Change of Bike……..?

Skippy

Don’t panic, it’s not one of those ‘guess-what-I-might-buy’ threads but a simple heads up that now the Suzuki DR600S is almost sorted and ready to take over dirt duties the Himalayan needs to be outed for something more road orientated.

Off to Alicante in the morning to see a tidy Kawasaki z750 with not many klms and as pretty as a pretty thing.

Plenty fast enough for an old man. 🤣

72BFF95C-628F-4FB7-9054-F63B795A34FA.jpeg

2E8F2C87-2277-46BF-8561-68C50FABAD1A.jpeg

124687B9-C2A5-451C-9E02-47A3916FF120.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You need to ask them to take those red stripes off even if they don't sell it to you, just to gain karma points in the universe.

Very true……..anyway I might get it resprayed into the Kawasaki Team France colours of red, green and white. Obviously it will turn me into a riding god.

9144C806-F7D9-4C6A-B269-2C1CC01C80B2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Reestreno seem to sell quality bikes....but normally at top book. Plus 200 euros transfer on top.

Do they sell Teutonic oil belchers at top price.........................

asking for a friend  :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Reestreno seem to sell quality bikes....but normally at top book. Plus 200 euros transfer on top.

Yep that’s right so I need to get a good deal. Looks better in the flesh……..the rider that is. 😝😝

9A102B73-FE14-4AB4-AB0A-BED764A618A0.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Yep that’s right so I need to get a good deal. Looks better in the flesh……..the rider that is. 😝😝

You look like a Geriatric Chav on that!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Skippy said:

Let us know how you get on with it if you buy it. I've seen loads of them for sale here and they're all a pretty good price. 😎

• Like 2

Just now, Tango said:

Let us know how you get on with it if you buy it. I've seen loads of them for sale here and they're all a pretty good price. 😎

Kwaks don't hold their price well......and their market share is diminishing rapidly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Kwaks don't hold their price well......and their market share is diminishing rapidly.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Why is that?

Just now, Tango said:

Yeah, I've noticed that. Why is that?

They never have compared to Honda (particularly) or Yamaha.

I think it's down to lack of development over many years where they just keep repeating the same models year after year.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They never have compared to Honda (particularly) or Yamaha.

I think it's down to lack of development over many years where they just keep repeating the same models year after year.

The new H2 looked pretty interesting, but yeah, they're not very inspiring and build quality is not too great either.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tango said:

The new H2 looked pretty interesting, but yeah, they're not very inspiring and build quality is not too great either.

Really, it comes down to Honda and Yamaha now......they've kept innovating and developing new products while the other two have stood still and just kept rehashing the same old shit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skippy said:

you are old grace helbig GIF by This Might Get

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Tango said:

Agreed to swop over next Wednesday so I’ll let you know how it goes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

@Skippy......how the hell can they ask this money for a 2003 R1150GS?

https://motos.coches.net/ocasion/bmw/r_1150_gs_adventure/2004-en-alicante-7817128.htm

………..because some people are daft enough to believe they actually need one in their life. I test ride one of those when they first came out and it was fucking horrible; heavy, lardy, and frankly all round unpleasant.

Most people buy them and never take them off road, using them only for touring about on. There are far better purpose built tourers for much less money and as for off road, they are a liability if the going gets tricky unless you are a very skilled rider.

Have to say, the customer service at that dealer was very good and they had my Himalayan in the workshop for an hour and checked it over thoroughly which also means (hopefully) they do the same with all their bikes.

Anyway, I’m not old or decrepit enough for a GS (yet!) 🤣…………I’m sure @Pedro will be along to defend the GS Brotherhood very soon. ☀️

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Skippy said:

………..because some people are daft enough to believe they actually need one in their life. I test ride one of those when they first came out and it was fucking horrible; heavy, lardy, and frankly all round unpleasant.

Most people buy them and never take them off road, using them only for touring about on. There are far better purpose built tourers for much less money and as for off road, they are a liability if the going gets tricky unless you are a very skilled rider.

Have to say, the customer service at that dealer was very good and they had my Himalayan in the workshop for an hour and checked it over thoroughly which also means (hopefully) they do the same with all their bikes.

Anyway, I’m not old or decrepit enough for a GS (yet!) 🤣…………I’m sure @Pedro will be along to defend the GS Brotherhood very soon. ☀️

You're part-exing the Himalayan Ray?

22 minutes ago, Skippy said:

………I’m sure @Pedro will be along to defend the GS Brotherhood very soon. ☀️

I don’t defend any brotherhood, not even bikers, there’s twats everywhere! Last place I want to be seen in is a bar full of GSs outside.

I like GS’s as a bike, though, and a nice 1150 is a very balanced and planted bike in my opinion. You don’t like them, and that’s fine, but then again you quite like the RE you’re selling so I don’t really know what to think of your taste in bikes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I don’t defend any brotherhood, not even bikers, there’s twats everywhere! Last place I want to be seen in is a bar full of GSs outside.

I like GS’s as a bike, though, and a nice 1150 is a very balanced and planted bike in my opinion. You don’t like them, and that’s fine, but then again you quite like the RE you’re selling so I don’t really know what to think of your taste in bikes.

I haven’t got any taste in anything 😝😝

• Haha 1