What would Freddie do?

Saul

Day off today and I saw there was a break in the weather this morning so I thought a bimble on the Himalayan was on the cards.     I dropped into Parbados on the way to get a photo on the beach as Xtreme suggested then carried on over to the North Coast, as my inspiration for the ride was to copy a Freddie Dobbs video on Youtube and visit Project 83.   Locally it is sometimes a bit difficult to choose a destination for a quick ride.  Anyway I got to Newquay and it is still as charmless as it has ever been.  Sorry if you are a resident but I have never liked the place, to much arcade, public vomiting and cheap tat for my liking.    Anyway enough of my old fart prejudice once I was in Newquay I fired up the Tripper nav thing on the Himalayan to find Wesley Yard, and Project 83.    After two trips around the one way system I managed to actually follow the directions to Project 83, I will confess that it was user error and not the fault of the Tripper that took me around Newquay twice.  

Project 83, if you haven't seen the Freddie Dobbs video is a sort of posh boutique type of Biker Cafe and riding gear shop.  Very nice place to be fair but quite spendy, the first pair of gloves I looked at were £239.  What they had for sale appeared to very good quality but my pocket is more comfortable in a charity shop.   I had a coffee, which was only £2.50 and lovely, read a magazine which funnily enough had a RE Interceptor in it that had been converted into a 650 Himalayan by Cooperbs motorcycles.  I would like that if I had the cash.   Then headed home.  I must say that I liked Project 83 and if you are ever near Newquay, Cornwall it is worth a diversion to visit the place.    I asked the owner about Freddie and said it wasn't planned and he just turned up, but the visit and Youtube video had been very good for his business.  I hope he continues to do well as it is a classy welcoming place and a great destination for a ride out.   50 miles done and home before the rain.

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7972.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

• Like 6

I saw that you tube video, I think it was the first Dobbs one I ever saw, I like his videos.

Not a good place to visit in bad weather with miniscule or missing mudguards and open face crash hat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Great report @Saul......not sure about the bloody weather though!

Not so bad mate. More about being dry than anything.   Not so keen on dark, wet and windy but just wet is ok.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Day off today and I saw there was a break in the weather this morning so I thought a bimble on the Himalayan was on the cards.     I dropped into Parbados on the way to get a photo on the beach as Xtreme suggested then carried on over to the North Coast, as my inspiration for the ride was to copy a Freddie Dobbs video on Youtube and visit Project 83.   Locally it is sometimes a bit difficult to choose a destination for a quick ride.  Anyway I got to Newquay and it is still as charmless as it has ever been.  Sorry if you are a resident but I have never liked the place, to much arcade, public vomiting and cheap tat for my liking.    Anyway enough of my old fart prejudice once I was in Newquay I fired up the Tripper nav thing on the Himalayan to find Wesley Yard, and Project 83.    After two trips around the one way system I managed to actually follow the directions to Project 83, I will confess that it was user error and not the fault of the Tripper that took me around Newquay twice.  

Project 83, if you haven't seen the Freddie Dobbs video is a sort of posh boutique type of Biker Cafe and riding gear shop.  Very nice place to be fair but quite spendy, the first pair of gloves I looked at were £239.  What they had for sale appeared to very good quality but my pocket is more comfortable in a charity shop.   I had a coffee, which was only £2.50 and lovely, read a magazine which funnily enough had a RE Interceptor in it that had been converted into a 650 Himalayan by Cooperbs motorcycles.  I would like that if I had the cash.   Then headed home.  I must say that I liked Project 83 and if you are ever near Newquay, Cornwall it is worth a diversion to visit the place.    I asked the owner about Freddie and said it wasn't planned and he just turned up, but the visit and Youtube video had been very good for his business.  I hope he continues to do well as it is a classy welcoming place and a great destination for a ride out.   50 miles done and home before the rain.

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7972.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

Great pics. Thanks 👍

• Thanks 1