Beemer Test this weekend!

XTreme

When I bought the bike I said that one of the reasons for getting a GS was that the wife might be able to come out on it when she wanted. I'm in a difficult situation ( @Cliveand @Swagman know what I mean) because you can't just bugger off all day and leave them on their own.

But due to her osteoarthritis she's limited as to what is comfortable for her and it needs to have excellent suspension......and in that respect it's difficult to match a Beemer. She loved Big Bird, so she may well feel the same with this one.

Why this weekend? Well my boy and his family are off to the Costa del Sol for two days and taking the car, so she has to come on it to feed the horses. If it's still difficult for her then we know she'll never be able to come out on a bike for a trip. But if it's OK then she'd be able to! It could go either way.

I told her that I still need to get confidence in the bike given recent events, but she said if she likes it and more problems occur then I'll just have to put it in for a newer one with lower mileage.

Yeh......I could live with that!

easy rider GIF

After all, at my age I'm now in The Last Chance Saloon!

Live for today......because tomorrow may never come!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

When I bought the bike I said that one of the reasons for getting a GS was that the wife might be able to come out on it when she wanted. I'm in a difficult situation ( @Cliveand @Swagman know what I mean) because you can't just bugger off all day and leave them on their own.

But due to her osteoarthritis she's limited as to what is comfortable for her and it needs to have excellent suspension......and in that respect it's difficult to match a Beemer. She loved Big Bird, so she may well feel the same with this one.

Why this weekend? Well my boy and his family are off to the Costa del Sol for two days and taking the car, so she has to come on it to feed the horses. If it's still difficult for her then we know she'll never be able to come out on a bike for a trip. But if it's OK then she'd be able to! It could go either way.

I told her that I still need to get confidence in the bike given recent events, but she said if she likes it and more problems occur then I'll just have to put it in for a newer one with lower mileage.

easy rider GIF

Well here’s hoping she can manage it in reasonable comfort, I know it’s not easy for them with arthritis as the wife has it also, and I don’t like going without her just isn’t fair if she has to stay home while I go out, good look with that @XTremehope it works out for you both.👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well here’s hoping she can manage it in reasonable comfort, I know it’s not easy for them with arthritis as the wife has it also, and I don’t like going without her just isn’t fair if she has to stay home while I go out, good look with that @XTremehope it works out for you both.👍

I get out for a few hours as you know, but going further afield isn't an option really.

If she was able to come then it would open a whole new world.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd ground it out Tym!

Whats the odds, shed love to ride pillion on a PC. Plus you could carry all the feed and hay in the trunk. 🤪

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

easy rider GIF

Would of thought the mrs would be encouraging you to fuck off out all day on your own .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

easy rider GIF

No fear of my wife riding again, her gear (apart from her helmet and boots) does not fit her any longer.....so any rides for me consist of a couple of hours at the most, she should have learnt to drive years ago.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Clive said:

No fear of my wife riding again, her gear (apart from her helmet and boots) does not fit her any longer.....so any rides for me consist of a couple of hours at the most, she should have learnt to drive years ago.

That's a bugga. I can piss off at almost any time, get more grief if she can't come (on her own bike) of course but she wouldn't stop me.

• Like 2

It’s a difficult situation for sure.

Im lucky as my wife encourages me to go a lot of the time. Even if she wanted to ride pillion it’s not going to happen as one of us nearly always has to be there for our son.

id go stir crazy if I couldn’t get away now and again 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

It’s a difficult situation for sure.

Im lucky as my wife encourages me to go a lot of the time. Even if she wanted to ride pillion it’s not going to happen as one of us nearly always has to be there for our son.

I am seriously considering getting shut of the scoot when it gets its new MOT in September,  300 miles in the last year, hardly seems worth the outlay. 🤔 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Been years since i even thought i could get away for more then an hour, Duty is the biggest four letter word in the English language.

Be nice to get away, problem is i wouldnt want to come back. So i better not for now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Duty is the biggest four letter word in the English language.

A very rare commodity in the generations that preceded us Tym.

6 hours ago, Tym said:

Been years since i even thought i could get away for more then an hour, Duty is the biggest four letter word in the English language.

Be nice to get away, problem is i wouldnt want to come back. So i better not for now.

You should go visit Pete.

• Haha 2