Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Why are car prices going up there?

shortage of electrical chips , fire in a factory somewhere , that was a couple of years ago, so they cant build as many new cars , so people aren't part exchanging their used cars , so there is a shortage and pushed prices up,  i did manage to buy a couple today .

• Like 3

My day hasn't gone as planned, what i thought was going to be a few hours work replacing the condense pipe has turned into 6 hours so far and i'm still not done, looks like the condense water likes to consume more than copper I've had to replace half a dozen of the artificial slate tiles on the roof as well, all the ones that have had the condense water on just crumble to nothing in your hands. Having a bit of grub at the moment while the trace heating warms up so i'ts a bit easier to dress along the condense pipe

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

what i thought was going to be a few hours work replacing the condense pipe has turned into 6 hours so far

I've never been a big fan of condense pipes myself! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've never been a big fan of condense pipes myself! :classic_unsure:

No me now lol. All the new gas boilers are condensing boilers i thought it was just water dripping out of it didn't realise it was so corrosive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My day hasn't gone as planned, what i thought was going to be a few hours work replacing the condense pipe has turned into 6 hours so far and i'm still not done, looks like the condense water likes to consume more than copper I've had to replace half a dozen of the artificial slate tiles on the roof as well, all the ones that have had the condense water on just crumble to nothing in your hands. Having a bit of grub at the moment while the trace heating warms up so i'ts a bit easier to dress along the condense pipe

What is the purpose of the condense pipe Fred ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What is the purpose of the condense pipe Fred ?

As far as i'm aware the boiler recycles the hot exhaust gases it produces when heating the water so it uses less gas making it more efficient. when the gases cool they produce water that drains to the sewer, as i have found out it cannot be made of metal as the water is corrosive. On my house the only way i could run the pipe was across my kitchen roof into the guttering which then goes to the sewer but it is susceptible to freezing which mine had done so it was running over the roof tiles instead of through the pipe. fixing this is what highlighted the corroded pipe in the boiler cupboard god knows how long it has been leaking definitely months rather than weeks. Its only a drip so has taken a long time to show up in the house as we never go in the boiler cupboard unless there's a problem 

• Like 6

I've got to deal with this security advisory from the US server in Michigan:

⛔ High Kernel The system kernel is at version “3.10.0-1160.76.1.el7.x86_64”, but an update is available: 3.10.0-1160.83.1.el7.x86_64 Update the system (run “yum -y update” on the command line), and reboot the system.

⛔ High Processes Detected 1 service that is running outdated executables: httpd.service You must take one of the following actions to ensure the system is up-to-date: Restart the listed service using “systemctl restart httpd.service”; then click “Scan Again” to check non-service processes. Reboot the server.

Doesn't affect this place though.....it's on the UK server in London.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

⛔ High Kernel The system kernel is at version “3.10.0-1160.76.1.el7.x86_64”, but an update is available: 3.10.0-1160.83.1.el7.x86_64 Update the system (run “yum -y update” on the command line), and reboot the system.

⛔ High Processes Detected 1 service that is running outdated executables: httpd.service You must take one of the following actions to ensure the system is up-to-date: Restart the listed service using “systemctl restart httpd.service”; then click “Scan Again” to check non-service processes. Reboot the server.

Doesn't affect this place though.....it's on the UK server in London.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Do you need me to go unplug something and then plug it back in?

• Haha 5

Slept after work, watched Leicester vs Northampton with the Dear Boy.   We are now watching Exeter vs then Gloucester gotta get ready for work at 22:00.   Pretty good day in an unusually quiet house. 😉

• Like 4

Just got off the roof put the trace heating on earlier while i was having a sandwich but when i went out i had forgotten to plug in the extension lead so had to wait a bit before i could start

This is the pipe with the trace heating tied on loosely ready for taping up and all the slates with that white stain will need replacing now but i will wait for better weather to do that or until the water enters the kitchen whichever comes first LOL

!cid_DD588D62-6DCF-4B91-9905-AB44548ABCB4.thumb.jpg.ef4e3531f4c8946f6bc78ee03b522a30.jpg

This is it all taped up with aluminium foil tape just need to get some good insulation now i covered it with the old insulation for now

!cid_B010B5C6-C54C-4BEE-BAC9-217BABACA90D.thumb.jpg.a5f232ba1196e5f22ce230314b0493f8.jpg

• Like 5

Kernel update and restart done!

Current Time: Saturday, 28-Jan-2023 14:03:26 EST
Restart Time: Saturday, 28-Jan-2023 14:02:05 EST
Parent Server Config. Generation: 1
Parent Server MPM Generation: 0
Server uptime: 1 minute 21 seconds
Server load: 1.16 0.61 0.23
Total accesses: 1177 - Total Traffic: 36.5 MB - Total Duration: 15002
CPU Usage: u.52 s.27 cu0 cs0 - .975% CPU load
14.5 requests/sec - 461.7 kB/second - 31.8 kB/request - 12.746 ms/request
1 requests currently being processed, 124 idle workers