GPS device that works like a phone with google maps

Pedro

After the Garmin success my next stop is the helmet cam which failed regularly because my iPhone 12 was a piece of tortuous crap but by the time I discovered the phone was to blame for the camera not formatting I was already up to Basil Fawlty level of anger and had flung it in a drawer.

That'll have to wait til I get back to Blighty though cos thats where I abandoned it. Might even venture to load some footage on here.. but I wouldn't hold your breath 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm updated 

update.png.9dd323b31b685ab52b7f4b24d5ee8711.png

My mistake i was reading some other crap about the i phone :classic_laugh: by the way the latest IOS software update is 16.1.2 your fossil will not take it though as apple has dropped support for the 7 now

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My mistake i was reading some other crap about the i phone :classic_laugh: by the way the latest IOS software update is 16.1.2 your fossil will not take it though as apple has dropped support for the 7 now

Ooooooooooops,  I'm not buying a new phone though.  I'll stick with the fossil 

big-phone-chase.gif.c4398f9805e4ce5d339f004480025efc.gif

• Haha 2

FFS I'm sick of all these different tech connectors. I've got a bag full of adapters and different leads to change one end to another but now I need USB C to mini (not micro) USB or Female USB to USB C to connect the Garmin to my laptop.

I know all the tech companies are up in arms about the recent EU ruling to force all providers to switch to USB C by 2024 but I welcome it!

Imagine one lead for all your devices. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

FFS I'm sick of all these different tech connectors. I've got a bag full of adapters and different leads to change one end to another but now I need USB C to mini (not micro) USB or Female USB to USB C to connect the Garmin to my laptop.

I know all the tech companies are up in arms about the recent EU ruling to force all providers to switch to USB C by 2024 but I welcome it!

Imagine one lead for all your devices. 

Yup charging vibrators is so complicated now, remember when it was as simple as banging in a couple of double A's and away you go :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Asking for directions from strangers doesn't seem half as daunting now as it did before I read this thread.....

Depends where you are , if you're in Ystrad Mynach it's pretty terrifying.  Don't ask me how I know this ..............

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Depends where you are , if you're in Ystrad Mynach it's pretty terrifying.  Don't ask me how I know this ..............

Yfront myknickers?

What's the deal there then 

What is it with welsh Town names can't they call them normal things 🤔 

99% oh them are unpronounceable even to the locals

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had some woman called Delyth talking about her 'Yeurs' to me in Wales once.

I thought she was talking about her experiences a long time ago. It was only when I caught the word 'yeurings' that I realised she was talking about her lug holes.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

I thought she was talking about her experiences a long time ago. It was only when I caught the word 'yeurings' that I realised she was talking about her lug holes.

I bet you were just staring at her blankly saying to yourself "ground please open up and swallow me, anything to stop this misery"

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I'm surprised @yen_powell  , I thought you were fluent in Taff speak 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Ear is said the same as year! So is here.

And tooth is said in the same way as you say the "u" in push.

9 hours ago, busabeast said:

Fleur de lis.....do they think they are French too?

Used to cycle to there when i was in school to chat the girls up, we just called it flower as most of the locals back then did, I never knew it as Fleur-de-lis and years later a friend was talking me about the times we used to hang around in Fleur-de-lis and i didn't know what the hell he was on about and said i'd never been there, until he said yes you have we used to cycle there after school you know flower then the penny dropped LOL

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Used to cycle to there when i was in school to chat the girls up, we just called it flower as most of the locals back then did, I never knew it as Fleur-de-lis and years later a friend was talking me about the times we used to hang around in Fleur-de-lis and i didn't know what the hell he was on about and said i'd never been there, until he said yes you have we used to cycle there after school you know flower then the penny dropped LOL

See even native Taff's don't know where the fuck they are in their own country 

• Haha 1