Computer desk - what ya got?

Earache

I'm thinking about making a custom desk for my PC. Anyone else have a cool set up that works well for them?  Or are you still using an old door spread atop some old crates?

Post up some pics and some ideas on what you'd like to have on your desk. 

I need to get off my ass and make something cool.

Current set up: 

current.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Just this old thing......which I've had for years!

20220522_195716-min.jpg.098157db599d876f00877aaf912b6d38.jpg

Looks tidy and if it works for you then you're all set.

Anyone else?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Earache said:

Looks tidy and if it works for you then you're all set.

Anyone else?

This is my boy's in The Netherlands.....he's got some sort of Virtual Reality setup.

IMG-20210603-WA0000.jpg.d359356c3976a54800dbd82ff841264d.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

sounds technical

He puts on some sort of headset and goggles and when he moves his arms around the same actions happen in the game apparently.

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

Mr Slowlys new monitor is so large he has to look left and right to be able to see it all 😆 The current solution which looks like crap is to have one desk with the screen at the back and another in front of it with the keyboard and mouse allowing him to sit far enough back to see it all 😂

So I’ve bought this lovely chunk of walnut. It’ll mean he can have the absolute maximum amount of desk space available. 
Difficult to photograph lent in the hall and it’s still wrapped in plastic so doesn’t look great but I think it will work well.  DD742DE4-76C1-48E0-831A-A35D3283D401.thumb.jpeg.3df2dd7884940c03ad6901ee69361580.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have a little room off the living room its messy because its my room the wife is forbidden to tidy up in here because when she tidies things up things go missing :classic_laugh:

office.thumb.jpg.b765a108f0a52d7c4e226f021dba1c6d.jpg

That's a nice setup Fred!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's a nice setup Fred!

That was our kitchen when we first moved in here. the room is nine foot by five an a half foot, bloody useless as a kitchen but great as an office

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have a little room off the living room its messy because its my room the wife is forbidden to tidy up in here because when she tidies things up things go missing :classic_laugh:

office.thumb.jpg.b765a108f0a52d7c4e226f021dba1c6d.jpg

I like smallish office / computer desks like that - mine at my shop is similar. But I need to get big at home for my music stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mr Slowlys new monitor is so large he has to look left and right to be able to see it all 😆 The current solution which looks like crap is to have one desk with the screen at the back and another in front of it with the keyboard and mouse allowing him to sit far enough back to see it all 😂

So I’ve bought this lovely chunk of walnut. It’ll mean he can have the absolute maximum amount of desk space available. 
Difficult to photograph lent in the hall and it’s still wrapped in plastic so doesn’t look great but I think it will work well.  DD742DE4-76C1-48E0-831A-A35D3283D401.thumb.jpeg.3df2dd7884940c03ad6901ee69361580.jpeg

Nice chunk of wood - walnut is one of my favorite species of wood to work with as it looks so rich when nicely finished. Made a dining table for my wife out of walnut.

• Like 2

Haven’t sat at a desk since covid started, happy enough that way. I have plans for a home office though, but don’t really know what for :classic_laugh:

• Like 2