• Honda CB500X
    • BMW F800GS
    • Triumph Tiger 800
    • Honda NC750X
    • BMW R1200GS
    • Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
    • Yamaha Tracer 700

This poll is closed to new votes

Wasn't expecting that probably the last bike i would have thought of but now i think about it the signs were there as in you hadn't mentioned how heavy a bike is in a while  :classic_laugh:
Nice bike enjoy 👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Wasn't expecting that probably the last bike i would have thought of but now i think about it the signs were there as in you hadn't mentioned how heavy a bike is in a while  :classic_laugh:
Nice bike enjoy 👍

Same

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Nice bike enjoy 👍

5kg more than my Strom and a totally different centre of gravity.

I think it's about 35kg lighter than my R1150GS.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I know exactly what you're going to say so I could have prepared all the relevant answers.

But I couldn't be arsed......so I'll let you all vent!

20220513_110744-min.jpg.16b710c115a0a0e49702af4965b85c18.jpg

20220513_113521-min.jpg.c8c2b254f0b4e4d4cac0bb9ca114569f.jpg

20220513_125252-min.jpg.069f3271087a527f4a85bc0d7edf0768.jpg

20220513_125308-min.jpg.41e3aa22b051b704a9222d7c7fd7618b.jpg

And just in case you think I've taken pics of somebody else's bike......

20220513_133858-min.jpg.6142aef261c43f852b4524d74d68cba1.jpg

It's a 2007 R1200GS.....just look at the condition! It's exceptional.

62K kms (38K miles), 1 old guy owner who's retired Guardia Civil.

Two BMW dustbins (already removed thanks to a video call with @Pedro), Givi Trekker topbox, Givi touring screen, heated grips, and centre stand! One year's guarantee as well.

I wasn't particularly looking for one of these......in fact I didn't even know what I was looking for.

But at a price differential of €2K on top of the 650.....it was a fucking no-brainer.

One point of note....heated fucking grips......you live in Spain and don't ride in anything other than hot conditions when exactly are you going to use them......

Other than that it's OK I guess

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

One point of note....heated fucking grips......you live in Spain and don't ride in anything other than hot conditions when exactly are you going to use them......

Other than that it's OK I guess

Unlikely I will use them really.

Just now, skyrider said:

it's the 650's big sister and it looks well 👌

And I've really fucked things up for the twats who've been throwing "Chinese bike" at me for 20 months.

brendon urie middle finger GIF by Panic! At The Disco

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Do you miss your BMW at all @Motobiker?

No. Not in the slightest. Had one since 1997 so was long past the time to move on. It’s in good hands now. Just a shame it’s not coming with us next month.

227B5AD8-E9ED-4867-9787-ED95BFC9F76D.jpeg

• Like 5

FFS !!!

All you've done over the past months is moan about how heavy bikes are and now you buy a behemoth ...................

120872308_woolly-mammoth-NEWS_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq0K4YcDL3G4cBFFqVorikELUATf7ML2DwP4Pd_o4306U.thumb.webp.3c40fa56056742fb5101471f26ab85df.webp

Having said that, it looks very nice and clean.   ANd .................. definitely a puddle dodger :classic_unsure:

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

No. Not in the slightest. Had one since 1997 so was long past the time to move on. It’s in good hands now. Just a shame it’s not coming with us next month.

227B5AD8-E9ED-4867-9787-ED95BFC9F76D.jpeg

I thought thats what you’d say. I love its looks, like a carbuncle on the smooth history everyone tends to drum up. I wouldnt go quite as far as to say it’s got the looks only a mother could love but it’s close 😂

I’m awaiting a dolomites update, any time.. 😆

Who bought it (user name obv).

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

you buy a behemoth

5kg heavier than the Strom, 7kg lighter than Fred's, and about 35kg lighter than my R1150GS.

Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer it to be lighter. But I either compromise on weight or I compromise on power.

The wife (strangely enough) was the one who put the idea in my head.....because she said she'd like to get out now and again on the bike if it was as comfortable as Big Bird.

When I got it back she looked at it and said "Well Big Bird had a longer beak than this one". 

Ryan Howard What GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

5kg heavier than the Strom, 7kg lighter than Fred's, and about 35kg lighter than my R1150GS.

Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer it to be lighter. But I either compromise on weight or I compromise on power.

The wife (strangely enough) was the one who put the idea in my head.....because she said she'd like to get out now and again on the bike if it was as comfortable as Big Bird.

When I got it back she looked at it and said "Well Big Bird had a longer beak than this one". 

Ryan Howard What GIF

So size still matters to her eh monty python wink GIF

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Ryan Howard What GIF

That sounds great Pete 👍

• Haha 1

Ok, who taking odds on how long this lasts, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months are available, 2 years is even odds btw and sold out. :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

I've got a year's guarantee.....so I may flip it at the end of the period.

A lot depends on how it is during that time.

But these things hold their price like nothing else.