Zaragoza and beyond…….

Skippy

Setting off on Sunday 29th May and heading to Zaragoza to meet up with a couple of UK based mates. They’re riding down from the UK over two and a bit days on a Kawasaki Versys 650 and a spangly new Husqvarna 901 Norden……….I’m going on my Himalayan because it’s the only working bike I have at the moment (might chop it in when I get back so I can start a ‘guess-what-I’m-buying’ thread).

The first day is a mere 546 klms for me from home to the hotel in the city centre. Good job I’ve got a fluffy sheepskin.

Anyway, the plan is to head from Zaragoza through the Picos de Europa, then south into the north of Portugal (any tips of where to head to @Pedro?), returning home on Saturday evening.

It'll be a blast and we’re sticking to the smaller roads so I don’t hold them up. Might even post some photos if I get really bored. 😜

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Skippy said:

(might chop it in when I get back so I can start a ‘guess-what-I’m-buying’ thread).

asks mr bean GIF

That's a great trip Ray!

Going to be a hard slog on the RE though!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Setting off on Sunday 29th May and heading to Zaragoza to meet up with a couple of UK based mates. They’re riding down from the UK over two and a bit days on a Kawasaki Versys 650 and a spangly new Husqvarna 901 Norden……….I’m going on my Himalayan because it’s the only working bike I have at the moment (might chop it in when I get back so I can start a ‘guess-what-I’m-buying’ thread).

The first day is a mere 546 klms for me from home to the hotel in the city centre. Good job I’ve got a fluffy sheepskin.

Anyway, the plan is to head from Zaragoza through the Picos de Europa, then south into the north of Portugal (any tips of where to head to @Pedro?), returning home on Saturday evening.

It'll be a blast and we’re sticking to the smaller roads so I don’t hold them up. Might even post some photos if I get really bored. 😜

Sounds marvellous. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Skippy said:

How long do you plan on being in Portugal, then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

asks mr bean GIF

That's a great trip Ray!

Going to be a hard slog on the RE though!

Nah it’s perfect for it, small roads where 100bhp is pointless, poor surfaces, lunatic farmers in my side of the road. Perfect. 😝

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

How long do you plan on being in Portugal, then?

Not sure really, I guess a lot will depend on the weather and how long it takes to make our way over.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2022 at 18:53, Skippy said:

Not sure really, I guess a lot will depend on the weather and how long it takes to make our way over.

I’m in the deep north of Portugal right now, will post a few google links for you next week.

Today’s stop

BB70B25B-B298-4483-8845-EF1FE0878E85.thumb.jpeg.bd324c2b0ec5bc33d9868f9d2765426b.jpeg

EAFC6A03-DD78-4DB3-930C-87C8993A033D.thumb.jpeg.058c482e4c880d7483f44fbf139163b5.jpeg

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

I’m in the deep north of Portugal right now, will post a few google links for you next week.

Today’s stop

EAFC6A03-DD78-4DB3-930C-87C8993A033D.thumb.jpeg.058c482e4c880d7483f44fbf139163b5.jpeg

Is that a gingers bike?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Pedro said:

Today’s stop

BB70B25B-B298-4483-8845-EF1FE0878E85.thumb.jpeg.bd324c2b0ec5bc33d9868f9d2765426b.jpeg

That looks epic, thanks very much Pedro.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2022 at 19:36, Skippy said:

That looks epic, thanks very much Pedro.

No worries, will try and post a ride report with some location names so you can check on google maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1