Your Day Today!

XTreme

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Can I just remind members that there can be cultural differences between people of different nationalities.

For example I think that bullfighting is barbaric (lot of Spaniards do too) but I don't go round making comments about it.....I just accept that it's part of their culture.

So if we could refrain from making judgements or generalisations about other peoples' cultures, values etc.

We've also strayed a bit into Religion (which is another sensitive area) so that's something to be careful with.

Welsh Twat

• Haha 2

Also went in Juan Cortes to drop my handguards off.....they're going to fit them when they do the tyre.

There was a Brit there trying to explain that he wanted to matriculate his bike onto Spanish plates.....didn't speak a word of Spanish and they speak virtually no English.

As soon as I walked through the door Juan and Jonathan started shouting "Pehterr.....Pehterr.....Venga".

So yes.....I got stuck with having to do the translation and arrange the whole process!

fawlty towers dancing GIF

• Haha 5

Logs delivered, sorted and stacked. Not cold enough for a fire yet but always good to be ready. I don’t do cold anymore.

Admin duties completed, I set about fitting the satnav support onto the bike. No dramas but forgot to take a photo.

Hardly an exciting day but it was mine and that’s all I’ve gotta say about that. 😜

BEE859DB-644E-4A4C-92CA-E8147762B71E.jpeg

9E6618F8-3EFA-4320-9721-8DED3DD7FF5F.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Also went in Juan Cortes to drop my handguards off.....they're going to fit them when they do the tyre.

There was a Brit there trying to explain that he wanted to matriculate his bike onto Spanish plates.....didn't speak a word of Spanish and they speak virtually no English.

As soon as I walked through the door Juan and Jonathan started shouting "Pehterr.....Pehterr.....Venga".

So yes.....I got stuck with having to do the translation and arrange the whole process!

fawlty towers dancing GIF

There’s a market there for you!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yes but he doesn't deal with 'knuckle-dragging brits'  , DBM's are more his style 

dancing-midget.gif.55d396003e4565183d3f2c1386fa7081.gif

I meant exploitation of brits via third parties, not dealing with them

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tango said:

Yep, as the old adage goes: People promoted to their level of incompetence! Seen it many, many times!

The worrying thing is that my eldest works in a pharmacy. The company are looking to cut staff numbers across many stores, but my son says that they already struggle to keep up with issuing prescriptions and administering the flu jabs. The other pharmacies in that area are all in the same boat, or are simply not able to recruit dispensers! Staff are walking out of stores because they can't take the stress! If people can't get their meds because all the pharmacies shut or are so understaffed that they can't cope, what then?

well is profit more important than people?  actually, that's notthe right question either...

Is MORE profit more important than people? generating MORE profit is the Prime ( and sole) purpose of any business today. when they can't increase sales or margins, they cut costs, wages are the number one cost so they reduce staff.  there's no long term rationale, the master aim is more money now when the profit increase slows, we'll move on to something else.  Short sighted, stupid, mindnumbingly destructive and sickeningly avaricious?  sure, but no one's about to give up their personal little peice of the pie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Avaricious is a great word, you read them less often now, good job @MooN!

I completely agree, I see this often, companies achieve a nice balance between their production capacity, their managing capacity, and the market they want, suddenly everything is going nice and the whole thing is about to hit cruise speed when some fucktard decides to try and turn it up to 11 or 12. I think most companies are driven by quick horny greed instead of brains.

• Like 3

I rode to the Algarve, and am now getting slightly drunk before going to my room and posting a report.

Fucking winter, can’t believe I’ve eaten and am almost over with my wine and it’s still almost not even dinner time. I’ll be pretty upset if I catch britishness from here! There’s still time untill it gets deep though, sat around a place trying to get a pre meal aperitif but it was full of drunken brits at 18:30 :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yes but he doesn't deal with 'knuckle-dragging brits'  , DBM's are more his style 

dancing-midget.gif.55d396003e4565183d3f2c1386fa7081.gif

Damn right! They came to rural inland Spain so deal with the consequences!

I never had anybody to babysit me or help me with anything re translations.....I just got on and did it myself as best I could.

I've got to do another translation tomorrow morning at the Social Security offices for my boy and his family to get their health cards!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, MooN said:

well is profit more important than people?  actually, that's notthe right question either...

Is MORE profit more important than people? generating MORE profit is the Prime ( and sole) purpose of any business today. when they can't increase sales or margins, they cut costs, wages are the number one cost so they reduce staff.  there's no long term rationale, the master aim is more money now when the profit increase slows, we'll move on to something else.  Short sighted, stupid, mindnumbingly destructive and sickeningly avaricious?  sure, but no one's about to give up their personal little peice of the pie.

Absolutely Chris, just substitute 'growth' for 'greed'  .  When I hear the continuous mantra of growth spouted by politicians and CEO's it boils my piss 

so-annoying-mad.gif.27ba92a5ae3ac23055b6ead41622cea0.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Just got back from Baza to have Medicals and put in the application to renew our driving licences. I only get one for five fucking years now! :classic_sad:

Then we called in to see a client (who's also a friend) at her cavehouse B&B.

They've got a little electric thing that they run round in......wouldn't fancy going far in this.

20221124_123547-min.jpg.51c22372176f5874db0abd4d61d99c5f.jpg

20221124_123558-min.jpg.236264e330dff2e186f9c36c0018d01d.jpg

You make the car look big.. 

And you look like someone from the pass... 

Screenshot_20221124_171100_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

This means: "I got on and had friend bring me motorcycles every two years in vans!"

I'm not talking about motorcycles.....I'm talking about everything on a day to day basis.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tango said:

Shock, horror......I actually got out on the bike this afternoon! Probably need a lie down now! 😂😂

IMG_20221124_142619.thumb.jpg.5a730815c726846657c44665543c4fe3.jpg

IMG_20221124_145830.thumb.jpg.9d5831532da7ddab85b1d9f1d622593a.jpg

IMG_20221124_150328.thumb.jpg.525fb21e16d48e2631363ceaf5f4074a.jpg

IMG_20221124_152643.thumb.jpg.a6aab04105bb1f19ef11ecfe8a31461f.jpg

I have just been staring at your bike, bleddy lovely.  👍

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have just been staring at your bike, bleddy lovely.  👍

Cheers mate. 👍

It's very different to what I had in the UK, but it's not really the place for hooligan bikes here, so I went for something a bit more sedate! 😂😂 and, given a lot of the roads here, minor off road capabilities are definitely needed! It's not perfect, but it does what I want most of the time. 👍😎

• Like 4