Your Day Today!

XTreme

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

weird , i was just looking at that on a commercial property site.

They've been clients of mine for about 15 years......their main business is European Removals and Storage.

Now they want to rent out one of their units so they got me to put that small site together to give it some exposure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

They've been clients of mine for about 15 years......their main business is European Removals and Storage.

Now they want to rent out one of their units so they got me to put that small site together to give it some exposure.

everything for rent through agents is to expensive, you'd have business rates on top of the rent for that cause of its size.... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Earache said:

I keep a Glock in my truck for just such occasions. 

If it's in your truck and mountain lions come for you and your dog does it make a difference?

Here most guns are hunting shotguns, but here most predators are shy of humans. Wolves are smart and don't want a fight plus they're shy of humans, small cats wouldn't dare, and the most dangerous ones are wild boars. Against a wild boar a handgun won't do shit so it's of no issue, but they don't attack like a predator does either. I wouldn't like to go out the house to take the dog out for a pee if there's a strong change of a big cat posse being out for dinner.

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If it's in your truck and mountain lions come for you and your dog does it make a difference?

Here most guns are hunting shotguns, but here most predators are shy of humans. Wolves are smart and don't want a fight plus they're shy of humans, small cats wouldn't dare, and the most dangerous ones are wild boars. Against a wild boar a handgun won't do shit so it's of no issue, but they don't attack like a predator does either. I wouldn't like to go out the house to take the dog out for a pee if there's a strong change of a big cat posse being out for dinner.

I carry it into the house from the truck and back to the truck from the house.

We are allowed to conceal carry, without a license, in our homes and vehicles only. Taking it elsewhere it must be visible (on my hip in a holster, etc or in my hand) or I must have a concealed carry license...which I no longer have as I stupidly let it lapse.

Should just get off my lazy butt and get a new license but it's a pain to do so. Plus, I'd need a smaller pistol to carry concealed as mine is a full size to fit my big assed hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Is that a hippy or a homeless person?

I'm assuming homeless. The Police didn't move him on and he's not in the way where he is.

When I got a guided tour of a tunnel under a roundabout, (which is itself under a flyover and around a pedestrian underpass) during it's 6 monthly inspection we had to ask a homeless man to move his bedding temporarily so we could access the entrance plate. He moved back when we were finished. He said he liked it there as he was hidden from other people who might rob him and out of the rain because of the fly over. GSV link of the roundabout.

https://goo.gl/maps/QJqfeZkUNEaLj9xz6

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Earache said:

We are allowed to conceal carry, without a license, in our homes and vehicles only. Taking it elsewhere it must be visible (on my hip in a holster, etc or in my hand) or I must have a concealed carry license...which I no longer have as I stupidly let it lapse.

Surely you can take it inside a winter coat while walking your dog out close to home?

11 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

He moved back when we were finished. He said he liked it there as he was hidden from other people who might rob him and out of the rain because of the fly over.

Sad that people have to live like that with those considerations!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Just had a walk with Mandi and been thinking of said rd, think I'm gonna have the reed vales out and check they ain't stuck.

Do I remember rightly that if you didn’t thrash them once in a while the reeds could gum up ?

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Surely you can take it inside a winter coat while walking your dog out close to home?

Nope -  I mean you can, but if a cop finds you, you're in serious trouble. Dunno how he'd find me out here in the middle of nowhere though.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Do I remember rightly that if you didn’t thrash them once in a while the reeds could gum up ?

Could be. Any RDs we had back in the day were never off the throttle stop.:classic_laugh:
This has been stood up for a long time so hopefully after all the pissing about yesterday we'll have an easy fix. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Six30 said:

piss off with your mask... they dont stop anything

FFS.

Of course they do. If you were having surgery would you like your surgeon to be unmasked or masked? How do you think infection is spread? Or perhaps thinking might be a bit of a stretch for such a daft statement. 

For the terminally media influenced -

A virus has to catch a lift from one infected person to get to another. This is usually something that contains moisture as the wall of a virus is fragile and breaks down easily. This is in part why infections go up in the winter because they don't desiccate and expire so easily. 

The moisture used with colds/flu etc in humans is usually respiratory and usually a cough or sneeze. With a more resilient virus' like coronavirus it can in part survive on the tiny droplets exhaled in a normal breath, that is where we start to get into the territory of whats considered 'airborne' 

The virus has to successfully land on a site to get into the host (the person), this is hard for virus' to do as the mucous we are coated with is very good at simply washing everything down into the acid bowl that is your stomach. It's why your nose has hairs and snot up it. That is also why virus' have spikes on them.

So imagine an army where your chances of successfully hitting the bullseye with only a couple of weakly recruits are low, your chances of hitting that bullseye is significantly increased with multiple quality commandos. 

When you wear a mask you automatically block all the large droplets (the commandos) from coughs and sneezes leaving the smaller droplets (the weakly recruits) with less chance of surviving let alone hitting their target. 

I don't have my crayons with me but hopefully you can follow that. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

FFS.

Of course they do. If you were having surgery would you like your surgeon to be unmasked or masked? How do you think infection is spread? Or perhaps thinking might be a bit of a stretch for such a daft statement. 

For the terminally media influenced -

A virus has to catch a lift from one infected person to get to another. This is usually something that contains moisture as the wall of a virus is fragile and breaks down easily. This is in part why infections go up in the winter because they don't desiccate and expire so easily. 

The moisture used with colds/flu etc in humans is usually respiratory and usually a cough or sneeze. With a more resilient virus' like coronavirus it can in part survive on the tiny droplets exhaled in a normal breath, that is where we start to get into the territory of whats considered 'airborne' 

The virus has to successfully land on a site to get into the host (the person) this is hard for virus' to do as the mucous we are coated with is very good at simply washing everything down into the acid bowl that is your stomach. It's why your nose has hairs and snot up it. That is also why virus' have spikes on them.

So like an army where your chances of successfully hitting the bullseye are low with only a couple of weakly recruits your chances of hitting that bullseye is significantly increased with multiple quality commandos. 

When you wear a mask you automatically block all the large droplets (the commandos) from coughs and sneezes leaving the smaller droplets (the weakly recruits) with less chance of surviving let alone hitting their target. 

I don't have my crayons with me but hopefully you can follow that. 

Mask wanker 

3553CBBF-FD47-464C-B1EA-B57FB9D1FAE0.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Simple wanker

Youtube Wow GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Please stand on the yellow cross whilst wearing your face covering … you don’t want to take any chances 

5502B1D3-4EE6-4B52-AD9F-3F3537DBBF81.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Please stand on the yellow cross whilst wearing your face covering … you don’t want to take any chances 

5502B1D3-4EE6-4B52-AD9F-3F3537DBBF81.jpeg

is that where the helicopter lands  ?

Off down the village square for a soirée in a bit. I've got to run Mandy to Montpellier airport tomorrow lunchtime,  so I guess we'll have to take it a bit easy this evening! Famous last words! 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm sure you throw these words in just to troll me Bob!

forum book GIF

One of those words that has kinda crossed over the border, Pete! Soirée =evening in French or piss-up in English! In this instance both are true! 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Tango said:

Off down the village square for a soirée in a bit. I've got to run Mandy to Montpellier airport tomorrow lunchtime,  so I guess we'll have to take it a bit easy this evening! Famous last words! 😂😂😂

Hmm I decided to take "it a bit easy" last night. Today I can confirm whisky hangovers are up there with red wine hangovers. 

• Haha 1