BSA questions.

Saul

The first 6 mins is him whining he couldn’t get hold of anyone - their man in charge of communications/Facebook etc died motorcycle racing beginning October. 

Then a few minutes banging on about not liking their advertising blurb cos they use the word iconic.

Then he complains about it looking modern but last year at the show they had them side by side (the old and new goldstar) and you had to do a double take to do a spot the difference they were so similar (apart from that honking great radiator) but HELLO inexpensive bike that needs to be competitively priced and euro 5 compliant so…..

The comments about the finish are fair enough. Plastic wrap chrome mudguard just yuk 🤢

The scratched rev counter lens not sure about that, the other ones fine, some idiots used an abrasive cleaner, you can see the swipe marks. 

Then more whining about the staff not paying him enough attention (fine but that’s no reflection the bike) and then complaining there was no “press bike” for him to ride.

He was left feeling very suspicious based on what Norton did when Norton took shitloads of cash and didn’t deliver whereas I paid a deposit on a Goldstar of £250 and for that money I’m happy to take the risk. Plus it’s Mahindra not some dodgy dealer dipping into its employees pension pot. 

All in all it’s a lot of bagging a bike that’s not even out yet because he thinks he’s somebody special and they should paying him more attention. 

I agree with him about riding the bike before you buy it and the finish isn’t of the highest order (looked great to me but I wouldn’t expect it to be top notch at those prices). These two valid points took up less than 2 minutes of a 15 minute whinge. He has pub bore written all over him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

All in all it’s a lot of bagging a bike that’s not even out yet because he thinks he’s somebody special and they should paying him more attention. 

Typical youtube twat who thinks EVERYONE should listen to his opinion 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

and treat them like the star they think they are 😂

There are some good reviewers on youtube and then there are some wankers like him , or women who think it's obligatory to have their tits hanging out to make a comment about anything :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Someone posted one on here recently , she's always on there supposedly fixing bikes :classic_rolleyes:

That someone was me I thought is was funny as my friend caught her teenage son pulling his pud watching her.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Piss me off bike manufacturers, they make a one off bike of one of their models and show it off at a bike show … then don’t make more of em to sell , I wouldn’t buy a standard model but the one offs I would , saw the bsa in the flesh at the bike show I would be tempted .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

Piss me off bike manufacturers, they make a one off bike of one of their models and show it off at a bike show … then don’t make more of em to sell , I wouldn’t buy a standard model but the one offs I would , saw the bsa in the flesh at the bike show I would be tempted .

When they do that it always reminds me of that darts show Bullseye "look at what you cudda won" .. except you can't.

Could you live with a low bhp bike though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When they do that it always reminds me of that darts show Bullseye "look at what you cudda won" .. except you can't.

Could you live with a low bhp bike though?

I would have one , not as my only bike though 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Honda done it with the Africa Twin , I emailed Honda about it couple of years back , don’t think I got a reply 

93037A36-45CC-42B0-A192-059D0796972A.jpeg

Gay. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Honda done it with the Africa Twin , I emailed Honda about it couple of years back , don’t think I got a reply 

93037A36-45CC-42B0-A192-059D0796972A.jpeg

This is the bike i wanted when they first started selling the CRF1000 very disappointed it was only somebodies vision of what it could be 
image.png.6ad2676f4db8742b1f2d7ddf88ec1425.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This is the bike i wanted when they first started selling the CRF1000 very disappointed it was only somebodies vision of what it could be 
image.png.6ad2676f4db8742b1f2d7ddf88ec1425.png

Got to love the "look what you could have" carrot from manufacturers 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Kailash, Jagdish, Chandra, Malik, Anand were their names. 

Off you trot, have your little Britain moment 😂

I wouldn't buy British either!

Don't forget that I owned and rode a variety of Brit bikes from the 60's era: Norton, Triumph, BSA, RE, AJS, Matchless, Francis Barnett......I've even been on the back of an Ariel Square Four!

And without exception they were agricultural and unreliable.....which is why the Japs were able to kill them all off.

None of those names (with the possible exception of Triumph) are something to aspire to. Something to avoid more like.

I'm sure the modern Indian bikes are a lot better.....but it still doesn't get away from the fact that the name of the brand is the selling point! 

And those names weren't that fucking great in the first place.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I wouldn't buy British either!

Don't forget that I owned and rode a variety of Brit bikes from the 60's era: Norton, Triumph, BSA, RE, AJS, Matchless, Francis Barnett......I've even been on the back of an Ariel Square Four!

And without exception they were agricultural and unreliable.....which is why the Japs were able to kill them all off.

None of those names (with the possible exception of Triumph) are something to aspire to. Something to avoid more like.

I'm sure the modern Indian bikes are a lot better.....but it still doesn't get away from the fact that the name of the brand is the selling point! 

And those names weren't that fucking great in the first place.

I agree with you there nobody really wanted anything British when I was a youngster, with perhaps the exception of a Bonnie or a Commando.  Japs were faster and more reliable, but still made out of chocolate metal and in effect deteriorating dynamite especially in the hands of ham fisted youngsters.    Bikes in general are far better more reliable products now.    I think because my mindset is still back there, is why I like my Himalayan so much,  it is vastly superior to many of the bikes I had back then, slower than some of them but a much better made machine, with the exception of my aircooled BMWs.  But fuck me were they expensive back then, as now.    

I had a Bonnie in the early 1980s and it was a dog, probably worth a mint now as it was a Jubilee edition but mine had had several careless ham fisted owners before me and to be honest at 19 I had no clue either.  I loved the sound it made when it was running but was very envious of my mates CX500 Custom when was so much better in everyway that mattered back then.     But having said all of that I am still a sucker for these new retro rides and I would have an Interceptor or Gold Star in a heartbeat if I had a place in my wallet and headspace  for a garage queen that I could polish and love and maybe ride on a sunny day.  

• Like 3