Your Day Today!

XTreme

42 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Probably right , or he  thinks I’ll turn his town into niagra falls 

Or if we met THE FPM he's worried that we would turn her in to fish food 

the simpsons animation GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Couple hour flight and few hundred with bike hire and digs, I reckon for a 4 day trip £600-700 all in

i was adding another 300er on top of that or are the midget bummers free ?

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If you're aware of all that and still want to come.....then go ahead! But do make sure you have Health Insurance because you no longer have European Health coverage!

My EHIC card lasts until June 24. Of course I'd be a fool to rely on that only so I always have travel insurance as well when I go abroad.

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Are they still valid now?

According to the .gov website they are valid till their end date and then you have to get a new type of card called GHIC. Blurb below

You can use a UK GHIC or existing EHIC while visiting:

an EU country

Switzerland (only UK nationals, Swiss nationals and EU citizens)

A UK GHIC may become valid in more countries in the future. Check this page before you travel.

You can only use a UK GHIC in Switzerland if you're a UK national, a Swiss national, a citizen of an EU Member State, a refugee, a stateless person, or a family member, dependant or survivor of someone who holds one of these nationalities or statuses.

You may be asked for proof of your nationality or your status when using your UK GHIC in Switzerland.

You can use a new UK EHIC (identifiable by a Union flag hologram in the top-right corner) while visiting:

an EU country

Norway

Iceland

Liechtenstein

Switzerland

The EU countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

Who can apply for a UK GHIC

You may be eligible for a UK GHIC if you meet 1 of the following criteria:

you're legally living in the UK and you do not have healthcare cover provided by an EU country or Switzerland

you're living in the EU or Switzerland with a registered S1, E121, E106 or E109 form issued by the UK

you're living in the EU or Switzerland with an A1 document which is issued by the UK

you're a family member or dependant of an entitled individual already listed

• Like 3

On 17/03/2023 at 16:41, XTreme said:

Waiting for news on how @Tango is today?

Well, I'm still alive! 😂😂😂

The hospital WiFi is crap, so I can only really use my tablet by tethering it to the 4G on my phone, but my phone has been red hot with my family! 😂😂

The operation went well and I had the the catheter removed at 5am this morning! So, if I can pee ok today they'll boot me out tomorrow! Can't wait! 😂😂😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Tango said:

The hospital WiFi is crap, so I can only really use my tablet by tethering it to the 4G on my phone, but my phone has been red hot with my family! 😂😂

The operation went well and I had the the catheter removed at 5am this morning! So, if I can pee ok today they'll boot me out tomorrow! Can't wait! 😂😂😂

Good to hear your ok 👍
not liking the sound of the catheter removal though

jim carrey harry GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

Great news Bob.....take it easy there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Good to here your ok 👍
not liking the sound of the catheter removal though

jim carrey harry GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

Yeah, it smarted a bit! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Great news Bob.....take it easy there!

Cheers Pete, I'm not going to be doing anything too strenuous for a while, that's for sure! 😂😂😂

• Like 5

I've got to say that the hospital has been really good, apart from being very late going down to theatre on Friday afternoon! Some of the conversations have been like an episode of Give Us A Clue, but got there in the end!

Even the doctor has a sense of humour. Inspecting the pee pot this morning: "ah, nice colour. Like a fine Rosé de Provence!"

Not a bad view from my room either.

IMG_20230316_175505.thumb.jpg.71c01eb3b6d16849229ddc2c1eb9b114.jpg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

I've got to say that the hospital has been really good, apart from being very late going down to theatre on Friday afternoon! Some of the conversations have been like an episode of Give Us A Clue, but got there in the end!

Even the doctor has a sense of humour. Inspecting the pee pot this morning: "ah, nice colour. Like a fine Rosé de Provence!"

Not a bad view from my room either.

IMG_20230316_175505.thumb.jpg.71c01eb3b6d16849229ddc2c1eb9b114.jpg

Nice way of fitting solar it's unobtrusive unlike the wind turbines that keep springing up here

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Nice way of fitting solar it's unobtrusive unlike the wind turbines that keep springing up here

Shade for the staff's cars during the hot summer and produces 40% of the hospitals power.........and staff nor visitors have to pay for parking!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Tango said:

Cheers Pete, I'm not going to be doing anything too strenuous for a while, that's for sure! 😂😂😂

If you need advice on not doing anything too strenuous.....just ask me Bob!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Great news mate glad to hear you're om the mend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tango said:

The operation went well and I had the the catheter removed at 5am this morning! 

Ahhhh, the old un, deux, trois routine, but actually pulling on deux? I hope you kept your bum on the bed in front of Johnny Foreigner!

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, busabeast said:

Yeah me and six got to setting the wheels in motion and pete kyboshed it, something about midgets in Holland and some deep heat.....

Proper deviant shit by sounds of it 

Just unpacking my case @busabeast , suncream and thong back in the cupboard , after being let down .

• Haha 6

Well so far I have walked the dog, washed all the salt and crap off my Bike from yesterday and practiced stuff for choir, probably pisssing off the neighbours. 

Everybody's out so me and the dog are going to have a nap 💤

All the Best Tango I am glad you are on the mend.  

• Like 5