Electronic Techies

boboneleg

Anyone ever used a scart to HDMI converter cable ?  I need one to go from our DVD player to TV.  Just realised that none of these modern TV's have scart sockets anymore 

Something like this ...............

shopping.png.c0efe817facdf536c79d7a60f7a17ff3.png

No, but the format is significantly different, hdmi is effectively a USB derivative while SCART is analogue. To do it any justice it will cost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Top man Fred , does it work 🤔😁

Cant remember been in the cupboard for years you can try it. Might be the wrong way round says it converts HDMI to Scart so not sure if it goes the other way as well 

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Cant remember been in the cupboard for years you can try it. Might be the wrong way round says it converts HDMI to Scart so not sure if it goes the other way as well 

I’ll give it a go if that’s ok 👍 

address on its way 

As long as you are not to bothered about sharp colours it should be okay, whites will be off white and you will only get very dark grey rather than black.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I’ll give it a go if that’s ok 👍 

address on its way 

I think i remember why i got it, it was because we had a new virgin media box and it only had HDMI and our TV only had Scart. We bought a new TV shortly after so it didn't get much use must have worked or i wouldn't have kept it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buckster said:

As long as you are not to bothered about sharp colours it should be okay, whites will be off white and you will only get very dark grey rather than black.

No politics!

• Haha 2

Cheers Fred, the converter arrived this morning 👍  Just got to wait for the new TV to arrive now.  I envisage a situation whereby I'll be sat in the chunnel while Ersilia is on the phone to me asking how she gets the TV to work 😏

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Cheers Fred, the converter arrived this morning 👍  Just got to wait for the new TV to arrive now.  I envisage a situation whereby I'll be sat in the chunnel while Ersilia is on the phone to me asking how she gets the TV to work 😏

In the good old days there were no mobile phones :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

• 4 months later...

Amazon Fire tv buffering all the damn time.
Need Ethernet cable for wired connection but don’t understand what the difference is between the Ethernet cable categories. One cable says cat 6 the other cat 8. 
Anyone got a simple explanation? Failing that any explanation so I can figure out what damn cable I need?

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Need Ethernet cable for wired connection but don’t understand what the difference is between the Ethernet cable categories. One cable says cat 6 the other cat 8. 
Anyone got a simple explanation? Failing that any explanation so I can figure out what damn cable I need?

Its the data transfer speed cat 8 is faster than cat 6 so either will do 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You need a nice scart lead you do 

mr-bean-flirty.gif.457fe7c345c90afff356fa4e4b480be4.gif

• Haha 2

On 19/06/2022 at 19:53, Buckster said:

I heard the colours will run

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its the data transfer speed cat 8 is faster than cat 6 so either will do 

@Slowlycatchymonkey i wasn't joking when i typed this its actually true Cat 8 is the fastest data/ethernet cable available at the moment when i used to install it it was Cat 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey i wasn't joking when i typed this its actually true Cat 8 is the fastest data/ethernet cable available at the moment when i used to install it it was Cat 5

Soz got the message just tapped the wrong button 😂

• Haha 1