Crap you take on your bike, mascots, talismans and travelling companions

Slowlycatchymonkey

I was never fussed about cluttering my bike by attaching things to them and I'm not superstitious but over the years I've been given a some and am quite fond of them. The 'Pop' Evil Knievel on my Himalayan is my favourite, it makes me laugh to think of the fear my riding would induce in him and he cant close his eyes 😆 plus the lump the Himalayan is couldn't be further away from producing a stunt.. unless its gravel related 😂

So what you got or does it make you wince when you see a bikes lovely lines wrecked by attached daftness.

• Like 6

My 'luck' is on my key ring. Various things added, a couple of coins with holes in the middle from various holidays, my dog's address tag from about 1982ish when I took him to the vet for the last time (Mister, a rescue collie), a Motorhead (the group) metal tag, no idea where I got that. This is why the main bunch has to have the bike or car key attached for easy separation of I wouldn't be able to turn the handlebars/steering wheel.

I used to have a bit of red plastic car tail light that ended up in the fins/spark plug area of my GPz750 when a car drove out of control directly at me at about 40mph. I was waiting at a mini roundabout so was stationary, he'd just clipped another speeding car which had sent him my way. Just as I thought I was going to die, he buried his bonnet and most of his engine into a very tall lamp column directly in front of me and I found myself showered by bits of car and street lamp lens. It was on the key ringh for a few years then must have broken and fallen off.

image.png.12c73ee4a3ffc2013fc2a1311977bce4.png

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I thought you would be superstitious given the ghost stories etc

No.......not at all.

But then I've never seen a connection between superstitions and apparitions.

Because it's not possible to see a superstition.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

My 'luck' is on my key ring. Various things added, a couple of coins with holes in the middle from various holidays, my dog's address tag from about 1982ish when I took him to the vet for the last time (Mister, a rescue collie), a Motorhead (the group) metal tag, no idea where I got that. This is why the main bunch has to have the bike or car key attached for easy separation of I wouldn't be able to turn the handlebars/steering wheel.

I used to have a bit of red plastic car tail light that ended up in the fins/spark plug area of my GPz750 when a car drove out of control directly at me at about 40mph. I was waiting at a mini roundabout so was stationary, he'd just clipped another speeding car which had sent him my way. Just as I thought I was going to die, he buried his bonnet and most of his engine into a very tall lamp column directly in front of me and I found myself showered by bits of car and street lamp lens. It was on the key ringh for a few years then must have broken and fallen off.

image.png.12c73ee4a3ffc2013fc2a1311977bce4.png

Did he try to avoid you and hit the lamp post on purpose?

• Like 1

I used to have a red white and blue haired Gonk with a "Rule Britannia" t shirt attached to my XJ650, 'till it got stolen in Strasbourg, never had anything since

• Like 4

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I remember that.

The well trotted out line is - so you dont believe in love then?

Yes but love is an emotion.......not a visual entity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yes but love is an emotion.......not a visual entity.

If you believe in things you cant see based on a emotion then thats all superstition is - a belief based on a feeling. 

Don't get me wrong Im not particularly superstitious myself I just think the 'if I cant see it I don't believe it' doesnt apply to a lot of things. Especially humans and their beliefs which are usually illogical captain.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Are you talking about those fast and furious wannabe.. That hang bull balls on the back of their car? 

Buck's George Foreman Grill could fall into this category!

• Haha 1