Your Day Today!

XTreme

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I think that might be called tax evasion

Creative accounting is how I see it!

Or "Dinero Negro" as the Spanish see it.......it's actually a national sport here!

• Haha 2

Cold day in northern Portugal, but blue skies for the next couple of days.

Went on a nice walk with Costa and my little brother, went shopping for the typical celebratory meal today, the Kings are arriving to give baby Jesus his gifts so we eat codfish and cabbage. Proper northern Portugal cabbages are great, and I look forward to dinner. Also mum might be making a christmas dessert too. I think this is to make up for me not having been around since I left for Morocco.

Making a few work calls to get clients to spill on my competitors' prices, to get ready for a trip to spain on Monday and Tuesday to sort my shit out. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Creative accounting is how I see it!

Or "Dinero Negro" as the Spanish see it.......it's actually a national sport here!

Same in Italy mate, I have adopted those tactics.  I don't officially 'work '

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I've cleared all the work I had on......so for the first time since way before Xmas I can relax a bit.

Until the next onslaught starts!

And it's started! A different site on a new domain for an existing client.

But it's dead easy compared to the complicated ones I've been on since November!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Six30 said:

Jackie Stewart documentary is worth a watch .

Yeah it was good.

Just seeing how dangerous it was back in the 60s and 70s....makes the f1 of today out to be a walk in the park. 

Back then by looks of it unless a couple of drivers were killed it wasn't a good weekends racing

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Yeah it was good.

Just seeing how dangerous it was back in the 60s and 70s....makes the f1 of today out to be a walk in the park. 

Back then by looks of it unless a couple of drivers were killed it wasn't a good weekends racing

That was nothing compared to the carnage on the Continental Circus!

• Like 2

Had a cycle ride with the group this morning,  which took me up to lunchtime. Just finished taking the Christmas decorations down, so it's coffee and cake time and feet up for a bit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Cold day in northern Portugal, but blue skies for the next couple of days.

Went on a nice walk with Costa and my little brother, went shopping for the typical celebratory meal today, the Kings are arriving to give baby Jesus his gifts so we eat codfish and cabbage. Proper northern Portugal cabbages are great, and I look forward to dinner. Also mum might be making a christmas dessert too. I think this is to make up for me not having been around since I left for Morocco.

The tradition here on epiphany is to eat Galette de Rois, which is a pastry cake with frangipane filling. There's normally a small trinket hidden inside the cake and whoever gets the trinket in their slice of cake gets to wear the crown that normally comes with the cake. I'm going on a short walk on Monday afternoon, which ends at the village hall to eat some Galette de Rois.

Enjoy the day with your family,  @Pedro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tango said:

The tradition here on epiphany is to eat Galette de Rois, which is a pastry cake with frangipane filling. There's normally a small trinket hidden inside the cake and whoever gets the trinket in their slice of cake gets to wear the crown that normally comes with the cake. I'm going on a short walk on Monday afternoon, which ends at the village hall to eat some Galette de Rois.

Enjoy the day with your family,  @Pedro

Spooky, my son was telling me about that just now as that's what he learnt about in college today 👍

• Like 1

The Kings, I end up enjoying this more than Christmas, it's not a holiday anywhere in Portugal but if you're from a traditional family today you'll have a similar meal to Christmas except with less stupid amounts of cakes and sweets. Feels less like pressure and there's no gifts or whatever, so ends up feeling easier.

Mum at work, though:

IMG_9458.thumb.jpeg.3a9d35616861508cb98d7437d1f21305.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The Kings, I end up enjoying this more than Christmas, it's not a holiday anywhere in Portugal but if you're from a traditional family today you'll have a similar meal to Christmas except with less stupid amounts of cakes and sweets. Feels less like pressure and there's no gifts or whatever, so ends up feeling easier.

Mum at work, though:

IMG_9458.thumb.jpeg.3a9d35616861508cb98d7437d1f21305.jpeg

you got lady hands 

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Spooky, my son was telling me about that just now as that's what he learnt about in college today 👍

I knew nothing about it until I moved here! Interesting that your son was learning about it at college. 👍

57 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Three Kings procession through town tonight, and tomorrow is a national public holiday.

Any excuse for the lazy twats to bunk off work! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

I knew nothing about it until I moved here! Interesting that your son was learning about it at college. 👍

He's been doing French and Spanish for the past two years, they learn about the culture not just the language.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Avoiding work is a fulltime job for this lot.

And yet despite this world beating skill I have only ever had one single Spaniard working with us, the ideal place for a professional shirker. My boss welcomed him with the following words,

"This is Carlos, get him a cup of tea, show him how to log on and don't mention Gibralter, I'll leave you with these nice people Carlos mate, good luck."

When we had an Iraqi start work we got the same speech but with the word 'Scuds' instead of Gibralter.

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

My boss welcomed him with the following words,

"This is Carlos, just stop Yen Powell shitting all over him and taking him to the graveyard".

:classic_unsure:

12 minutes ago, busabeast said:

And let me guess...you're working?

Yeh......but I don't have that much to do.

But public holidays have no bearing on my business.......because the internet never stops!