Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Earache said:

I'm sitting on my fat ass in the hotel waiting in the rain to stop so I can go.

I don't mind riding in a bit of rain but hate to load up my bike and set out in it. And it's only 45F out as well.

Gay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Work as usual but only over Cwmbran way so no real distance involved and two plusses

1) it's indoors and we've been having some shit weather

2) It''s not a shit works, it's a clean water site so no need to watch where your treading or putting your tools down :classic_laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Work as usual but only over Cwmbran way so no real distance involved and two plusses

1) it's indoors and we've been having some shit weather

2) It''s not a shit works, it's a clean water site so no need to watch where your treading or putting your tools down :classic_laugh:

I’ve got a new project 

E0E0C445-E6FC-4588-9BF1-D3EB9FB6CA18.thumb.jpeg.7e6420b5d39947a71db33bcac060b234.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You qualify for the age but are you at level two yet LOL

Clearly not as I've just thrown it back in the box, I'll leave that for another day ...........

Fail Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 6

57 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Six uses stuff like that as bait.

i not got any meccano ....... Boboneleg Saville has.

• Haha 3

Get this for a long NHS waiting list- 

One of my sons has always had ants in his pants. Basically undiagnosed ADHD. This has never bothered any of us as he a very happy, positive, energy filled ball of life. However at uni working at a higher academic level the lack of concentration is effecting him as we suspected it would so went to the GP last May for a referral. 

So one year on I email to check where he is on the waiting list. Apparently they didn’t receive this referral until October and have said -

It’s approx 18 months to get ‘triaged’ then you go on another list for assessment which is 18-24 months after which if diagnosed you go on a ‘new patient’ list for which the wait is in excess of 5 years. 

So a total of 8 to 8 1/2 years. WTAF

• Sad 9

Been over our friends Steve and Julie's place......they're the ones with the exotic animals.

Hadn't seen them since we took the boys around to see the monkeys a year ago.......so they wanted the story on what happened with the Fat Munter.

You tell people some of the things she said and did and they just look at you in disbelief!

Anyway, their Rottie homed in on me as she always does......so I spent most of the time fussing her.

20230512_103722-min.jpg.7b0f00170b7419d2b1b2ef40b6cb0fc2.jpg

And then Steve brought his giant poisonous lizard out......no way was I going to fuss that fucking thing!

20230512_111831-min.jpg.e57efdf060076300e1f52d0023ec235c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Been over our friends Steve and Julie's place......they're the ones with the exotic animals.

Hadn't seen them since we took the boys around to see the monkeys a year ago.......so they wanted the story on what happened with the Fat Munter.

You tell people some of the things she said and did and they just look at you in disbelief!

Anyway, their Rottie homed in on me as she always does......so I spent most of the time fussing her.

20230512_103722-min.jpg.7b0f00170b7419d2b1b2ef40b6cb0fc2.jpg

And then Steve brought his giant poisonous lizard out......no way was I going to fuss that fucking thing!

20230512_111831-min.jpg.e57efdf060076300e1f52d0023ec235c.jpg

And what's so poisonous about it...

Finished work. Am outside washing the Goldstar as it was filthy and if perchance a pic happens tomorrow Pete will break out in a rash at the sight of it.. for more than one reason 😆

I’ve even opened a box of autoglym wax I bought 5 years ago and never used, probably a tiny desiccated disc in a tub by now 😁

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Finished work. Am outside washing the Goldstar as it was filthy and if perchance a pic happens tomorrow Pete will break out in a rash at the sight of it.. for more than one reason 😆

I’ve even opened a box of autoglym wax I bought 5 years ago and never used, probably a tiny desiccated disc in a tub by now 😁

You shouldn't have left it dirty!

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You shouldn't have left it dirty!

Yes mum 😄

Weren’t me anyway, honest.

It was due to have fancy heated grips fitted and I was away so Mr Slowly took it in.

It’s a short motorway ride away so it got plastered.

He offered to wash it but.. I’ve watched him wash cars and bikes and umm.. well lets just say I’m careful how I do it, all grit is removed, snow foam is used, there’s careful rinsing before any suds get near it etc etc

I thought “thanks for taking my bike in but now only wash it in this very precise order” might be pushing it a bit 😆

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Get this for a long NHS waiting list- 

One of my sons has always had ants in his pants. Basically undiagnosed ADHD. This has never bothered any of us as he a very happy, positive, energy filled ball of life. However at uni working at a higher academic level the lack of concentration is effecting him as we suspected it would so went to the GP last May for a referral. 

So one year on I email to check where he is on the waiting list. Apparently they didn’t receive this referral until October and have said -

It’s approx 18 months to get ‘triaged’ then you go on another list for assessment which is 18-24 months after which if diagnosed you go on a ‘new patient’ list for which the wait is in excess of 5 years. 

So a total of 8 to 8 1/2 years. WTAF

Going through something very similar with my 15 year old daughter.  Not real help on the horizon in any sort of acceptable timeframe.  Stuff is happening but it will be years before she gets the answers she is looking for.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

Going through something very similar with my 15 year old daughter.  Not real help on the horizon in any sort of acceptable timeframe.  Stuff is happening but it will be years before she gets the answers she is looking for.  

Yep it’s the same everywhere, not just in the UK either. 

So I looked at private. Surprisingly inspite of demand there’s hardly any private concerns either, we’d have to travel at least two hours, plus the ones that exist are already bunged up with desperate people.

One of them is in Truro though if that’s any help. 

Just re-mortgage your house before you ring 😑

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

38 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So I looked at private. Surprisingly inspite of demand there’s hardly any private concerns either, we’d have to travel at least two hours, plus the ones that exist are already bunged up with desperate people.

Because my daughter is adopted there is funding available from the original adoption agency once we have a exhausted all routes with local agencies.  
Currently doing a bullshit online zoom parenting  course as part of that process.     Plenty of scope for a rant but this is not the place.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey  Would you like details of the peeps that support Paolo.  They are in Bristol, I'm not sure whether that's useful or not ?

• Like 1