Your Day Today!

XTreme

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’ve noticed a mahoosive price hike on the food front out here. 

And noticed Spanish peoples love for growing both plants and fruit n veg. 
Rather lovely I think. 

Is Portugal the same @Pedro?

There's been massive price increases in food here as well. I don't honestly keep in touch with it but it feels like a bag of vegetables and fruit now costs proper paper money while before it used to be silly metal money cheap.

I have never thought of we being different to northern countries regarding growing food, but I guess you're right. Must be the different climate as I think Italy is the same, some traditional dishes are very vegetable based not to be vegan or out of saving the planet but because that's how they are supposed to be, tasty and cheap with just a hint of meat derived something to give it seasoning, that's way more sustainable than going fully vegan with silly things like almond milk and plant based "chorizo", and also better than eating a t-bone every day.

It got away from me, in reply, yes we are very similar and some specific vegetables are treated as small treasures and very valued, a simple cabbage from the north of Portugal that tastes like nothing you can grow in the south, or the artichokes from Murcia in Spain that are canned in olive oil and sold for the same money as tuna. We still very much are a people of farmers that way, I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

There's been massive price increases in food here as well. I don't honestly keep in touch with it but it feels like a bag of vegetables and fruit now costs proper paper money while before it used to be silly metal money cheap.

I have never thought of we being different to northern countries regarding growing food, but I guess you're right. Must be the different climate as I think Italy is the same, some traditional dishes are very vegetable based not to be vegan or out of saving the planet but because that's how they are supposed to be, tasty and cheap with just a hint of meat derived something to give it seasoning, that's way more sustainable than going fully vegan with silly things like almond milk and plant based "chorizo", and also better than eating a t-bone every day.

It got away from me, in reply, yes we are very similar and some specific vegetables are treated as small treasures and very valued, a simple cabbage from the north of Portugal that tastes like nothing you can grow in the south, or the artichokes from Murcia in Spain that are canned in olive oil and sold for the same money as tuna. We still very much are a people of farmers that way, I suppose.

I dunno Pedro. It’s certainly a contentious issue, people seem to get very hot under the collar about vegan/vegetarian food, the climate change deniers are very loud and usually it seems rather poorly read. But most people have suffered a lecture from a vegan about their life choices and that can’t fail to get your back up.

Have you tried plant based Chorizo? It’s awful and that’s where I draw the line. I’m not eating anything than doesn’t taste good.

Dairy is responsible for a huge amount of overall greenhouse emissions, it’s also impossible to produce without causing an animal distress. I prefer the taste of oatmilk anyway.. but I do love good cheeses. 

I think what I’m getting from what you’ve written is it’s all about balance. Couldn’t agree more. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

Why would they need to shave them?

They go in via keyhole surgery in your inner thigh, and then apply gauze to the tear.

Nothing is done externally as it was years ago.

When they see the infamous rash they will change their mind and go in from your throat with longer pliers.

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Fingers crossed n all that @XTreme

I'm sure it'll all work out fine and dandy.

What sort of mesh they using?...

Let Me Out Jail GIF by Papa Roach

A252 reinforcing mesh. Good stuff as long as they wire brush the rust off first for human use.

image.png.205507a3c615831e14b40102bdd482a6.png

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

When they see the infamous rash they will change their mind and go in from your throat with longer pliers.

It's long gone you trolling twat!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

That’s brexit for you, you will be eating squirrels soon.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's long gone you trolling twat!

So they go in via the inner thigh for a herniated arsehole.... skippy really did a number on you this time eh pete

• Haha 3