A sort of ride report. A boring one 😆

Slowlycatchymonkey

Just now, XTreme said:

Take it to a proper mechanic......you never know if there's any other stupid shit that guy has done.

I believe I know the things he’s done. 
And pray tell how does one know if they are looking at a proper mechanic? You don’t even know when you book a bike in somewhere if the person you spoke to who sounded competent is going to be doing the actual work!

I’m fast coming or the conclusion I’m better off doing the work myself. 
It’s not rocket science.. close-  engine burny fuel etc but it’s within my capabilities.

Problem is I just don’t want to do it! Being practical is a pain in the arse, you end up doing bloody everything but its not as much as a pain in the arse as this is!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

nd pray tell how does one know if they are looking at a proper mechanic?

Ask around in the area........you'll find the same names popping up.

The Spanish will know who's the real deal.

Look at shops, find one with good looking dirtbikes on the storage area. Pop up with tour bike, point at stuff and if they don’t know what to fix go away.

Same as you would in the Uk, you’re not on another planet. 

Go on google maps and find anyone, chances are they’ll be better than that monkey you currently have in the UK working on your bikes.

• Like 1

Honest question: is that normal in the uk now? Kids’ tantrums leading to people fighting at the first word? People looking for a fight in a normal area like a restaurant or a ferry?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Honest question: is that normal in the uk now? Kids’ tantrums leading to people fighting at the first word? People looking for a fight in a normal area like a restaurant or a ferry?

No it’s not normal. I think this guy had been cooped up with his ill kids for too long and probably had had no sleep. 
Sleepless nights and ill children do not make for a chilled human. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Look at shops, find one with good looking dirtbikes on the storage area. Pop up with tour bike, point at stuff and if they don’t know what to fix go away.

Same as you would in the Uk, you’re not on another planet. 

Go on google maps and find anyone, chances are they’ll be better than that monkey you currently have in the UK working on your bikes.

I hope it is another planet and it’s not like the UK this is the third mechanic! 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I hope it is another planet and it’s not like the UK this is the third mechanic! 😂

Speak to your landlord.....he seems to get shit done.

And if he doesn't know who to recommend, he'll know somebody that does.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Speak to your landlord.....he seems to get shit done.

And if he doesn't know who to recommend, he'll know somebody that does.

Yer and there is that very helpful guy who’s a Brit bike enthusiast at the Honda garage down the road.  He cared. 
But then again I think I might be past trusting other people to do the work. 

Gonna sleep on it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer and there is that very helpful guy who’s a Brit bike enthusiast at the Honda garage down the road.  He cared. 
But then again I think I might be past trusting other people to do the work. 

Gonna sleep on it. 

Don't take chances.......get it sorted professionally.

The Honda guy sounds promising.

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Doing it myself isn’t taking a chance Pete. I don’t find mechanical or practical things difficult. When I had a mini I used to fix it myself and my Pops was a motorcycle mechanic many moons ago, I’m sure he’d be happy to direct plus he knows what I can and can’t do.
He also has an uncanny knack of being right all the time so that’s handy. 

I wouldn’t attempt to get he needle back on the speedo for example. Once the waterproof seals broken that would be a whole world of watery pain 😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's the problem she has been getting it done professionally but may as well of let you to do the work lol, when you do it yourself at least you know what kind of job you've done, lets face it with the experience of the professionals @Slowlycatchymonkeys had she can hardly do worse.
I got a saying that's served me well

i don't need to pay someone to do a shit job when I can do a shit job myself for free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No it’s not normal. I think this guy had been cooped up with his ill kids for too long and probably had had no sleep. 
Sleepless nights and ill children do not make for a chilled human. 

He sounds like a shit parent, full stop .  Kids always tug at your strings, if you can't deal with it don't have kids.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Pedro said:

I'd say it is at times.

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

He sounds like a shit parent, full stop .  Kids always tug at your strings, if you can't deal with it don't have kids.  

To be fair Bob i feel until you've had kids of your own you have no idea how your going to react, my pair have been angels compared to some of the other kids i seen when out with them, i don't think i could have coped if they behaved like those 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

To be fair Bob i feel until you've had kids of your own you have no idea how your going to react, my pair have been angels compared to some of the other kids i seen when out with them, i don't think i could have coped if they behaved like those 

The way I look at it is that we were all kids once and perhaps some of us weren't exactly angels ourselves,

In my experience it's usually the parents who are wanting because the kids get in the way of what they want to do or they just can't be bothered to speak to them and try to show them right from wrong.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The way I look at it is that we were all kids once and perhaps some of us weren't exactly angels ourselves,

In my experience it's usually the parents who are wanting because the kids get in the way of what they want to do or they just can't be bothered to speak to them and try to show them right from wrong.

The thing with kids is they're so fucking childish!

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Its not always the parents fault Bob, My sister and her daughter are a prime example, she brought her up right in everyway you would think was right but shes off the rails, involved with drugs at an early age and her boy friends have all been criminals its the type she goes for for some reason, the one shes involved with now is currently in prison, my sister has sacrificed a lot of her life trying to get her back on track but shes not interested but still lives at home with my sister she hasn't and wont turn her back on her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its not always the parents fault Bob, My sister and her daughter are a prime example, she brought her up right in everyway you would think was right but shes off the rails, involved with drugs at an early age and her boy friends have all criminals its the type she goes for for some reason, the one shes involved with now is currently in prison, my sister has sacrificed a lot of her life trying to get her back on track but shes not interested but still lives at home with my sister she hasn't and wont turn her back on her.

Yes, I suppose I was thinking more of kids rather than teenagers.  Once they reach puberty, all bets are off 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its not always the parents fault Bob, My sister and her daughter are a prime example, she brought her up right in everyway you would think was right but shes off the rails, involved with drugs at an early age

So true! I went through that with my eldest.....he's now 45 and I don't even know if he's still alive!

Last time I saw him was in Bristol in 2004.

• Sad 4

All the outside family always said I was hard on my 3 kids and both me and Mandi kept up a united front against them. An example would be keeping them sat at the table in a restaurant while the rest were making noise and running about. Caused some arguments along the way but they all say our 3 are "brill". I'm led to believe thats good.:classic_laugh:
I too have mo time for other peoples kids although the birth of our 2 grandkids seem to the exception.

• Like 4

Just did a quick Google search for official RE dealers and there are two either side of you @Slowlycatchymonkey. One is towards Malaga and the other closer to Almeria but it might be worth giving them a call and asking if anyone speaks English.

Surely they should be able to help?

34F8F4F1-FBAC-4D3E-AB04-FB65D3CDD71E.png

50EA6873-0332-4D93-93D7-93E26E7E43A6.png

• Like 1

It’s the old nature nurture thing again isn’t it. 
I’ve watched one of my flakey friends nurture her teenage daughter into anorexia with her competitive pressuring style of parenting and not acknowledge she has anything to do with what happened. 
Then I see another friend with one daughter who is lovely n easygoing and one that’s a hellcat with behavioural problems from the outset. 
Its not easy there’s no manual (well there are thousands of conflicting manuals) and no one size fits all solution. Plus some people are just born bad. Sounds harsh but they literally have a larger psychopathic element than the norm. So there’s that too. 

• Like 3