Your Day Today!

XTreme

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I did a test a few days ago and it was negative, but the Chemist told me that the new variant can show up as negative.

I'd been told similar but talking to a couple of hospital employees, 1 being a nurse, they've been told nothing to confirm.

• Like 1

wife's boss ( pharmacist) does testing regularly at the pharmacy, cos the number of people needing testing is growing and there are no testing centres anymore, says that the autotests are not very reliable either way and can give false negatives and false positives simply because of the parameters of the test. With the best will in the world, most people doing home tests don't or can't respect all of the parameters exactly, the depth of specimen in the sinus + the transfer to the test + temperature and humidity conditions + sterile workspace + time critical results etc etc etc. The tests are designed to be as acurate as possible and as supple as possible with the base parameters but any parameter adjustment will reduce the accuracy of the test results a little, add them all together and add into the mix the inherent inaccuracy percentage and you have a load of false results. If you test a number of times with the same result it's probably ok, if not get a PCR to be sure. 

Then again, he sells the bloody things and gets paid for testing so how reliable is his opinion...? :thud:

• Like 5

My day today was good, not only did I manage to get out on the bike for a couple of hours, but whilst out I saw a couple of things that really made me smile.

The first was as I rode slowly through a very small village, I saw, almost out of the corner of my eye, a girl ( about 15 i'd guess) pusing a scooter out of her yard onto the street. It was obviously a very new scooter and she had a grin from ear to ear, which would clearly have been even bigger had her ears only been further apart.  My imagination decided that she'd got the scooter for Christmas and apart from a quick whizz round the yard, this was her first time out alone on it andd she was off to see her mates in the next village.  I remembered the first few miles on my first scooter and the joy at the sudden freedom and autonomy it brought at 16 years old.  That made me smile.

2nd thing was ridng through Auxerre, nearly home, light failing fast into dusk, that time of day they call "Entre Chien et Loup" ( between dog and wolf) here. I heard him before I saw him, that bane of the French towns and cities, the Breeeeeeeeeeet, Breeeeeet, breet, breeeeeeeeeeeet, of a home tuned baffle-less 50cc 2-stroke moped, mostly black and dressed in black he was not easy to see as he had no headlight on either. The speed limit along the quays in auxerre is 20kph and he undertook me doing about 50 I guess. I caught him up as we left the town limits and the speed indicated increased to 70kph, which he could just about manage though God knows what rpm he was pulling to do so  ( they're only legally allowed to do 50kph max,).

I saw he had a number plate, but no rear light on. I overtook him and pointed to the front of his bike and to my eyes to tell him to switch his lights on ( easy mistake to make under street lights when your headlight is only about 6watts. I slowed to give way ath the roundabout and he pulled up alongside me asking mw what I meant, but I had a closer look at his machine I just laughed and said " I was trying to tell you to switch your lights on, but I now see you don'e even have any..."

"Naah" he said " spoils the look, no lights no indicators, no mirrors"  and off he went "Breeeeeeeeeeet, breet,Breeeeeeeeeet..." in a cloud of 2 stroke fumes and into the rapidly falling night, up the road towards Chablis. 

That made me smile. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Our flying visit to the UK earlier last week actually went without a hitch! Well, apart from having to get out of bed at 03:30 on boxing day! But it was a bit hectic! But..........when did beer go over £5 a pint?! A pint of bitter in Cambridge was £5.35 and a bottle of Sharpe's Atlantic was £5.65 in the Premier Inn at Stansted!

Then we had friends from the village over for dinner yesterday evening,  which went pretty well, but they didn't leave until a bit after 2am. So, after tidying up and loading the dishwasher, we didn't get to bed until 3am! Consequently nothing much got done today!

Looking forward to a rest next week! 😂😂

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Tango said:

Our flying visit to the UK earlier last week actually went without a hitch! Well, apart from having to get out of bed at 03:30 on boxing day! But it was a bit hectic!

Was there much room to move around there......what with all that Sovereignty they've got?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Was there much room to move around there......what with all that Sovereignty they've got?

Things looked pretty grey and grubby, Pete! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tango said:

Our flying visit to the UK earlier last week actually went without a hitch! Well, apart from having to get out of bed at 03:30 on boxing day! But it was a bit hectic! But..........when did beer go over £5 a pint?! A pint of bitter in Cambridge was £5.35 and a bottle of Sharpe's Atlantic was £5.65 in the Premier Inn at Stansted!

Then we had friends from the village over for dinner yesterday evening,  which went pretty well, but they didn't leave until a bit after 2am. So, after tidying up and loading the dishwasher, we didn't get to bed until 3am! Consequently nothing much got done today!

Looking forward to a rest next week! 😂😂

5 quid a pint arrived around the stortford area around 3 or 4 years ago I think 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 20:48, XTreme said:

Had the boys this afternoon.......and now Fatty's lost her shit!

Apparently they went home all hyped up and are running amok there now.

All because they had some chocolate chip cookies and a few sweets.

Ryan Howard What GIF

“I suggest, your Honour, that the defendant Mr @XTreme, knew exactly what he was doing when he plied his grandchildren with foodstuffs containing very high amounts of e-numbers”………..you fucking legend 😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

“I suggest, your Honour, that the defendant Mr @XTreme, knew exactly what he was doing when he plied his grandchildren with foodstuffs containing very high amounts of e-numbers”………..you fucking legend 😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

I see you're well versed in legal proceedings Ray?

Stealing Mike D GIF by Beastie Boys

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A total lack of positive acknowledgment for the excellent photography and superb off road ride reports could do it 😂

Yeah, he's a photoshop pussy. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A total lack of positive acknowledgment for the excellent photography and superb off road ride reports could do it 😂

Why would anybody need positive acknowledgement from the twats on here?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 3