Muffin, no mules were hurt!

Saul

13 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I recall my mate getting a car with heated seats years ago. He said his wife didn't like them because she said it felt like she had wet herself.

I agree. Soon gets switched off on road test.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I recall my mate getting a car with heated seats years ago. He said his wife didn't like them because she said it felt like she had wet herself.

My wife's car has heated seats she likes them but i find it gets uncomfortable pretty quick with them on. Only thing i like about them is their good for taking the chill off the leather seats on a frosty day.
As for a heated seat on a bike i cannot think of a time when i was riding along and thought, hmm my arse and ball sack could do with warming up its the hands and feet that get cold with me.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

hmm my arse and ball sack could do with warming up its the hands and feet that get cold with me.

When it's that cold I generally find that my ball sack retreats up to around my lungs :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I agree. Soon gets switched off on road test.

Who are all these people so familiar with wetting themselves it’s the first thing they think of? 😂

I think seat heaters are marvellous. Next car I’m going for a heated steering wheel too. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Who are all these people so familiar with wetting themselves it’s the first thing they think of? 😂

I think seat heaters are marvellous. Next car I’m going for a heated steering wheel too. 

I don't want to change my car yet as I've only had it 14 years so it's not old enough yet, but when I do, I want one with a heated front windscreen. The only time I usually seem to use the thing is on really cold frosty or icy mornings and I don't just hate scraping and defrosting the windscreen before I can leave home, I doubly hate having to stop 100 yards down the road to do it again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I don't want to change my car yet as I've only had it 14 years so it's not old enough yet, but when I do, I want one with a heated front windscreen. The only time I usually seem to use the thing is on really cold frosty or icy mornings and I don't just hate scraping and defrosting the windscreen before I can leave home, I doubly hate having to stop 100 yards down the road to do it again.

Yep I'd like that. I'm gonna go for one with the app that allows you to preheat your car before you get in it.

I can't adequately defrost my car windscreen by hand, I can't reach the centre. On those occasions I consider running the car to defrost it necessary for safety so I leave it idling for a few minutes until the screens are cleared. On a private drive not a public highway before anyone mentions it's illegal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep I'd like that. I'm gonna go for one with the app that allows you to preheat your car before you get in it.

I can't adequately defrost my car windscreen by hand, I can't reach the centre. On those occasions I consider running the car to defrost it necessary for safety so I leave it idling for a few minutes until the screens are cleared. On a private drive not a public highway before anyone mentions it's illegal. 

If you buy an electric car you can do that. There's also pre heaters that have been available for decades but you need somewhere to plug them in always thought about fitting one but never got around to it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Our transit vans in work have that, will be standard on all vehicles soon i think.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just piss the seat then sit on you hands.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

If you buy an electric car you can do that. There's also pre heaters that have been available for decades but you need somewhere to plug them in always thought about fitting one but never got around to it

Thats the plan. Just sorting out solar power first 👍

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats the plan. Just sorting out solar power first 👍

You are going to get an electric car? You might want to rethink that with the amount of people having serious problems with them 

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

if you get an electric car your will be banished from here forever...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

As for a heated seat on a bike i cannot think of a time when i was riding along and thought, hmm my arse and ball sack could do with warming up its the hands and feet that get cold with me.

Like when you used to ride with no heated grips before trying them! 

I ride mostly in jeans so my ballsack and arse do get cold sometimes, so I'd love a heated seat and if BMW had them when I bought my bike I'd have specced them in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

following the Autumn Statement, EV owners will start paying Vehicle Excise Duty from April 2025.

If charged at the current rate of tax, this will cost EV owners £165 per year from the second year of car registration.

Many EV owners will also have to pay the expensive car supplement. This is currently set at £355 per year for cars with a list price of £40,000 or more in their second to sixth years of registration.

The combined £520 tax bill would "wipe out" the current difference in the running costs between EVs and petrol-fuelled cars, according to the experts. 

Dougie Payne Lol GIF by Travis

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Like when you used to ride with no heated grips before trying them! 

I ride mostly in jeans so my ballsack and arse do get cold sometimes, so I'd love a heated seat and if BMW had them when I bought my bike I'd have specced them in.

I have tried a heated seat on a motorbike it had me squirming around on the seat just too hot even with it turned down same effect with car seats for me.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have tried a heated seat on a motorbike it had me squirming around on the seat just too hot even with it turned down same effect with car seats for me.

You obviously have an excessive ball sack ..................

racoon-wiggle.gif.f51ab29fa4bc60c45b9270ee4a6ea20a.gif

• Haha 3