Damerells November 2022

Saul

I went out for a 40 mile round trip to Damerells today to buy some waterproof and lined trousers for winter riding.   Be churlish not to take some bike photos while I was there.  I had a good look at a KTM 390, I couldn't live with the looks.  I did like to the look of a BMW F800GT, I could see myself on that.  Also interested to see a CF Moto 650GT, which did look rather well put together for a more budget bike.    Also had a look at a Sportster, which I thought looked as cool as hell, I would never ride one but I do appreciate the look of it.    Finally, I know to most of you I am a lost cause, but the bike I would have bought would have been the Ginger Interceptor.    I could see myself quite happy on that.  Simple, air cooled, looks and sounds good, plus plenty fast enough for an old codger like me.    No plans to change at all just window shopping.

I noticed that Damerells have turned over a lot of their stock from my last visit.   Lot of bikes in the showroom with sold tickets on too.    Pleased to see it really.   

IMG_8267.jpg

IMG_8268.jpg

IMG_8269.jpg

IMG_8271.jpg

IMG_8270.jpg

• Like 4

My misses test rode the 800gt and would have signed on the dotted if it was a bit cheaper. The cbf100 she ended up with was and she never looked back although her first one did have a couple of probs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

My misses test rode the 800gt and would have signed on the dotted if it was a bit cheaper. The cbf100 she ended up with was and she never looked back although her first one did have a couple of probs.

I am not in the market for a tourer now, my days of doing that are finished, been all over on my R100RS and K100RS in the past.  Loved it, but done it.    Still have a soft spot for Beamers though. 

Chap in town has a Blackbird, I appreciate that, no ambition to get one but do like it.  😎

• Like 3

I like that generation CBR600, the yellow one in the background. They’re such a good quality bike engine wise, and the proportions of them always make me think they’re not too big or too small, they’re just right!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I like that generation CBR600, the yellow one in the background. They’re such a good quality bike engine wise, and the proportions of them always make me think they’re not too big or too small, they’re just right!

It was spotless, had done 29000 miles for £2200.  Doesn't seem much, but 23 years old.  No idea what that sort of thing is worth.   Suppose condition is everything when you get to that sort of age.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

It was spotless, had done 29000 miles for £2200.  Doesn't seem much, but 23 years old.  No idea what that sort of thing is worth.   Suppose condition is everything when you get to that sort of age.  

29000 miles is nothing for that engine. 

• Like 2