Your Day Today!

XTreme

14 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I had a 'catastrophic ignition failure' (my boss's words :classic_laugh:)  at work today on the donkey as I attempted to go home.  No lights, no ignition , nothing.  

I bought this bike off a mate of mine, when he went to buy it a year earlier the original owner had lost the keys so he had to hot wire it 😜  My mate then built in an ignition with a toggle switch built in, I have never been completely happy with it and today it failed.  He used block connectors to join the wiring and the constant movement of the wiring around the headstock had caused the terminals to break free from the connectors and hence the failure. 

We cut the connectors out and re-joined the wiring with solder seal connectors, these make a much neater job and are far less bulky.

IMG_3160.thumb.JPEG.1fe4e31d41623673d1079d2724ec2cc3.JPEG

I just sent my mate a message and he has got a bit bolshy saying that the connectors we've used are rubbish .  My boss and me are more than happy with the job, we've both used the solder seal connectors for various wiring jobs in the past and neither of us has had a failure .

Does anyone else use these , what are your experience's ?

I use them and I am a qualified electronics engineer so go figure.

• Like 2

Today I’m mostly packing a small bag for a few days in the UK…………fucking typical, looks like it’s going to be freezing. 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

Off tomorrow morning, back Tuesday morning. Plenty of time for a few hangovers 😳🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Today I’m mostly packing a small bag for a few days in the UK…………fucking typical, looks like it’s going to be freezing. 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

Off tomorrow morning, back Tuesday morning. Plenty of time for a few hangovers 😳🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Snow this weekend. 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2022 at 13:40, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks good Pete.

If I was being ultra picky I'd change some of it (running for cover). Some of it jangles slightly.

Starting a sentence with 'And' or 'But' is a trigger for some. I do it and don't care but every time I do I'm aware it annoys the grammar nazi's. I'd probably avoid starting a sentence with a conjunction.

Comma's before the and's are dodgy. While correct for some as they connect two independent clauses most people will have been taught to not use a comma before an 'and' but I suppose that's personal preference.

It is a tad over comma'd.

I'd cut down on the ellipses. They can be considered by the younger generation as passive aggressive (I know it's weird but they are) and are a way of spotting an old person online (along with excessive emoji use). I'm guilty of both of these things. 

I'd replace the 'I' and 'I'm' with 'we' because you use 'we' on the front page so it's more consistent. This also gives the impression of a bigger company. I won't use a web business that is only one person, if they get sick there's no-one to take over and your website (and therefore business) can be screwed.

A pet peeve of mine is when the scroll speed is too fast for you to read the content. Your lovely client feedback isn't readable by the average reader, it spins past before you can finish.

On a forum or other informal setting spelling, grammar and punctuation is largely irrelevant but on a businesses main website many people look at those things negatively. I'm afraid I do too. It's an indication they don't have a proof reader which is essential for a professional finish if you want your business to be able to play with the big boys.

These are things I mostly learned in a painful or expensive way. 

Anyway there's my tuppence worth. It's a lovely clean website that draws you but the grammar nazi's (and they exist in droves) would have difficulty with parts of it.

I would never use a business that didn't have a mobile compliant website. In this day and age it would be like dealing with the Clampets. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Just did my poo sample for bowel cancer screening, I just know that you all wanted to hear that :classic_laugh:

rhino-poop.gif.4b4e879e82585c99ebd7ff62ab87e21d.gif

Gonna need a bigger bucket if it's was anything like the pic

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Buckster said:

I would never use a business that didn't have a mobile compliant website. In this day and age it would be like dealing with the Clampets. 

There are feck loads of Clampetts in Somerset, you ought to come and see where I work and listen to some of the locals :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

Still working.....it's getting fucking mad now.

I've got 3 new sites on the go simultaneously, and 2 more have now come on.

I can see me working right through Xmas the way things are going.

Good God Omg GIF by Aaron Taos

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Still working.....it's getting fucking mad now.

I've got 3 new sites on the go simultaneously, and 2 more have now come on.

I can see me working right through Xmas the way things are going.

Good God Omg GIF by Aaron Taos

You're in charge Pete but you've got to have some down time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Just did my poo sample for bowel cancer screening, I just know that you all wanted to hear that :classic_laugh:

rhino-poop.gif.4b4e879e82585c99ebd7ff62ab87e21d.gif

You should have got a mate round and a cup out the cupboard , made an evening out of it .

• Haha 2

@XTreme can you confirm I’m looking at what I think I’m looking at? Is this saying it’s open from 9am - 10pm on the national holidays? I can’t quite believe it, everything here shutters up randomly let alone on holiday dates?!! Am I not seeing something?!!!

8479D14D-64D1-47CE-A96D-9AF992884A5B.thumb.jpeg.d7bf590d2393c5b3f638d1412c76f033.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You could always say no…

Shocked Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

No.....I spent too many years of my life struggling to make ends meet, and that mentality never leaves you.

Plus, these are all existing clients and they depend on me to get them where they need to be......and I always deliver!

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@XTreme can you confirm I’m looking at what I think I’m looking at? Is this saying it’s open from 9am - 10pm on the national holidays? I can’t quite believe it, everything here shutters up randomly let alone on holiday dates?!! Am I not seeing something?!!!

8479D14D-64D1-47CE-A96D-9AF992884A5B.thumb.jpeg.d7bf590d2393c5b3f638d1412c76f033.jpeg

9-10 they're open......but it's not clear if that includes Xmas Day or not.

But there's not the big shutdown over here as in Britain.

Just now, XTreme said:

No.....I spent too many years of my life struggling to make ends meet, and that mentality never leaves you.

Plus, these are all existing clients and they depend on me to get them where they need to be......and I always deliver!

I truly get it. Been stoney broke and wonder how the feck I’m going to manage to pay the bills many times when I was younger. 
Thing is Pete the more websites you do the more clients you have depending on you.
Carry on at this pace and youre gonna reach a point where just taking care of existing clients is going to be more than full time. Do you really need the headache? 😬

• Like 1