Donkey Sanctuary

boboneleg

I had a free pass today and the weather was looking ok so a chance to get out on the Sled for a decent ride.  I wasn't really feeling fit enough to go yomping up hills to look at the reamains of castle's or towers but while perusing a map online last night I noticed a Donkey Sanctuary in Devon.

So, off we got at 08.00 am and down through Cheddar Gorge before the hordes decsend...........

IMG_2323.thumb.JPEG.ce8e283e4655467af78136efb0909aa8.JPEG

Arty farty shot of my new lid, and no @Buckster it doesn't signify wanker, the 'W' is for Wobert 😆

IMG_2322.thumb.JPEG.0075f206a92af841200b73db5ad73960.JPEG

Down across the levels in glorious sunshine and a quick stop for a coffee by the river Isle near Muchelney Abbey.............

IMG_2324.thumb.JPEG.96e6c1a51e9829bdf10de3ea807e8716.JPEG

Now there was a lot of guessing on todays route as I haven't set up a GPS on the Sled yet so it was more a case of 'follow your nose'.  Anyway I found the sanctuary and big bonus it was free to get in............

IMG_2325.thumb.JPEG.608fd3c24f2ee2925aafe72c3709f44f.JPEG

Donkey's were smoothed and gawped at for the next hour before it got to hot to stay outside in heavy biking gear................

IMG_2326.thumb.JPEG.cb7c191b4923b5db5a0eb11b70eb7cad.JPEG

IMG_2330.thumb.JPEG.310e30e9cc7f78ad38963949bff9c7db.JPEG

IMG_2332.thumb.JPEG.45de15ec2425aafbcf773ea03744abaa.JPEG

So I went inside to their excellent resturant and had a Caeser salad and possibly the best chocolate milkshake I've ever tasted.  I started the journey back home but around the Baltonsborough triangle I realised why I love a good GPS as I managed to spend 45 minutes going around in a big circle. I realised this when I passed the same parked car twice as it had a big 'for sale £2200' sign on it which made me think 'in your fucking dreams'  :wank4az:

Anyway, normal service was resumed when I found my way back to the A37 and one last coffee stop at one of my favourite trails...............

#IMG_2333.thumb.JPEG.bec5b10b1b4b4bcde74efe428e5be32a.JPEG

• Like 8

Donkeys are cool. When I was in Brasil you could set your watchby the village donkey when he let everyone know it was 12:00am, he was never more than a minute wrong.

Was it a longish ride? Thoughts on the bike so far?

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Bob!

Were they doing their braying.......cos it's a hell of a noise?

They were very well behaved but yes I've heard them when they give the big ee-haw, it does make a racket

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Donkeys are cool. When I was in Brasil you could set your watchby the village donkey when he let everyone know it was 12:00am, he was never more than a minute wrong.

Was it a longish ride? Thoughts on the bike so far?

About 170 miles round trip @Pedro  .  Love it so far, the engine is pretty smooth for an old V-Twin, not really vibey at all.  Decent brakes but not shit hot, fairly comfortable riding posiiton and seat but the best bit is the handling 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

About 170 miles round trip @Pedro  .  Love it so far, the engine is pretty smooth for an old V-Twin, not really vibey at all.  Decent brakes but not shit hot, fairly comfortable riding posiiton and seat but the best bit is the handling 👍

So exactly what you would expect from it! 

Does it cope well with gravel roads and such bumps? Like the T700?

Would you take it on a proper big trip?

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

So exactly what you would expect from it! 

Does it cope well with gravel roads and such bumps? Like the T700?

Would you take it on a proper big trip?

I'm not going to take it off-road if I can help it.  The front cylinder would be vulnerable even on a gravel road, I know you can get guards but I don't really want to do that at this point. 

Yes, I would take it on a long trip but it would probably be all tarmac.

• Like 3