Your Day Today!

XTreme

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Over the last week or two in between the other sites I'm working on, I've been in the process of replacing my own site.

So Web Design Spain has now gone live!

So where did you nick those photos from cos that sure as hell ain't your 'studio'  

clockblockers-asleep.gif.59f3b070784923012d094876d38c7718.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Worked right through the day yesterday so I could get an hour or two today.......but woke up to find that it's now pissing down.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Same here (except the working), it's that fine stuff here that sticks to your visor :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Same here (except the working), it's that fine stuff here that sticks to your visor :classic_rolleyes:

You mean the fine stuff that gets you wet.....wetter than other rain

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, XTreme said:

Over the last week or two in between the other sites I'm working on, I've been in the process of replacing my own site.

So Web Design Spain has now gone live!

Looks good Pete.

If I was being ultra picky I'd change some of it (running for cover). Some of it jangles slightly.

Starting a sentence with 'And' or 'But' is a trigger for some. I do it and don't care but every time I do I'm aware it annoys the grammar nazi's. I'd probably avoid starting a sentence with a conjunction.

Comma's before the and's are dodgy. While correct for some as they connect two independent clauses most people will have been taught to not use a comma before an 'and' but I suppose that's personal preference.

It is a tad over comma'd.

I'd cut down on the ellipses. They can be considered by the younger generation as passive aggressive (I know it's weird but they are) and are a way of spotting an old person online (along with excessive emoji use). I'm guilty of both of these things. 

I'd replace the 'I' and 'I'm' with 'we' because you use 'we' on the front page so it's more consistent. This also gives the impression of a bigger company. I won't use a web business that is only one person, if they get sick there's no-one to take over and your website (and therefore business) can be screwed.

A pet peeve of mine is when the scroll speed is too fast for you to read the content. Your lovely client feedback isn't readable by the average reader, it spins past before you can finish.

On a forum or other informal setting spelling, grammar and punctuation is largely irrelevant but on a businesses main website many people look at those things negatively. I'm afraid I do too. It's an indication they don't have a proof reader which is essential for a professional finish if you want your business to be able to play with the big boys.

These are things I mostly learned in a painful or expensive way. 

Anyway there's my tuppence worth. It's a lovely clean website that draws you but the grammar nazi's (and they exist in droves) would have difficulty with parts of it.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks good Pete.

If I was being ultra picky I'd change some of it (running for cover). Some of it jangles slightly.

Starting a sentence with 'And' or 'But' is a trigger for some. I do it and don't care but every time I do I'm aware it annoys the grammar nazi's. I'd probably avoid starting a sentence with a conjunction.

Comma's before the and's are dodgy. While correct for some as they connect two independent clauses most people will have been taught to not use a comma before an 'and' but I suppose that's personal preference.

I'd cut down on the ellipses. They can be considered by the younger generation as passive aggressive (I know it's weird but they are) and are a way of spotting an old person online (along with excessive emoji use). I'm guilty of both of these things. 

I'd replace the 'I' and 'I'm' with 'we' because you use 'we' on the front page so it's more consistent. This also gives the impression of a bigger company. I won't use a web business that is only one person, if they get sick there's no-one to take over and your website (and therefore business) can be screwed.

A pet peeve of mine is when the scroll speed is too fast for you to read the content. Your lovely client feedback isn't readable by the average reader, it spins past before you can finish.

On a forum or other informal setting spelling, grammar and punctuation is largely irrelevant but on a businesses main website many people look at those things negatively. I'm afraid I do too. It's an indication they don't have a proof reader which is essential for a professional finish if you want your business to be able to play with the big boys.

Anyway there's my tuppence worth. It's a lovely clean website that draws you but the grammar nazi's (and they exist in droves) would have difficulty with parts of it.

Thanks Caroline!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks good Pete.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks good Pete.

Run for cover.......

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks good Pete.

High School Teacher GIF

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I just bought and air frie oven... Can't wait to try it... Road kill jerky on the menu... 

You lefty softy - 

"Is it ethical to eat roadkill?

Studies suggest the most environmentally friendly diet is a vegan one, but for those hell-bent on eating meat, roadkill could be a more ethically conscious alternative.

The animal rights campaign group Peta supports eating roadkill over eating meat prepared in slaughterhouses."

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You lefty softy - 

"Is it ethical to eat roadkill?

Studies suggest the most environmentally friendly diet is a vegan one, but for those hell-bent on eating meat, roadkill could be a more ethically conscious alternative.

The animal rights campaign group Peta supports eating roadkill over eating meat prepared in slaughterhouses."

687D4E08-85CB-4ECE-BDE5-561045402260.gif

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Doing a Yottam Ottolenghi masterclass

Doesn't he play for Argentina ??

Oooooooooooooops my mistake .............

th.jpeg.6b65dffd17c2ce8eacdeb9d85765bc3a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4