Your Day Today!

XTreme

13 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@XTremeย do Spanish supermarkets sell cough sweets/sore throat lozenges and if they do what are they called?

Our supermarket do those Ricola herbal sweets at the checkout. There's a menthol variety for coughs, so you may find those there too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

Our supermarket do those Ricola herbal sweets at the checkout. There's a menthol variety for coughs, so you may find those there too.

How you feeling Bob?

1 hour ago, Tango said:

How are you doing? How's the hernia?

Still there Bob......just discomfort and pulling when I walk or stand up.

Thankfully I've always tried to keep those activities to a minimum.ย 

Eva Reaction GIF by funk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Eva Reaction GIF by funk

So where exactly is the hernia?

And no im not trolling.....this time

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

ย 

That's exactly why you've got a hernia now

Dance Party GIF by Minions

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Still there Bob......just discomfort and pulling when I wank or stand up.

Thankfully I've always tried to keep one of those activities to a minimum.ย 

Eva Reaction GIF by funk

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Groin area.....right hand side.

My ex father in law had a double hernia and had the mesh treatments, worked a treat for him. They would only do one side at a time, so he had to go in twice.

I recall ringing him on his mobile when he was working and was still waiting for a date for the first operation. He sounded a bit breathless and it turned out I had rung him when he was half way up some stairs dragging a cast iron bath tub up them. Tough bugger he is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

This thread has confirmed I am on the right place amongst you old fellas, I actually managed to have a fall yesterday according to my bloody nagging Apple Watch.ย  ย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃย  ย  ย I went to a funeral of an old mate down at Golant, the wake was in the pub, only had a coke.ย  Anyway when I had to go I went out through the front patio garden area and down some slate steps, I slipped and never touched the last four.ย  ย ย ๐Ÿ˜ย  ย Stiff as fuck today with my left arm and hand turning some interesting colours, but it was ok nobody saw as I haven't had any mocking texts yet.ย  ย  I had to stop the Apple Watch dialling 999 and confirm that I had a fall and I was ok.ย ย ๐Ÿฅบ.ย 

Of course my loving family laughed when I told them.ย ย ๐Ÿคจ

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

My ex father in law had a double hernia and had the mesh treatments, worked a treat for him.

Did he have keyhole or open?

18 minutes ago, Saul said:

This thread has confirmed I am on the right place amongst you old fellas, I actually managed to have a fall yesterday according to my bloody nagging Apple Watch.ย  ย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃย  ย  ย I went to a funeral of an old mate down at Golant, the wake was in the pub, only had a coke.ย  Anyway when I had to go I went out through the front patio garden area and down some slate steps, I slipped and never touched the last four.ย  ย ย ๐Ÿ˜ย  ย Stiff as fuck today with my left arm and hand turning some interesting colours, but it was ok nobody saw as I haven't had any mocking texts yet.ย  ย  I had to stop the Apple Watch dialling 999 and confirm that I had a fall and I was ok.ย ย ๐Ÿฅบ.ย 

Of course my loving family laughed when I told them.ย ย ๐Ÿคจ

Do you need a zimmer frame?

Pete can help if you do, he has a few spareย 

• Haha 5

They said it was finishing end of March last year then they changed it to not accepting new applications. Then they said it was finishing end of September but end of September at the last minute they said they had decided to extend it to some unknown date so when they recently announced it would finish 21st March I didnโ€™t believe them.ย 

Tbh itโ€™s pissed me off. The door closing on that part of my life was a happy one and for a while they relentlessly kept on about rejoining the permanent register.

So itโ€™s celebration time at last. Whoop whoop.

753FBD11-F8F9-4B41-A8C3-C80B742063FA.thumb.jpeg.6b9aa1da3fdc0bed98a4e4cb212f13f0.jpeg

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

They said it was finishing end of March last year then they changed it to not accepting new applications. Then they said it was finishing end of September but end of September at the last minute they said they had decided to extend it to some unknown date so when they recently announced it would finish 21st March I didnโ€™t believe them.ย 

Tbh itโ€™s pissed me off. The door closing on that part of my life was a happy one and for a while they relentlessly kept on about rejoining the permanent register.

753FBD11-F8F9-4B41-A8C3-C80B742063FA.thumb.jpeg.6b9aa1da3fdc0bed98a4e4cb212f13f0.jpeg

Does that mean we no longer have a forum nurse thenย 

Sad Hunks GIF by giphystudios2021

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So does that mean you have to do it for real nowย :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2