A photo you took today.................

boboneleg

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Seriously, with a chainsaw?!! How big is it?

ps so nice to ask that knowing you wont be the one with a smutty reply.. well maybe not a really smutty reply 😂

It was about 8 feet tall.  They use small saws too, but mostly regular chainsaws.  People from around the world come to this little town and cut the shit out of cedar trees in the name of art.....😆. Still amazing to see them all over town.

...me, smutty....oh my, never 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 25/08/2022 at 19:56, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I was happy with it being called the 2nd Severn crossing and think I’ll continue with that cos it pisses me off when they cause confusion renaming stuff. I’m still not over Marathon being called Snickers 😆

Eh? Snickers? When did that happen?

• Haha 3

Had a meeting with a developer today in Shoreditch. I cut through the old Spitalfields fruit and veg market, they have gone a bit statue mad it seems. I don't know who left a  few brand new site coats in the footwell of the scooter.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-08 at 13.14.03.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-08 at 13.14.04.jpeg

• Like 5

Just walked down to my local supermarket a few minutes ago and spotted this again, still in exactly the same place. I first saw it a few months ago and tapped it with my foot. When it didn't move I knew it was the famous glued down coin trick beloved of children in my youth. The kid's probably forgotten all about it now, but I bet he watched for ages in the first week as people tried to pick it up.

image.thumb.png.3f13b8e4eb201d8d2370ef002999865a.png

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Just walked down to my local supermarket a few minutes ago and spotted this again, still in exactly the same place. I first saw it a few months ago and tapped it with my foot. When it didn't move I knew it was the famous glued down coin trick beloved of children in my youth. The kid's probably forgotten all about it now, but I bet he watched for ages in the first week as people tried to pick it up.

We used to do it and then stand nearby with a blown up paper bag and pop it just as they bent down to pick it up, some old bloke nearly had a heart attack and we had to leg it 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

Great idea, I’ll do it outside my place, it’s a quiet street and I need the entertainment. Also people are really tight soI bet someone is going home for tools to get it!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I'd be back with a hammer and chisel. i pick up penny's so there's no way i'd leave that :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'd be back with a hammer and chisel. i pick up penny's so there's no way i'd leave that :classic_laugh:

A penny would be different, I'd lever that up, that's a good luck thing. "Find a penny, pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

We used to do it and then stand nearby with a blown up paper bag and pop it just as they bent down to pick it up, some old bloke nearly had a heart attack and we had to leg it 

done that in a pub , glued em to the bar and the ashtrays and some glasses..... got barred

• Haha 5

On 09/09/2022 at 18:58, Richzx6r said:

And how do you tell they are mother and daughter?

They're both females (colouring tells me that), one is the mother teaching a young one to hunt, if they weren't they would be trying to kill each other, they're very territorial, especially at a time when young one's ae recently fledged.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Went for a walk with Paolo this morning.  This is the Panorama walk, it's less than a mile from my house................

IMG_2677.thumb.JPEG.45359d5e36e2770bb84707af4307d095.JPEG

IMG_2681.thumb.JPEG.a067336444d188e0baef5e966d13181e.JPEG

who's Paolo ?

I am in a beautiful place, but unfortunately the surrounding forest fires have blanketed the area with a heavy amount of smoke.

Just glad I have not been too close to any fires.  Came a bit too close about a week ago, scary stuff.

IMG_2610.jpg

• Like 6