A photo you took today.................

boboneleg

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yer dude salesman tried to sell me one of those Zero's when I was in there last time, I wasn't going for it but I thought he was a nice dude anyway 👍

I think he’s quite keen on the electric bikes, turned out he phoned the dealers to test ride the Livewire just after they sold it to us 😆

Small world.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 10:11, XTreme said:

I'm not sure, but it's a fact that UK Pensions are the lowest in Europe.

probably because Spain take more money per month off you through your working life giving you a better pension for your retirement. Here in the UK if your wise enough you can provide for a better retirement by taking out a personal pension from a young age. Just like you i didn't bother so in 15 years i will be on here moaning about how i didn't save for my future by slagging off my shit pension 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

in 15 years i will be on here moaning about how i didn't save for my future by slagging off my shit pension 😉

Fuck!!!

will it never end then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 13/01/2023 at 16:51, yen_powell said:

I was following a van which did a sudden violent swerve, this was the reason why. I parked up, walked back and took two pictures. Couldn't get any one to answer their phones, so I sent the pictures to the Head Of Highways then went round the corner to one of our yards and asked the emergency call out bods to do their thing. Google maps says they closed the road, right outside the sorting office as well.

image.png.e2094f23af71f642abbed51a1f13d0e0.png

image.png.879072e057a9455353cc752a5249077a.png

image.png.7a476799c9384c7f8a1e222fcdd77a09.png

Maybe that's where all the new BSA's are.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

probably because Spain take more money per month off you through your working life giving you a better pension for your retirement. Here in the UK if your wise enough you can provide for a better retirement by taking out a personal pension from a young age. Just like you i didn't bother so in 15 years i will be on here moaning about how i didn't save for my future by slagging off my shit pension 😉

The earnings-related contributory Spanish pension rates remain among the highest in Europe. Pre-tax pension rates for a full pension in Spain are over 81% of gross annual salary. This is the highest among EU countries.

Spanish pensions are funded by contributions from employees at around 4.7% of their salary. Employers contribute 23.6% of an employee’s salary. Self-employed workers are responsible for paying all of their contributions, meaning that they personally pay more towards their Spanish pension.

https://www.expatica.com/es/finance/retirement/spain-pension-846584/#:~:text=Spanish pensions are funded by,more towards their Spanish pension.

In Britain you pay 5% but the government only pays 3%.

https://www.gov.uk/workplace-pensions/what-you-your-employer-and-the-government-pay

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

In Britain you pay 5% but the government only pays 3%.

https://www.gov.uk/workplace-pensions/what-you-your-employer-and-the-government-pay

Yebbut everyone knows that so why wouldn't you make provision to top up your state pension whether that's via a personal pension, buy to let property, making voluntary top ups or any other way ?  It'll only get worse in the UK in years to come , by the age of 30 you need to have something in place or you're fecked .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

that looks a bit like Port Isaac

A little.   I was down their singing 2 or 3 months ago and I can see what you mean.   Its a bit like the Platt.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

A little.   I was down their singing 2 or 3 months ago and I can see what you mean.   Its a bit like the Platt.  

Not been there for a good few years , just reminded me of it .

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 21:07, boboneleg said:

Same in Bristol Pete, we used to play in a bombed church in Castle Green when I was young .

Same in London Bob, our nearest play area was a derelict factory site that used to make light bulbs. We used to break in, steal loads of light bulbs and play war games, throwing them at each other as they exploded on impact. Mental when I think about it.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I started a pension when I was around 30. Haven't managed to pay a whole lot in being an employed mechanic but the killer was the fall in interest rates. I should of pissed it up the wall and let the state look after me or maybe bought property.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

I started a pension when I was around 30. Haven't managed to pay a whole lot in being an employed mechanic but the killer was the fall in interest rates. I should of pissed it up the wall and let the state look after me or maybe bought property.

It's always a bit of lottery Dave, I know of peeps who have done well with property and I know some who have been hammered with bad tenants etc, that was what put me off property.  The fall in interest rates has shafted most savers, there was good money to be made in the 1990's with investments etc .  I just wonder how kids will fare in the future.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Property is a good way if you don't mind looking after it, When i was 17 i had £2000 burning a hole in my pocket and in a rough housing estate a few miles from where i live they were selling off prefab houses for £1000 each and what did i do with my money, that's right i invested it in a motorcycle :classic_laugh: all the houses in that area now are around £100,000 

I started a pension when i was in my early twenties with prudential, i new nothing about pensions at all and trusted the sales guy fully, i was concerned that i wouldn't be able to get at my money if i needed it for a deposit for a house but he said it was just like a savings account in your bank except you would have to give about a months notice to get it out and assured me it was all good so i paid into one, When i went to get the money out a few years later i was told i would loose over 50% of it if i did. i was so pissed off i wanted to cancel it but they advised me to just freeze it and wait until it matures so i don't lose anything which is this year. I payed in just over £3000 and now i wish i had kept paying into it as that £3000 is now £21000. I also got my initial money back when the miss sold a pension claims came out many years ago and so did the wife. Just wish i kept paying into that pension just felt like i got stung so didn't trust anyone from then on 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The cold beers were flowing like wine early this morning at our favorite Mexican joint. The Manager decided I needed a shit of tequila and sent one over. Can't stand the stuff but had to drink it as it was a gift......

drink1.jpg

drink2.jpg

drink3.jpg

drink4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

The old RAF Hornchurch site which is now a park.

image.png.9a85df349fcf55e7161ea6917553e755.png

image.png.7f03c1c2125f82538e9b181805795503.png

image.png.1d628923f4736ad82024cea513ee5179.png

image.png.bfcbb6ee446a0c2773e28f6de0b39796.png

image.png.b70f8dbcdf54588f42b519ebd2ba9f2a.png

image.png.c84d3234e2f3366841dbf028e4e63175.png

image.png.b1d79742b11a2c269869643215f39bbc.png

image.png.09686ddca964b9cea1a747e5f4f0e8ab.png

I think this was one of my school teachers, about the right age and an unusual name. My old school not mentioned though.

image.png.9afa8bd5e9bb1871a9408531a622e80c.png

Why are you posting images in PNG format Yen?

The camera takes them in JPG which is a much smaller filetype, so your images will load much quicker.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Why are you posting images in PNG format Yen?

The camera takes them in JPG which is a much smaller filetype, so your images will load much quicker.

No idea. They are jpegs on my phone, they are showing as jpegs on Google photos, but any time I copy and paste a picture into a thread here, it seems to randomly put them in as PNG, it doesn't ask me. They also sometimes double up and I have to delete the second picture from the post.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

ROBODOG !!!

😂

He was going out with my youngest, she is always dressing him up, that collar was a Christmas prezzie.  She had him in Christmas lights an tinsel a couple of weeks ago.   He loves it, proper tart really when he is with her.    Macho terriorist when he is out with me, soft as when he is with her.  🤣

• Like 3