Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Seems to have the same error as the guy in the post i put up the other day

What error was that? Spec's bike is an older water-cooled version like mine isn't it?

They've got a couple of known mechanical flaws according to manufacturing date, but are pretty reliable overall.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sorry I’ve missed all this stuff.

So you got it all cleared up and there was stuff missing?! Does Paco know?

Yes......we were totally honest about everything.

We've given him the washing machine we bought for them as compensation for the missing items.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sorry I’ve missed all this stuff.

So you got it all cleared up and there was stuff missing?! Does Paco know?

Paco is plotting his revenge on the ginger gringo but Pete doesn’t realise.

There is going to be a mini series on Netflix.

• Haha 5

As a final summing up to the episode of Jeremy Kyle that we've been living in for the past year, I can report that a cloud over our life is now starting to lift.

There's no more worrying about running into that fucking munter in the town, and them wanting something.

So what did it all achieve?

We got them out of close proximity to a war zone and out of that fucking Slavic shithole.......thereby giving our son and the boys a future. He's now got a good job with an international company and they're all living in a thriving Western European capital city! Bit of a change from Death Camp Central and bad air quality from pollution.

She'll do everything possible to fuck it up so she can go back to her ghetto of course. But we've got no control over that, and if that's what happens then they have to accept the consequences. We won't be going through this again.

We paid a high price..........physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially! To the tune of about €6-7K.

But at least we'll never have to look back and wish we'd done more! And I can say the same about the kids from my first marriage as well.

Our conscience is clear!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

7000 euros? That is about £15.

No.....it's £6077.

Which is about what 20 examples of your bike would be worth.

• Haha 7

Still at my place, was planning to go north a couple of days ago but somehow couldn’t drag myself away.

Just came up to the hills for lunch at the usual spot, the ride here was just perfect, 30 or 40 minutes of perfect not slow not fast pace, with a dirtroad shortcut with a rocky uphill section, then the hill and onto the cafe. No pictures because I enjoyed not putting a foot down the whole way.

FA2EF02D-E535-41E0-84C2-D50C2641C8CE.thumb.jpeg.f28b123dcaf6fa5d83b03d4ff2ad8adc.jpeg

• Like 9

Portugal's very much a Honda country, today I've encountered:

2 Honda Africa Twins

1 Honda NTV650

1 Honda CBF600

1 Honda adventure scooter

1 Honda NC750

1 Yamaha Super Tenere 750

1 Harley Davidson

1 Kawasaki cruiser

1 BMW R1200GS, not mine

• Like 4

I had my first day on a new site yesterday, had to have a poxy induction that dragged on for ages as the site is inside a building site. The induction was followed by some facial recognition thing that means you have to bend over and stare at a screen, then slowly nod up and down whilst everyone laughs at you, then you have to start shaking your head with the same result. This means that you can get through the site turnstiles by gurning at the screen until it recognises you.

Anyway, lovely warm dry day, t-shirt weather, then I had to get across the borough during evening rush hour, filtering around the cars, wankers on foot and wankers on bicycles who appear at every possible location at the wrong time. The sky was very very dark in the direction of home. Once on the motorway the rain started. The motorway was flooding with yours truly splashing through it all. Someone stuck a picture up of the motorway I was on, so you can see what I was riding through (all three lanes were in use on my bit, the bow wave from the cars was going over my head at one point.

image.png.e9258d1440c65d97e354b47921bd7d5f.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I had my first day on a new site yesterday, had to have a poxy induction that dragged on for ages as the site is inside a building site. The induction was followed by some facial recognition thing that means you have to bend over and stare at a screen, then slowly nod up and down whilst everyone laughs at you, then you have to start shaking your head with the same result. This means that you can get through the site turnstiles by gurning at the screen until it recognises you.

Anyway, lovely warm dry day, t-shirt weather, then I had to get across the borough during evening rush hour, filtering around the cars, wankers on foot and wankers on bicycles who appear at every possible location at the wrong time. The sky was very very dark in the direction of home. Once on the motorway the rain started. The motorway was flooding with yours truly splashing through it all. Someone stuck a picture up of the motorway I was on, so you can see what I was riding through (all three lanes were in use on my bit, the bow wave from the cars was going over my head at one point.

How far did you ride in that Yen?

50 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

That's nothing ....

Here it's quite windy 

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Pedro said:

What error was that? Spec's bike is an older water-cooled version like mine isn't it?

They've got a couple of known mechanical flaws according to manufacturing date, but are pretty reliable overall.

Would only rev to 3k and it felt and sounded like on one cylinder. Much clutch slipping and first gear for the quarter mile home . Engine seemed very hot but fluids ok.

Tried it again next day and had the second warning.

When the recovery rocked up It was ok briefly before the first warning came up again and it wouldn’t rev, but I’d managed to ride it up onto the back of the truck by then.

Good thing that I wasn’t in the middle of the Sahara. I bailed in Spain because of the heat! My mate and his son were in Atar, Mauritania last night.

I’ll eventually get round to getting a ride (failed) report done! 😄 

IMG_0622.thumb.jpeg.02796496d9eec4ad111d2d573954306e.jpeg

IMG_0627.thumb.jpeg.7f61a5d31d63cb6ae29ae740b1215a2e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Specs said:

Would only rev to 3k and it felt and sounded like on one cylinder. Much clutch slipping and first gear for the quarter mile home . Engine seemed very hot but fluids ok.

Tried it again next day and had the second warning.

When the recovery rocked up It was ok briefly before the first warning came up again and it wouldn’t rev, but I’d managed to ride it up onto the back of the truck by then.

Good thing that I wasn’t in the middle of the Sahara. I bailed in Spain because of the heat! My mate and his son were in Atar, Mauritania last night.

I’ll eventually get round to getting a ride (failed) report done! 😄 

IMG_0622.thumb.jpeg.02796496d9eec4ad111d2d573954306e.jpeg

IMG_0627.thumb.jpeg.7f61a5d31d63cb6ae29ae740b1215a2e.jpeg

Yes, Mauritania with any engine management fault is probably a real adventure. Good to know you made it home.

Curious as to what is wrong with it.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Curious as to what is wrong with it.

Me to. It's often the case that these warnings pop up for the smallest reason but it'll knock you into (safe mode) get you home anyway.
Bit more involved if it's down a cylinder. Might be something as little as a misfire but you'll get safe mode to protect the cat in the exhaust.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Me to. It's often the case that these warnings pop up for the smallest reason but it'll knock you into (safe mode) get you home anyway.
Bit more involved if it's down a cylinder. Might be something as little as a misfire but you'll get safe mode to protect the cat in the exhaust.

Would be fine if they provided an override option if the vehicles not actually unsafe.

Before you tapped override you would have to read a list of potential faults and the complications. They could even give advice on speed, temp, revs, distance or whatever that is ok cos it’s not always realistic to sit in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Thank fuck that’s over. A year of frustration and expense for about 100 klms of fun. 😱

0a84299e-078f-4693-866c-33eff034fb76.jpeg

7d0e1c5c-e2a1-440a-85bb-40cd56fd95b8.jpeg

You did make a pretty bright seat cover, though.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

How far did you ride in that Yen?

About 15 miles of motorway in total. Then the rain stopped and the roads were all dry again. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Thank fuck that’s over. A year of frustration and expense for about 100 klms of fun. 😱

0a84299e-078f-4693-866c-33eff034fb76.jpeg

7d0e1c5c-e2a1-440a-85bb-40cd56fd95b8.jpeg

Another poor fucker stitched up by a Cockney!

Will people never learn?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I would have got off the motorway 😮

The alternative roads to either side of that stretch of motorway can get even floodier though. Bike gear did well, not a drop in my boots, a little bit of damp at the very bottom of my t-shirt, otherwise my slim but perfectly formed bod was bone dry.

Oxford Mondial jacket and trousers, Forma boots (super light and comfy to walk in too) https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/354697

• Like 2
  • Haha 1