Your Day Today!

XTreme

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Back from Alicante!

Fat cunt didn't say a word as usual!

You should have offered her to walk when you got in the middle of nowhere or buck her ideas up and start being a human being

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@yen_powell What is the white glittery stuff in tarmac that makes some roads sparkle in the sunshine?

No idea, I assume it's down to whatever aggregate they are using. You can see quartzy type bits in granite kerbs when they are rough surfaced rather than sliced/polished and they do glitter in sunlight. Asphalt roads are just black sticky stuff holding stones together so probably the same reason.

Now if you'd asked me about road markings I could have used one of my favourite words, which is 'Ballotini'. Little glass balls mixed in with the road marking thermoplastic that catch headlight beams at night and reflect it back. When anyone is lining there is always a solidified ooze hanging off the back of the lorry by the boiling pots. I like to snap a piece off to see the little beads.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Definitely something like that. I'm guessing it's to make the road surface more resistant to the blistering heat in July and August?

It’s usually cullet (crushed glass that couldn’t be recycled) and it makes the road more wear resistant.

• Like 4

Lovely, so it dumps wet snow all day, it's building up on the trees, on everything.

Then the weather people are putting out snowfall and wind warnings.....seriously....😬

Fingers crossed that the power does not go out, could be a cold night. 🥶  We could be buried alive...lol

If you don't hear from me again, it's been fun....:wave:

IMG_3367.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4