Go East Young Man!

Earache

5 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Think they've stopped the S10, emission probs.

Every time I see you bike I want mine back.:classic_laugh:

Emissions? We ain't got no emissions!  It's still available in the USA (see: https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/adventure-touring/models/super-tenere-es ) but it's basically the same old bike with no updates other than color changes. But you can get them for below MSRP as well. Still a great bike.

I'm thinking the Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 is the way to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earache said:

Emissions? We ain't got no emissions!  It's still available in the USA (see: https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/adventure-touring/models/super-tenere-es ) but it's basically the same old bike with no updates other than color changes. But you can get them for below MSRP as well. Still a great bike.

I'm thinking the Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 is the way to go.

I test rode the Exploder before getting the S10. Lovely handling bike with loads more power but the reputation wasn't good at the time, worth a punt now though.:littleguy:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I test rode the Exploder before getting the S10. Lovely handling bike with loads more power but the reputation wasn't good at the time, worth a punt now though.:littleguy:

I'm aware of their reputation - might not be the best choice for me as I tend to ride a lot on short periods of time. That's what sold me on the S10 as you can ride it all day and just put it away - then do the same thing the next day...for months on end. It really has been a great bike as you just can't fuck it up.

• Like 2

Loaded and ready to roll early tomorrow morning. Going to leave in the dark so the neighbors don't see me driving a truck with a bike in the back. They'll think I'm a Harley rider or something....

IMG_0992.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Earache said:

Loaded and ready to roll early tomorrow morning. Going to leave in the dark so the neighbors don't see me driving a truck with a bike in the back. They'll think I'm a Harley rider or something....

IMG_0992.jpg

How far you got to drive Eric?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

How far you got to drive Eric?

Not sure yet; either to Hays, Kansas or Columbia, Missouri and then dump the truck.

I'll stop along the way, get the bike out of the truck, snap a pic and then reload it. Or I might just use someone else's pics.....

• Haha 5

Day 1  -up at 2:30 am to get ready and the power is out. Heavy snow must have snapped a tree which fell into a powerline somewhere. So I get ready to go in the dark. Nice.

I get out to the truck only to be greeted by 6" of new snow. Quick shovel of the steps and I load up and head out.......

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours later and I'm at Todd's house in Columbia, Missouri. I'll have a day to rest up here and we're off to Indianapolis (350 miles east of here) on Thursday.

Hoping to get out for a nice dinner and beers tonight - pics to follow........

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Earache said:

Day 1  -up at 2:30 am to get ready and the power is out. Heavy snow must have snapped a tree which fell into a powerline somewhere. So I get ready to go in the dark. Nice.

I get out to the truck only to be greeted by 6" of new snow. Quick shovel of the steps and I load up and head out.......

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Shit......that's bad! And we're nearly in June! 

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Shit......that's bad! And we're nearly in June! 

It was cold and raining - hard - all the way across Kansas. 42F /5C in the rain would not have been a fun ride at all. 500 miles of suck.

Glad I was in the truck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

That truck must be pretty big (by UK standards) coz it makes the S10 look small 😵

Although just a standard cab, it has a 4 feet wide by 8 feet plus bed on it - so it's pretty freakin long as far as pickup trucks go. Great for hauling tables that I make and also full sized bikes with the tailgate up.

• Like 3

Day 2 - Day  of rest today before we head to Indianapolis on the bikes tomorrow. Checked tire pressure  on the bike but really don't have fuck all else to do until I pack up the bike tomorrow. 

Planning routes to get around the severe weather that the area is expecting tomorrow - tornados are in the forecast and it'd be cool to get some pics of one but I'd really rather not have to deal with it all. Heavy rains, too. Fun!

Got to the store and picked up extra drinks for this evening. Check out Todd's little refrigerator on the kitchen counter  -his regular refrig took a shit and died on him and the stores are empty when he went to order a new one. No word on when the one he ordered will be here. Could only fit 3 beers in for this evening.... such a tragedy!

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Day 3 - Quite the long day as we dodged storms all day on our way to Indianapolis. The 500 race is this weekend so there was lots of traffic.

Thanks to smartphones, we were able to locate the storms and ride around them and stayed dry most of thew day.

EFPY0784.JPEG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Earache said:

Day 3 - Quite the long day as we dodged storms all day on our way to Indianapolis. The 500 race is this weekend so there was lots of traffic.

Thanks to smartphones, we were able to locate the storms and ride around them and stayed dry most of thew day.

EFPY0784.JPEG

At least you're not dodging snow now Eric!

• Like 1

Midwestern USA is dominated by huge flat plains and farmlands - so there'

s really not shit to take pics of. Just miles upon miles of grasslands and corn fields. So not a lot of action pics today. It'll get better later.

Ate at only the finest restaurants along the way. The Bell was closed to =inside dining so we opted for gas station food as it was the only place open. Taquitos!

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

• Like 3

At another fuel stop we talked to a guy who's HD had taken a major shit and quit running. All of their gears was off the bikes and onto the parking lot as there tried to solve the issue. Ending up calling a tow truck as it was kaput.

Felt sorry for the guy as we've all been there and it's no fun at all....

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

• Like 3

We made it to Indy though. And went out to dinner and beers at the local heavy metal and burgers bar with my bud Clint. Food was perfect, beers were cold and the music was great. A really nice night....

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

• Like 4