Muffin, no mules were hurt!

Saul

37 minutes ago, Saul said:

Well rode 52 miles to work this evening, RTC so was diverted which accounted for the extra 10 miles.  Those muffs have to go I found them very frustrating as it is difficult to use the switch gear on the bike.  The did keep my hands warm @ 3 degrees C so worked in that respect but I just don't like them.  They will be off when I get home tomorrow, I am going to buy some warmer gloves may even spring for some heated gloves, anything but muffs.  

You need to fine tune them to see if you can sort the issue remember your earlier post you seem to have to do things twice to get it right well this is the first time LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You need to fine tune them to see if you can sort the issue remember your earlier post you seem to have to do things twice to get it right well this is the first time LOL

Heated hand grips, it's the only way for an unobtrusive comfortable hands free zone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Heated hand grips, it's the only way for an unobtrusive hands free zone. 

I use both and don't have any problems. with the heated grips and muffs i get away with my enduro gloves almost all year around. never have to use the thick gloves. maybe that's why i don't have an issue with the controls

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I use both and don't have any problems. with the heated grips and muffs i get away with my enduro gloves almost all year around. never have to use the thick ones

Yer but you're a hot blooded male type.

I'm a diminutive cold blooded female. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Fair point I was a bit pissed off last night.  See how I get on riding home this morning.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Buckster said:

+1 heated grips and hand guards are a good alternative.

But what would the fraternity say about you having heated grips and hand guards on your fat bob?

They'd oust you from the club for being a sissy......

• Haha 4

Well been out and done some adjustments that hopefully will make it much easier to use the switch gear so see how I get on tonight going to work.  I haven't used heated grips much, although I did have them on my R100RS, but the fairing was so good I didn't need to use them that often.  I have resisted them as I thought they would be unnecessary fuss and wires but I may be forming a different opinion.  Anyway any recommendation on which brands to look at?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Well been out and done some adjustments that hopefully will make it much easier to use the switch gear so see how I get on tonight going to work.  I haven't used heated grips much, although I did have them on my R100RS, but the fairing was so good I didn't need to use them that often.  I have resisted them as I thought they would be unnecessary fuss and wires but I may be forming a different opinion.  Anyway any recommendation on which brands to look at?

Oxford heated grips are very good.  You want the intelligent ones though as they switch themselves off so no worry about finding a switched-live on the bike, you can just wire them direct to the battery.

They also come in different lengths of grip (adventure, sports etc) , so best to measure the length of your grips allowing for bar ends etc

These are good as they have more heat increments that the standard ones and the connectors are waterproof (standard ones are not waterproof)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-2017-HOTGRIPS-Advanced-SPORTS/dp/B01N8WYMKT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=R7KV7NUPUDSY&keywords=oxford+heated+grips&qid=1670003289&quartzVehicle=78-11276&replacementKeywords=heated+grips&sprefix=oxford+heated+grips+%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Oxford heated grips are very good.  You want the intelligent ones though as they switch themselves off so no worry about finding a switched-live on the bike, you can just wire them direct to the battery.

Sounds like a plan.  I will have a look and see what I can find.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Once you've got heated grips you'll think to yourself how did I ride all those years in winter without them.  I know me and @Sir Fallsalot used to suffer back in the day :classic_laugh:

Damn right Bob, always used to play the hard man card saying heated grips are for pussy's and shit like that what a fool i was :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Damn right Bob, always used to play the hard man card saying heated grips are for pussy's and shit like that what a fool i was :classic_laugh:

Same here mate, and then I was crying with the pain in a corner when no one was looking 🤪

• Haha 3

The first time i used heated grips was on the XR they were the type you stick to the handlebars and put the grips over them, only settings were high low and off. Me and a mate were heading over the Brecon beacons for a days riding both on XR's, it was dark and there was freezing fog, i could see my mate reaching back to warm his hand on the silencer just as i was turning the grips from high to low because they were a bit warm, when we got to sennybridge our clothing had ice on it and my mate couldn't feel his fingers they were so cold LOL. I found heated grips made the difference between staying out or going home

• Like 3

I am not a muff fan (ooer) but I do actually own some (a few pairs actually) and have used them when it is super cold weather. I have found that as previously stated, wrap around handguards are a must to stop your brake light coming on and to keep the inner part open for you to reach the controls. I always end up using a few zip ties at the opening to keep them exactly where I want them, keep switches clear and make putting my hands in an out easy. This means putting holes in them of course.

I usually only manage a few days before I get annoyed with them. My main gripe is that I sometimes have to pull my bike backwards whilst standing at the side which is hard to do with a bar muff on and my left hand on the grip and impossible if I need to turn the handlebars left as I go backwards.

• Like 4

It was 20 degrees when I set off to gather ingredients, by the time I’d finished faffing about it was dark and 14 degrees. The road back is 80kph and like Sir Fallsalot says the heated grips make the difference between feeling warm enough or not. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Once you've got heated grips you'll think to yourself how did I ride all those years in winter without them.  I know me and @Sir Fallsalot used to suffer back in the day :classic_laugh:

Wait until you try a bike with heated seat. BMW lent me a k1600 once, the bastards!

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Wait until you try a bike with heated seat. BMW lent me a k1600 once, the bastards!

I recall my mate getting a car with heated seats years ago. He said his wife didn't like them because she said it felt like she had wet herself.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, busabeast said:

But what would the fraternity say about you having heated grips and hand guards on your fat bob?

They'd oust you from the club for being a sissy......

I have a Street Glide you knobend, you are the one obsessed with fat Bob.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I have a Street Glide you knobend, you are the one obsessed with fat Bob.

So it's a street glide fat bob?

How does something with the weight of a supertanker glide?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I recall my mate getting a car with heated seats years ago. He said his wife didn't like them because she said it felt like she had wet herself.

I had heated seats in my Honda , they were also air-conditioned for the summer.  I miss that car sometimes 😑

• Like 2