Off roading/green laning for the first time, success story!!

Sofia

So, today was a special day!
 I have been wanting to try off road ridding on a  motorcycle, something I never did before, and it so happens a customer's mate is a professional motorcross racer and of I went to have a go with this loony that took me through rocks, mud, rivers, Sea cliffs, rickety bridges, forests and even someone's vegetable patch!! In my head we were going on a gentle ride through the countryside, but no, he decided my confort zone needed to be expanded by a considerable shunk!! We climbed and descended things I never imagined I could possibly manage, but somehow I did and the only time I almost didn't, I remembered Elisabeth R "Keep calm and never give up".
 I'm 3 month short of 50, going through menopause ( I hope it's that, or else my brain is deffo gone with the fairies!!), after a few years of emotional turmoil and copious amounts of anxiety, I really thought I could not hacket anymore, but today I realised I can and actually what is needed is to go, push harder, go further, face the fear, accept the falls and rejoice with the rising from them, believe we can, because we will achieve more then we thought possible!! 
I'm pretty shuffed with myself today and here are the pictures to prove it!! But because I'm not one for just showing off, there is also evidence of one of 3 falls, this an hilarious one, specially for the Green Laning pros amongst you!! Laugh away, it's funny! 

Thank you to Michi Kunz , crazy good at what he does and a very kind soul. Interesting project, worth checking out: https://sharebus.ch/

20220920_102130.jpg

20220920_114054.jpg

20220920_114117.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pedro said:

Way to go!

Thank you @Pedro. For sure would not feel confident enough to try it if it wasnt for your continuous support and how you make me believe in my self on all aspects of life, business and personal. Credit where credit is due!! Now, all going well in 6 month I ll give you a beating on a dirt track somewhere!! 🤘😂😉

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Well done. You'll be hooked now and time for a second bike.

Hope you're not aching this morn.

Thanks!! No, actually im not and that has surprised me a lot.

Yes, im really thinking a 2nd bike is the way forward, I realized I prefer ridding on the road and would never try this with anything heavier.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Absolutely superb Sofia, you'll be wanting your own bike now, it's very addictive.  The KTM's are tall bikes as well so not the easiest bike in the world to ride, I'm very impressed :classic_cool:

Thank you!! 

Really liked the KTM, felt super easy and didnt find it tall. I love the torque and power to go over stuff, amazing! And was not boring on the road either. Good machine. No idea which one it is, just that its 250cc

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Great effort, the first time is always the key time…….you’ll either go back for more or walk away for good. Now you’ll have to buy a dirt bike! 👍👍

Thanks!

Oh, I liked it alright! Although the boulder section wasnt my favourite, there is nothing I would say never again. For sure would rather it was all fast dirt track, with some mud and water crossings, not rocky 15% to 20% incline cliff hedge over the Sea kinda thing!! 

image.png.aad2988e97dc1bce18e477d90bf5c7cb.png

image.png.78204c36fdf8c00cbdf60ec8fb94d4b0.png

image.png.9d7d5a669125f021a54cc12d918781ff.pngLike these pictures but worst and on the hedge.

• Like 4

Pictures and video were excellent. I wouldn't worry about falling over at a stand still, I think I have seen that happen more then when people are actually moving. I once fell over when when I stopped to look at my map and a little dog barked at me down by my feet. I think I jumped and lost my balance and over I went. I nearly squashed the dog he was so small.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You fell off into a nice soft bush i usually land on rocks or mud LOL
your now in a good position to answer Pedro's question of what the fascination with riding through water crossings is :littleguy:

Crossing water is so nice!!! Felt like Moises! Its like having extra powers, really liked it. 

There were a lot of stones there, it was a little path only a bit wider then the bike with 2 rocks sticking out on the side. 

I think you call what I fell on reeds, or canes (?) . They are actually invasive, like notweed, and have been used as fences to divide properties or pieces of land the same way you have blackthorn. They just grow out of control and spread throught there rhizome, almost impossible to get rid off. Around here its so common to see lines of them and in this case someone had cut a lot to open up the path and left them there to hold me like a mattress! 

Still my foot has 100% trapped between the rock I was trying to negotiate and the bike that had its swing arm balancing on the rock and my ankle. Those boots are really good! 

• Like 3

That’s awesome!! You look like you were having fun, and why not, great opportunity.

It was the same for me, almost 50 and I wanted a challenge, which learning to ride off road on my Himalayan gave me.  I am a better person for pushing through my fears that’s for sure.

You look good in that gear too! 😎

• Like 2