A sort of ride report. A boring one 😆

Slowlycatchymonkey

3 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Just did a quick Google search for official RE dealers and there are two either side of you @Slowlycatchymonkey. One is towards Malaga and the other closer to Almeria but it might be worth giving them a call and asking if anyone speaks English.

Surely they should be able to help?

34F8F4F1-FBAC-4D3E-AB04-FB65D3CDD71E.png

50EA6873-0332-4D93-93D7-93E26E7E43A6.png

Thanks Skippy that’s very kind of you. I’ll have a look 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Just did a quick Google search for official RE dealers and there are two either side of you @Slowlycatchymonkey. One is towards Malaga and the other closer to Almeria but it might be worth giving them a call and asking if anyone speaks English.

Surely they should be able to help?

34F8F4F1-FBAC-4D3E-AB04-FB65D3CDD71E.png

50EA6873-0332-4D93-93D7-93E26E7E43A6.png

When the chain snapped on the first journey they took it to Granada. They were really very lovely but the mechanic somehow soaked the exhaust wrap in oil which gave off noxious fumes forever and the chain wasn’t tensioned correctly (far too loose). So I crossed them of the list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It’s the old nature nurture thing again isn’t it. 
I’ve watched one of my flakey friends nurture her teenage daughter into anorexia with her competitive pressuring style of parenting and not acknowledge she has anything to do with what happened. 
Then I see another friend with one daughter who is lovely n easygoing and one that’s a hellcat with behavioural problems from the outset. 
Its not easy there’s no manual (well there are thousands of conflicting manuals) and no one size fits all solution. Plus some people are just born bad. Sounds harsh but they literally have a larger psychopathic element than the norm. So there’s that too. 

My sister found out quite early on that certain E numbers in food would send her daughter into a hyperactive madness where she would become almost uncontrollable. I was there once when the ice-cream van came round and my sister overheard the other mothers slagging her off for not letting her have an ice cream, my sister wiped the floor with them and ended with saying she'd buy her daughter an ice cream if they were willing to look after her for the next 12 hours. An example i remember was she could eat a tube of smarties but only after all the blue ones were removed as there was something in the blue colouring that would set her off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My sister found out quite early on that certain E numbers in food would send her daughter into a hyperactive madness where she would become almost uncontrollable. I was there once when the ice-cream van came round and my sister overheard the other mothers slagging her off for not letting her have an ice cream, my sister wiped the floor with them and ended with saying she'd buy her daughter an ice cream if they were willing to look after her for the next 12 hours. An example i remember was she could eat a tube of smarties but only after all the blue ones were removed as there was something in the blue colouring that would set her off.

Some of those so called safe E numbers are shocking. Blue and yellow colourant was famous for it. Sugar can have such a profound effect on small children if it was tested as food additive it wouldn’t pass.
The safe limit testing on additives only tests them individually. It’s perfectly legal to use a cocktail of them which combines to make very high doses in some processed foods. 

I wouldn’t give my sons ‘Fruit Shoots’ to drink because they had more sugar in them than Cola but some friends bought tickets for us all to go to the Panto (snore) and they had nothing to drink there except fruit shoots - not even water!

I’d seen the effect this purple coloured drink had on my son at childrens parties so did not want to buy it. My childless friends (and we all know how judgmental and strongly opinionated on child rearing childless people can be) looked at me like I was a horrible mother (you know the sort, fanatical about their child having a healthy diet) and said oh go on he can have a fruit shoots at the panto at Christmas surely. I said ok but but he won’t see much of the panto and youre responsible for peeling him off the ceiling. They look satisfied with their victory. 

Well you can guess the rest. The looks in their faces made it worth it. First off when he started flipping empty theatre seats they found it amusing, then the smiles quickly faded when it ramped up to crawling under the seats, disturbing other patrons and disappearing through the doors back stage. I said satisfied? You’d better go and find him. They were so acutely embarrassed at the idea they would be thought to be his parents they refused. I said I thought not, I do these things with good reason. They were pretty quiet with their judgmental childless views after that 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3