My Dad's Lambretta

Cupid Stunt

1 minute ago, Cupid Stunt said:

My Dad's Lambretta, bought in 1955 for £155 plus 7/6p tax
He kept it until 1973, Pete would never have a bike that long

1955_Dads_Lambo_1955-1973_0001_a.jpg

Nice one Terry! Any record of it still in existence?

No idea mate, I would seriously doubt it
Can't check it like modern vehicles as if it still existed it would be classed as an historical vehicle and exempt from MOT and Tax

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

No idea mate, I would seriously doubt it
Can't check it like modern vehicles as if it still existed it would be classed as an historical vehicle and exempt from MOT and Tax

Don’t you still have to go through DVLA the web site to tax it each year?

No records on dvla.

They're becoming fashionable, Lambrettas, have started to see more and more of them, usually restored and looking very clean on sunday mornings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Don’t you still have to go through DVLA the web site to tax it each year?

No records on dvla.

Yeah, apparently it still has to be taxed but at £0, no records now so I'd guess it has been scrapped for a very long time
However the police car that used to stop us all the time as kids is still on record SMP619M it was a 3.5 rover

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/06/2022 at 18:47, Cupid Stunt said:

However the police car that used to stop us all the time as kids is still on record SMP619M it was a 3.5 rover

That's your modern lean police budgets for you, they're keeping the jam sandwiches going for as long as they can.

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

That's your modern lean police budgets for you, they're keeping the jam sandwiches going for as long as they can.

That's a phrase I haven't heard for about 40 years!

We used to banger race and paint the cars as Jam sarnies. Also had ACAB on the sides in big black letters, plot wasn't happy and would often pull us over on the way to the track.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 08/06/2022 at 09:37, yen_powell said:

It wasn't a "Jam sandwich" it was older than that, all blue old shape Rover 3.5, 1974

• Haha 1

On 08/06/2022 at 11:11, Catteeclan said:

We used to banger race and paint the cars as Jam sarnies. Also had ACAB on the sides in big black letters, plot wasn't happy and would often pull us over on the way to the track.

A friend of mine with a misspent youth had ACAB badly tattooed across his fingers (you know the Indian ink and needle look). He said it wasn't his finest career move and caused him a lot of grief. When I asked why he still hadn't had it covered over he just shrugged 😆

• Haha 1

The first bloke I sat next to at my current job in 1986,he was later our chief exec, wrote a song called ACAB. Not my cup of tea, but I would never tell him that, he's still a big fucker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

The first bloke I sat next to at my current job in 1986,he was later our chief exec, wrote a song called ACAB. Not my cup of tea, but I would never tell him that, he's still a big fucker.

Can't help but think "Calm down dear" 🤣

• Haha 1