Your Day Today!

XTreme

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@XTreme do Spanish supermarkets sell cough sweets/sore throat lozenges and if they do what are they called?

I’d be cautious of asking some greasy spic for something for your throat though.

• Haha 3

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

In a supermarket? ie not a chemist where everything even vaguely medical seems to get banished to. 

Supermarkets normally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Yes, but only if you are not stopped and cautioned.

I read it's from the date posted so if it turned up late due to a post strike and the date posted was within the two weeks you still get done 
You reminded me i haven't heard from the one i was expecting from November last year i think it's safe to say i'm in the clear now LOL but cant see how i was doing 52 in a 40 they must have been packing up for the day 

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You haven't given him some goddam awful POS bike have you?

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Let’s see if he posts a BSA picture for BOTM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I read it's from the date posted so if it turned up late due to a post strike and the date posted was within the two weeks you still get done 
You reminded me i haven't heard from the one i was expecting from November last year i think it's safe to say i'm in the clear now LOL but cant see how i was doing 52 in a 40 they must have been packing up for the day 

That's it, cheer me up!

My best one was when I was on 10 points and got pulled for 36 in a 30, this would be about 1985. I was due a 6 month ban under the totting rules. Paid my fine sent my licence off. Three months later I got what I thought was a fancy receipt. Turned out it was a Bank of England cheque. It was my fine returned. My licence came back a few weeks after that with a letter saying they'd cocked up and would not be proceeding. I didn't get any more point after that till 2015.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

That's it, cheer me up!

My best one was when I was on 10 points and got pulled for 36 in a 30, this would be about 1985. I was due a 6 month ban under the totting rules. Paid my fine sent my licence off. Three months later I got what I thought was a fancy receipt. Turned out it was a Bank of England cheque. It was my fine returned. My licence came back a few weeks after that with a letter saying they'd cocked up and would not be proceeding. I didn't get any more point after that till 2015.

Don't listen, it's two weeks from the date of the offence.

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer so bar someone nicking your post it still has to arrive within 14 days of the offence. 

Did you not read it ? it says 
 if it was posted in time for a normal service to get the letter to you, a four-day strike won’t sway the courts.
Which i interpret as if there's a post strike and it was posted in enough time to get to you when there's no post strike then you still get done, which was appropriate at the time i thought i was getting a speeding fine as the postal service was on strike  so i was crapping my pants for a while after the 14 days and then forgot about it until now :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Did you not read it ? it says 
 if it was posted in time for a normal service to get the letter to you, a four-day strike won’t sway the courts.
Which i interpret as if there's a post strike and it was posted in enough time to get to you when there's no post strike then you still get done, which was appropriate at the time i thought i was getting a speeding fine as the postal service was on strike  so i was crapping my pants for a while after the 14 days and then forgot about it until now :classic_laugh:

Yer I was applying to Yen, there's no postal strike at tho mo and he's not pretending he didn't get it so bar someone nicking his post it's two weeks. 

But yes I get your point. I had exactly the same thing and kept trying to figure out exactly how much time the strike would add to a letter before I was off the hook. 

• Haha 1