Go East Young Man!

Earache

1 hour ago, Earache said:

We made it to Indy though. And went out to dinner and beers at the local heavy metal and burgers bar with my bud Clint. Food was perfect, beers were cold and the music was great. A really nice night....

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

Damn......that food looks good!

I think I could eat well in the US because your menus are similar stuff to Britain. Except there's a lot more of it over there!

22 hours ago, ReggiePezza said:

Very interesting. What fridge did he go for then? I'm guessing it won't be "American-style", but, actually American. 

Todd can't remember what brand he ordered but knows it's gonna be at least 6 months to get one. Apparently there just aren't many, to be had unless you want a really basic one.  "Supply chain issues" strike once again.

On Friday, Clint picked us up for breakfast and drove us like a maniac to eat. Having survived that, we waited on Dave and Debbie to appear at our hotel.

Clint is a "car guy" and it's always fun to drive with him...

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

• Like 2

But we managed to get 150 miles in before lunch. I've posted  pics of this place before, but we hot the local Skyline Chili for lunch. Fuckin' excellent!

AGZS5272.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted some pics of this place before as well, but Debbie had never been here so we went. The Athens Insane Asylum - old loonie bin in Ohio

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

• Like 3

Food sucked badly tonight, so no pics for @Pedro, pretty horrible family restaurant with a cute bartender. Got a substantial amount of Stella down my neck though so it wasn't a complete loss....

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

Superb shots Eric.....I remember the Insane Asylum from your previous trip!

But that weather is a nightmare! :classic_ohmy:

Weather has totally sucked so far. But supposed to be nicer today. Yesterday had nice skies in the afternoon but cold. Should be better now.

• Like 1

So Saturday we had to cover about 600 miles from Athens, Ohio through Pennsylvania and into New York.

We were greeted by wet and cloudy roads in Ohio as we covered the back roads north to Zanesville, Ohio. Lots of Amish buggies on the roads and lots of the associated horse shit as well, which in the rain can be very slick as you well know.

IMG_3212.JPG

• Like 4

Stopped at a local fuel station and they sold race gas in 5 gallon containers. Dunno what the Amish do with race gas but it looked to be a big seller....

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

• Like 2

After Zanesville, Ohio, we were on the highways for rest of the day. But we did stop on the shore of Lake Erie to visit the beach for a minute. Cold (55F) but there were still peeps on the sands....

IMG_7613.JPG

IMG_7614.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG

IMG_7618.JPG

IMG_7619.JPG

• Like 3

After Dave's bike took a shit on the highway and stopped dead (dash error said "key low" which we assumed was the battery in the key fob being dead) we stopped for a few on the side of the road. The bike finally restarted and ran well for the last 30m miles to the hotel in Rochester, New York. Bought a new battery for it, so we'll see.

We made it to the hotel and had every intention of going out for a nice dinner someplace. Never got past the hotel bar though....

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

• Like 2

Today we are done with the shitty highway riding and into the better stuff in the Adirondacks.  Hope to get some good riding pics and more interesting stuff to see and do. More later .......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Earache said:

Then Todd orders Brussel sprouts and a sausage for his dinner. Who the fuck does that? Things smelled like burnt ass ....

Yeh.......that is a bit of a weird choice!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Like most veg spouts are fine until cooked.

Can a bike really die with a low key battery. This is not progress. 

We're not sure that the battery was the problem but since replacing it the problem has not surfaced again. But it could only be a matter of time......

• Like 1

Sunday we crossed New York and rode through the Adirondacks. What a let down. The "mountains" are like the "Peaks" in the Peak District - so they're not mountains at but rolling hills. Lots of traffic and kinda crappy little towns we passed through. I won't be back.

Did see a cool beach on Lake Ontario though...

IMG_7634.JPG

IMG_7636.JPG

IMG_7637.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

IMG_7642.JPG

IMG_7646.JPG

• Like 3