Lanlivery and Bodmin

Saul

Just nipped out for a shortish Bimble today.  I wanted to refuel the bike but ended up getting distracted and went up to a small Village on the edge of Bodmin Moor called Lanlivery.  The on to Bodmin itself, had a look up the Beacon while I was there then down to Priory Park before heading home.  Bodmin is a former County Town, like the capital before it was moved to Truro.  Also a Garrison town as well, in the past. as home to the Duke of Cornwall Light Infantry.  I like Bodmin it is a great place with lots going on.  I have worked many hours at Bodmin Hospital so know it pretty well.  Lost of history with the DCLI museum, Bodmin and Wenford Steam railway and Bodmin Jail.  Also it was original the Home of Bodmin Asylum.  Down here calling someone 'Bodmin' is an insult meaning you have a screw loose.  🤪

IMG_8223.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_8226.jpg

IMG_8235.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, boboneleg said:

Nice photos @Saul  , why did they move the capital from Bodmin to Truro ?

Basically the Completion of Truro Cathedral, originally Lostwithiel was the capital before Bodmin.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Bodmin and Wenford Steam railway

You gotta get some photos of that sometime Saul!

Great report too......you're about the only one in this pitiful place that actually does something!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You gotta get some photos of that sometime Saul!

Great report too......you're about the only one in this pitiful place that actually does something!

He's still in the honeymoon period that will soon wear off :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oi! I plan. to ride very soon.. next week when I'm back in the sunshine 😆

Heading up this way?

Things have been quiet for the guy with the Grua since I sold the Beemer so I need to do my bit to help the local economy!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

And get @Skippy here as well.....he'll be OK with a Yamaha though!

Maybe. Depends the weather up in those mountains. I've only got heated grips you know 😂

I did find two polystyrene boxes a couple of days ago that'll fit perfectly in my bins so if it happens you can get pie'd right up 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1