Do you wear socks with sandals? You can be honest here....

Grasshopper

Do you wear socks with sandals?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you like the Grasshopper and enjoy a good pair of socks with your sandals?

• Love the socks with sandals, bring'n sexy back for sure!
    • I would rather walk on glass than be seen in socks with sandals.
    • I swing both ways, socks, no socks, it's all good.
    • Sandals are meant to be free from socks. (Yes I am uptight)
    • I'm not uptight, just don't like socks with sandals.

It was recently brought to my attention that people still feel that wearing socks with sandals is an odd thing.

Never understood this, I figure whatever is comfortable can not be wrong.....or is it just me? 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I laughed my head off at a mate of mine who's a proper fashion Nazi when I saw him wearing socks n sandals, he would have crucified anyone else doing it but he protested so much about the comfort level of socks and sandals I tried it and blow me down he was right it is very comfortable. 

But I only wear sandals when its exceptionally hot or they're the strappy heeled variety and socks don't happen in either of those scenarios 😆

You wanna let your feet be happy in socks n sandals rock on. I get it- oddly enough due to a fashion Nazi!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I wear Birkenstocks all the time and like them better with socks.  More comfy around the house than full shoes....and I can still go outside in a flash!

I live with 3 boisterous, slightly clumsy people, steel toe caps indoors are the minimum necessary 😂

toe stub GIF

• Haha 5

You left out the option: My socks are my sandles,

yes i buy in bulk. Why do you ask...on the bright side they get holes and thrown out

before i need to sort them in the wash

And i still call sandles thongs, yes im very old school.

:classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I live with 3 boisterous, slightly clumsy people, steel toe caps indoors are the minimum necessary 😂

toe stub GIF

Talking about that the bloody hotel room i was staying in last week had a place to hang your clothes behind the door and what is screwed to the floor right where i walk to get my cloths every morning the bloody door stop i lost count how many times i stubbed my toes on it so the last time i went down the van got a screwdriver and took it off lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Blokes who wear sandals are trying to tell us something, and don't get me started on bloody flip flops

norman-thavaud-norman-fait-des-videos.gif.1caaaf378a6f35771befc8ae80b22a0d.gif

In your case it would be sock with sandal.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Pics … and if they are Crocs your going to hell .

Crocs? I dare you to come over here and say that to my face! 😂😂😂😂

20220813_124011.thumb.jpg.a93bf4ddb4748870d24f8ea93c85c0ad.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sliders are those things like flip flops with no 'toe thing' and a big plastic band across the toe width aren't they? Tango is I believe wearing posh flip flops!

You are correct there

No, you don’t wear socks with sandals outside.

That’s a German thing, or a thing belonging to someone who just doesn’t care.

Latest fashion with tourists is white socks with “pool” slippers, like those oldfashioned adidas people used to wear in proper sporting swimming pool to take a shower in, in the 80s and 90s. That’s as low as you can go, but anyways just don’t wear socks with any sort of exposed toes footwear outside.

• Haha 1

Sandals is a very geographic nomenclature, in Portuguese sandals or “sandalias” for anything that’s not an enclosed shoe and hold on via straps, like what Michelle wears down to flip flops. A single wide band accross the center of the foot and suddenly it’s a slipper, or a “chinelo”, same name as a bedroom slipper.

Crocs are crocs, or “socos” (pronounced sock-oos)if you’re oldscool as that’s what we call those old dutch wooden soled clunkers that inspired crocs. 

14 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Blokes who wear sandals are trying to tell us something, and don't get me started on bloody flip flops

norman-thavaud-norman-fait-des-videos.gif.1caaaf378a6f35771befc8ae80b22a0d.gif

I am with you on the flip flops, time and place, which is almost never.....😆