Result!

Tango

30 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'll look forward to seeing it in a ride report that's not to a supermarket or is that too positive for this threadΒ :classic_laugh:

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

More deluded than positive πŸ˜‚

Ride reports are just pics of your bike next to things... my pics are just next to a supermarket or another car πŸ˜†

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ride reports are just pics of your bike next to things... my pics are just next to a supermarket or another car πŸ˜†

I think you'll be relinquishing your MOTY title this year.....what you say @Sir Fallsalot?

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

yes but what about the journey there and backΒ :classic_wink:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Sofia, I think you're going to have to tell us about the Fiat Barchetta I can see in the background.Β  Was it yours ?

Was??? Still is!!! Turned 20 this year, I have had almost from new. We have been together for that long!! Best car in the World!!Β 

Β 

image.png.ffa909fd375f6a9e173d8dbcc4a7f464.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I drank too much last night and I’ve hardly got a hangover, I’d say that a good result.Β 
might have another go tonight.πŸ˜„

If you don’t have a hangover it clearly wasn’t too much, it’s just drinking!

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Was??? Still is!!! Turned 20 this year, I have had almost from new. We have been together for that long!! Best car in the World!!Β 

Β 

You can’t have done many miles in it , they normally spend more time at the mechanics than on the Β roadΒ 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Six30 said:

You can’t have done many miles in it , they normally spend more time at the mechanics than on the Β roadΒ 

Not mine, its been very good. It has 140.000 kms

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Β 

That is one cool car , congratulationsΒ πŸ‘

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Β 

Well, you have excellent taste in bikes and cars! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Tango said:

Well, you have excellent taste in bikes and cars! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

There is yet another vehicle to show you... its been in my life since 2007, althought I hadn't seen it for 4 years and thought I never would, but the Gods of cars decided to give me a chance to get it again. As happy as I am to keep it, importing it to Portugal from Germany means I am, effectively, paying for it all over again... it will cost over 5000 euros to legalize it, which was exactly my half when in 2007 I bought it half ways with my ex husband...Β 

Anyway, I do indeed have too many toys, only short of an off road bike and a vibrator! The 1st I can't afford, the 2nd I don't need!!Β 

CW_Snow.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 03/12/2022 at 21:19, boboneleg said:

That is one cool car , congratulationsΒ πŸ‘

Yeh … @Sofiais one cool chick ,

bikes , cars  … if she knows her way round a kitchen and likes football …. she’s the ideal ladyΒ 

Β 

3F93B7AD-5F61-43A4-A3F7-8B8D8D705610.gif

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

Yeh … @Sofiais one cool chick ,

bikes , cars  … if she knows her way round a kitchen and likes rugby …. she’s the ideal ladyΒ 

Β 

3F93B7AD-5F61-43A4-A3F7-8B8D8D705610.gif

Now there's a woman for you

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chatting with my boys at the weekend and it looks like both of them have managed to get themselves new jobs. Hopefully they'll be able to afford to get themselves a place of their own, as it sounds like living at their mum's place is turning into a bit of an ordeal! Here's hoping.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Tango said:

Chatting with my boys at the weekend and it looks like both of them have managed to get themselves new jobs. Hopefully they'll be able to afford to get themselves a place of their own, as it sounds like living at their mum's place is turning into a bit of an ordeal! Here's hoping.

Thats great news. Congrats to both of them.Β 

My eldest who is home for Christmas announced it was just easier for him to live here and as the landlord had increased their rent by Β£100 unless he reduced it back down he'd be moving back end of June.

Love having my boys home but it's amazing how quickly you get used to not running around after everyone else... looking into buying a place in Bristol πŸ˜‚

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My eldest who is home for Christmas announced it was just easier for him to live here and as the landlord had increased their rent by Β£100 unless he reduced it back down he'd be moving back end of June.

Love having my boys home but it's amazing how quickly you get used to not running around after everyone else... looking into buying a place in Bristol πŸ˜‚

My boy has dropped out of uni because he struggling with it, bit pissed off myself with him but that's his choice. he doesn't want to come home, for some reason he loves Bristol says he feels like he's been released living there and is laying low in his dorm until the contract ends next September.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

One of my nieces is renting a place in Bristol with her boyfriend.Β  They had a hell of a job finding somewhere that would take them on, as her boyfriend works full time, but is technically self-employed! Costing them a small fortune for a pretty basic flat!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My boy has dropped out of uni because he struggling with it, bit pissed off myself with him but that's his choice. he doesn't want to come home, for some reason he loves Bristol says he feels like he's been released living there and is laying low in his dorm until the contract ends next September.

The big problem with uni is that the first year is fairly easy and it's all a big adventure,Β  then it ratchets up a bit in the second year and the third year can be pretty harsh, depending on the course. My youngest had a real hard time in year 3 and was close to throwing the towel in several times! He stuck it out because he said that he didn't want that debt with nothing to show for it, but it really ground him down.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tango said:

The big problem with uni is that the first year is fairly easy and it's all a big adventure,Β  then it ratchets up a bit in the second year and the third year can be pretty harsh, depending on the course. My youngest had a real hard time in year 3 and was close to throwing the towel in several times! He stuck it out because he said that he didn't want that debt with nothing to show for it, but it really ground him down.

The course he's doing is really difficult especially with his Dyslexia, he has been given additional help but he said it's not working so he's given it up. But i think he thought it was going to be one wild party or like an episode of the young ones, and didn't realise he would have to study 7 days a week to get anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1