣………you can’t get too close to a naked flame with these bad boys 😜

6BB1DC46-7049-48A2-A28C-186973734A35.jpeg

current wife ... you got another one in the pipe line ?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

a merry christmas to all on the forum 👌 and dont eat too many pies 🍻

All the best Lionel! Any fun and games, or Polls, or general frivolity going on in the other place?

Cos two years ago it was buzzing wasn't it @Six30?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

All the best Lionel! Any fun and games, or Polls, or general frivolity going on in the other place?

Cos two years ago it was buzzing wasn't it @Six30?

will the mods on here be drunk over Christmas … they might give you a warning via pm .

• Haha 3